Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just the Basics
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 06, 2012 10:46PM

I am new here, so I might have some questions to get me going, hope you are not annoyed!

Kale- i love kale chips, but I actually put them on my george foreman and that is not RAW... how else can I eat them? I cant afford a dehydrator right now?

salad dressing?? I am always looking for something to dip my veggies in or put on my salad, plus, if a lo cal option were available, that would be great.

does raw include this plan?

sugar: everyone here is a big fan of fruit, but I always feel on edge (sugar) when I eat fruit. Even carrots can do this to me. .Does anyone else struggle with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just the Basics
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2012 03:52AM

if u want "raw" kale chips, some people have suggested putting it in the oven with the lowest temp and leaving the door open though honestly, i'm not sure if this is efficacious... however, it has been suggested... personally, i would think that even the lowest temp might burn the enzymes but i have no evidence...

u might just wanna eat kale raw in a delicious salad til u can afford a dehydrator if you are that gung ho about them smiling smiley

as far as the sugar thing goes, yeah, high glycemic index fruits and even carrot juice is a bit much as far as sugar goes.. and does sometimes make me feel a bit
out of it

i think low glycemic foods are the best

keep fungal and not so beneficial bacterial counts down low

great observation

have fun

Posted by: chat ()
Date: October 07, 2012 07:31AM

If you have a fan-assisted oven which goes sufficienly low temperature (at least 50C) then you can use it, it's virtually no difference from a dehydrator so far as dehydrating goes.

About raw salad dressing - there are really millions of recipes if you google the words, or even look in the recipe section on this forum. They are made virtually of anything and can suit virtually any taste. One thing you definitely won't feel deficient while on raw is salad dressing ideassmiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 07, 2012 02:07PM

michelemm,

If you have a high speed blender, IMO one of the best applications of kale and sweet fruits is in green smoothies. They are easily made, highly nutritious, and portable! A search at our Recipes forum should supply you with many more ideas smiling smiley

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 08, 2012 02:09AM

HI
Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions! Most importantly, thank you for reminding me to have fun.

I get so bogged down with trying to figure things out that I forget this is not meant to be so draining!! For sure, I will try the kale chips, and yes, I am addicted to themsmiling smiley)))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables