Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what are you going to do with all that lettuce?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 26, 2012 08:41PM

what are you going to do with all that lettuce? I got asked this question by a mid age woman on my latest trip to Costo. I only had 12 jumbo lettuces (two packs of 6) but it just happens that this was my smallest load ever. I was only carrying a box of peaches, 6 cantelupes, a box of mangos and two packs of celery. If this woman had caught me with one of the master loads, I would have feel better. Expect the unexpected.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what are you going to do with all that lettuce?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 26, 2012 11:18PM

So...what ARE you gonna do with all that lettuce?

Date: September 27, 2012 09:12AM

I eat two a day plus I add half a box of organic stuff (baby spinach, etc) to the bowl. So 12 will last me for 6 days. I am glad Costco sells them in 6 packs at a very good price.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 27, 2012 03:24PM

What is it with middle age ladies getting up in your business, Panchito? First the lady at the gym, now this! smiling smiley

People of various ages will remark that my shopping cart sure has a lot of produce in it, but when I say I eat mostly fruits and veggies, they say I must be healthy, and that's it.

Date: September 27, 2012 05:33PM

About the ladies. I don't know whats going on... I get a lot of stares (even from men) and even at long distances. And I don't know what they see. Wish I knew. Last weekend, I had one making strange loud laughs while dancing. I think there is something in the raw food diet, something hidden, and they cannot figure it out.

Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: September 27, 2012 05:47PM

That's funny Panchito. I get that question from the produce guys and register clerks at my grocery store. "What do you do with all that kale... spinach... apples... carrots...?" Last week as soon as I came in, the produce guy saw me and then vanished into the back room. A few minutes later he came back out with a fresh supply of kale for me. We both laughed about that.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 27, 2012 06:39PM

heh heh

yeah, i get people always gawking at all the green stuff i lay out on the rotating belt thing ( whatever you call that black gleaming thing that just keeps moving and moving) they look at that then they look at me.. then they look me up and down LOLsmiling smiley

its funny

a lot of people ask me if i juice it ( dunno why)

maybe they are psychic cuz i do juice n blend a lot too

some people have stopped their shopping while i am in the store and simply stared at the contents in my cart

then they would give me the "look" .... its the kind of look that only rawies get when they load up on tons of green stuff... its a peculiar look that is hard to describe... kinda maybe like a look that a bank teller might give you if you give them what they suspect to be a thousand counterfeit 100 dollar bills... just kinda look at you then look at the bills then look at you again and you know the gears in their brains are moving at a slow then faster clip....things are turning up in that skull...

and then continue on...

Date: September 28, 2012 12:23PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they say I must be healthy, and that's it.

yeah, I get that too. People will look and compare, then in a quick judgement say it must be healthy. People like quick effortless things or they wont do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables