Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Posted by: lite&lithe ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:46PM

Hi Raw Foodies:
I'm new to the forum--but not to the recipes part of the website! I've used those to help in my journey to becming 90per cent raw..but it is a struggle.

I am a trying-hard raw food wannabe and joined up to get support. My health depends on making a 360 on food choices. What are some suggestions to get started on this website? I'd likeot be very connected so I do not stray!

light~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 26, 2012 10:41PM

don't stray

chill out hang out

and laugh!

lots to learn here

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 27, 2012 12:58AM

Hi lite&lithe,

One suggestion I would give you on how to succeed on the RFD would be to dry fast in the morning for a few hours or as long as you feel OK. Then drink water and then eat fresh fruit until noon. You may have to work up to that. And stop eating around 7:00 in the evening.

Good luck.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 27, 2012 05:02AM

My suggestion is quite the opposite: drink plenty of clean water in the morning, mixed with a drop of lemon juice if you like it. Apart from essential hydration after a night-long fast, water helps to clean our bodies, this is where the drop of lemon juice is particularly useful.

So plenty of water in the morning, and then once you feel genuinely hungry, eat nice breakfast made out of leafy greens and fruits, you can mix those in a smoothie or it like a salad. Then lunch and dinner - according to your routine. This is what helped me a lot, having a routine. This way my mind is free in between meal intakes: I know that its not time to eat so I don't think about it, and when I come across a temptation it becomes easier to overcome it.

Otherwise the trick to stay on raw food is determination, and finding good recipes. If your health really in danger it should be easy for you - simply think about your health whenever you come across a temptation to eat some junk. Think what is more important for you at that minute: junk food or your health? So easy! And the recipes part, just make sure that whatever you prepare raw is really really tasty, so that you look forward to eating it. Have a few of your favourite recipes behind your sleeve so to speak: again whenever you come across a temptation, think about one of them and see if you want it more than the junk!

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables