Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green bags to prevent spoilage, do they work?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: October 04, 2012 02:18PM

I have seen the ads for "Evertfresh" green bags that purportedly absorb ethylene dioxide gas thereby increasing the shelflife and reducing spoilage for greens in your crisper/frig. Does anyone have any experience with the bags? The reason I asked is that I bought a competitor "Blue Apple" [www.thebluapple.com] which had pretty disappointing performance I must say at least for greens. Fruits were a little better. I'm just wondering if anyone has a story about these gas reducing devices and is it worth it?

I think at this point, I'm more inclined to make more trips, eat my produce more quickly and go back more often a la the Europeon way. I have no experience with the bags. Another option is for produce about to go south, juice it or dehydrate it or freeze it.. albeit with some nutrient loss.

Let me know your thoughts. Best.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green bags to prevent spoilage, do they work?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 04, 2012 07:57PM

Paul, I used them before and it didn't blow me away but perhaps I was not on top of the proper usage or something. It did seem that the herbs fared better than usual.

Re: Green bags to prevent spoilage, do they work?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: October 05, 2012 03:42PM

Thanks BW. I think they help but the benefits are overstated based on what I have seen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables