Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Plums...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 10, 2012 09:31PM

I have never been over the moon about plums. Prunes are a different story--love them. Always meh about plums. I bought some firm ones recently and they were sour and bland. They were round, if that means anything to you. However, I went to a different produce market last weekend and was able to procure some plums that were more oval-ish. And they had a softness and sweetness to them. One of them I put in my bad and promptly forgot to eat. It got even softer and I just ate it. DELICIOUS! A slight sour tang by the skin but lucious innards...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plums...
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2012 09:35PM

were they purple blue yellow or red?

despite the color i always find plums need to be good an ripe or they just dont taste good smiling smiley

i used to ninja loot my neighbors yellow plum tree up untill he chopped it down to put a cement pad down for his boat *huge tears that day* i acutally would have paid for an excavator to dig it up an transplant it my yard had i known he was gonna commit treeacide that day smiling smiley

those were the best plums ever smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 09:35PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 11, 2012 12:51AM

Jodi, they were purple but I have had ones that are blue-red. I wonder if the oval ones are Italian plums. I think I have seen them before.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:20PM

banana who,

Oval ones are typically prune plums, from which prunes are made. Perhaps it is the potential prunes within them that draws you to these plums smiling smiley

Date: October 11, 2012 04:30PM

Tam, that is probably it because for some reason, they were very flavorful--almost rich. I just had another one this morning. I wish this produce market was near my house! I happened upon it on my way home from yoga last Saturday but it's far north. Maybe in a couple of days I'll make a jackfruit and plum run...smiling smiley

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:28AM

I love plums.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 13, 2012 05:10AM

Once I lived in a rented house that had a plum orchard in the back yard and there were about eight different kinds of plum trees. Purple, red, yellow, red and yellow - I only knew their tastes and colors, not their real names, but Oh so delicious! Ahhhhhhhhhh. I LOVE LOVE LOVE plums! And miss having them fresh off the trees. (But there are still a few figs on the tree outside my window - alas not for long)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 13, 2012 04:00PM

The sweeter,more oval shaped ones are "italian plums" and they are only in season for a month or two, I believe. I foudn them sweeter and their skin more tender as well. There are also yellow/greenish plums, too, which are generally sweeter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables