Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Whole Foods/Prop 37 Flak
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 28, 2012 12:15PM

Looks like Whole Foods is being intimidated, bullied, strong-armed, and shaken down to donate to Prop 37 by this video group and Mike Adams of Natural News. Whole Foods is also being Lied About and Falsely Accused.

Twisting the words and facts.

This video says Whole Foods Trains their employees to say their foods don't contain GMO's. Is that true?

They say "Organic Spies Found Lies". I believe a Lie is an Intentional Falsehood, but what this video and Mike Adams are calling "Lies by Whole Foods" are only "Misinformation of Whole Foods Employees."

They say "Conducted an undercover sting of Whole Foods Market for selling unlabeled GMO Foods" -- Well, duh, there's no such thing as a labeled GMO food.

They accuse Whole Foods of "Intentional False Marketing by Whole Foods".

But what we see is misinformed employees, there is no proof that the Whole Foods Company owner is "intentionally" purposely lying to the public as this video is accusing.

"No, nothing in our store contains GMO's" -- this employee is misinformed on GMO's. But the video and Mike Adams have taken Employee Misinformation and twisted it contorted it and made it into "Whole Foods is against GMO Labeling and Against Prop 37, and Whole Foods and Monsanto are in cahoots".

Mike Adams says - "But the longer you play this deceptive game of hiding GMOs in your foods," - Whole Foods is not "hiding GMO's in their foods"; GMO's are hidden in almost all foods. So that is Pure Twisting. (So that's what I call a 'bait and switch' by Mike Adams) Like one employee said - If you get rid of everything that contains GMO's, there won't be anything left on the shelves. Duh!

Mike Adams says - "knowingly selling a huge array of products made with Monsanto's genetically engineered corn while pushing a public image that tricks many people -- including their own employees -- into thinking that Whole Foods is GMO-free." No, Mike, you're projecting 'pushing a public image that tricks many people' onto Whole Foods.

Mike Adams says - "knowingly selling a huge array of products made with Monsanto's genetically engineered corn while pushing a public image that tricks many people -- including their own employees -- into thinking that Whole Foods is GMO-free." May I see proof and examples of their knowingly and intentionally 'pushing a public image that tricks many people into thinking' anything. Far-reaching accusation, Mike.

Mike Adams says - "The other shocking truth is that Whole Foods and Monsanto are both on the same side of Proposition 37." It took Mike many steps and convoluted logic and twisting to get to this projection, which he has no knowledge what side Whole Foods is on. I personally wouldn't be too surprised to find out that Whole Foods doesn't like GMO's any more than the rest of us.

The question is - Does Whole Foods train their employees to say there are no GMO's in their products? Until I find the answer to that question, I will defend Whole Foods.

If the answer is No, the only thing Whole Foods is in any way at fault would be in not training their customers about GMO's.

And then what is left is that - the video and Mike Adams are browbeating Whole Foods because they didn't donate to Prop 37 yet.

"33 companies have donated to Prop 37." So what, how many companies are there in total?

Why demonize Whole Foods - why eat your own?

If this is the way this faction operates, I don't want to be a part of them.

Here's the article and video -

[www.naturalnews.com]

I definitely hate GMO's and support Prop 37 and want GMO's to be outlawed and at least labeled everywhere, but I don't go for demonizing and twisting the facts and lying in an effort to force Whole Foods to donate to Prop 37, or with a longer-term agenda - to get rid of Whole Foods altogether....

Or could it have anything to do with the fact that this faction Hates "Corporations" and CEO's and Profits and "The Rich" and Business Owners?

Here's what Mike Adams at Natural News says -

"Too busy doing what, you ask? Cashing checks, of course! Whole Foods CEOs are multi-millionaires (oh, those horrible millionaires and billionaires) and yet they have not individually nor as a company done anything meaningful to support Proposition 37, the all-important GMO labeling bill in California."

I like Mike Adams and Natural News and especially enjoy their politics stuff and support of Ron Paul, but I'm taking issue with his jumping on the "Dump on Whole Foods" bandwagon.

I love Whole Foods and am thankful that I have one near me. Without it, I'd only have the organic produce in the supermarket. And I really like their own brand - 365 - that you can buy cheaper than the name brand, because it's usually the same ingredients, only at a cheaper price. My Whole Foods and a lot of others are even carrying Prepared Raw Food Dishes now - why try to destroy them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whole Foods/Prop 37 Flak
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 28, 2012 12:27PM

Well, lo and behold, after posting the above, I was checking out Twitter, and see that Whole Foods has issued a response to the Slanderous Video, which is getting a lot of traction -

[www.wholefoodsmarket.com]

Whole Foods says:
"I hope you don’t believe the claims that Whole Foods Market is coaching its Team Members to give false information to its customers, because it’s completely untrue."

I'm not really into lawsuits, but I sure would love to see these video people sued for this intentional lying and defaming the reputation of Whole Foods.

Whole Foods also says:

"(Whole Foods Market has publicly stated its support of California’s Proposition 37 [media.wholefoodsmarket.com]). We are not offering a financial donation to the effort because we do not contribute to political campaigns or ballot initiatives as a company policy. Instead, we are supporting the effort by helping inform our Team Members and our customer base with “Vote Yes on Prop 37” signs and information booths in our stores. We’re also highlighting and promoting hundreds of Non-GMO products in our stores throughout October to highlight the availability of these products for our customers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 12:37PM by KidRaw.

Re: Whole Foods/Prop 37 Flak
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 28, 2012 08:12PM

Ugh. So now he's touting his GMO-licious items? Either way it's a trainwreck. I hear he's a libertarian, for what it's worth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables