Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

texan faire
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 05, 2012 05:58PM

[shine.yahoo.com]

interesting ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 06:01PM by la_veronique.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: texan faire
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 06, 2012 09:28AM

how about a competition of rotten & acidic blue cheese?...interesting

But wait! check out this other interesting cheese

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Derived from Pecorino, casu marzu goes beyond typical fermentation to a stage most would consider decomposition, brought about by the digestive action of the larvae of the cheese fly Piophila casei. These larvae are deliberately introduced to the cheese, promoting an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down of the cheese's fats. The texture of the cheese becomes very soft, with some liquid (called lagrima, from Latin for "tear"winking smiley seeping out. The larvae themselves appear as translucent white worms, about 8 millimetres (0.3 in) long.[1] When disturbed, the larvae can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in). Some people clear the larvae from the cheese before consuming while others do not."

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 06, 2012 03:48PM

This explains so much about Texas.

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: September 07, 2012 08:29AM

Wow! The stuff people will put in their mouths.

I was thinking that Texan cuisine was disgusting till you shared the Sardinian larva lunch, Panchito. I often wonder how we (humankind) got from a natural diet of fresh fruits and vegetables to the garbage we ingest now. And it's universal!! Unless I don't know something, all human societies cook some of their food.

Am I wrong about that?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 08, 2012 11:53PM

Some people like bad things. Look at teh lobsters, the rats of the oceans. A lobster or a shrimp look scary like a spider, but people eat it. People smoke...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables