Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Black Garlic?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:28PM

Anyone tried black garlic, seemingly it is twice as rich in antioxidants as normal garlic and doesn't leave any of the taste.

Or at least the ad i read in the paper earlier today said so lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black Garlic?
Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:39PM

Just googled it, and this sentence is not promising for those striving to be 100%: "it is made by fermenting whole bulbs of garlic at high temperature, a process that results in black cloves."

Ooh just read further, perhaps you have in mind something different? "It is unrelated to a genetically unique six-clove garlic also called black garlic and used in countries such as Korea."

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 05:42PM by chat.

Date: August 22, 2012 06:16PM

I have no idea ive never researched it yet really, seen the ad in a magazine today offering black garlic for £1.50 boasting twice the antioxidants and no smell, had me intrigued and wondered if anyone had tried it yet.

I remember it making an appearance a few years ago but i forgot about it quickly again lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:46AM

Yeah, in cooking school--it was the "In" thing for chefs in the early aughts. None of us said afterward, "I'm running out to my nearest Asian import store to get some!"

I guess if you want to take it as a sort of superfood/supplement, you would, but it's usually rather expensive; fruits are cheaper. Though, maybe not in the UK? smiling smiley

Date: August 26, 2012 02:01PM

Nice one on the background Tamukha smiling smiley.

It was advertised as £1.50 a pack i assume which would mean a bulb, which is more than normal garlic here anyway. Might give it a shot, you only live once afterall lol.

Does it really have no garlic taste to it or smell?

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 27, 2012 09:06PM

powerlifer,

I thought it had, though subtle. But as a vegetarian, I realized quickly I was more sensitive to things in cooking school than others. If it's cheap, you should try it smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables