Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone know if David Wolfe has changed his beliefs about fat consumption?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 20, 2012 09:38PM

I have been re-reading "Sunfood Diet Success System," which I recommend for both the raw info, as well as the positive thinking aspect. He mentions having eaten many raw olives at one time, as well as more than one avocado in a day. He said something which sounded much different that Douglas Graham, regarding protein cravings (or was it sugar cravings?): we really need fat instead.

I realize that people evolve in their beliefs and that is why I wonder if he still advocates for eating a decent amount of plant fats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone know if David Wolfe has changed his beliefs about fat consumption?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 20, 2012 10:06PM

From the odd videos ive watched yeah i think David still recommends getting a decent amount of fats from plant sources, which is a good thing.

Most of the fats are good fats from plant sources i.e monounsaturated fatty acids which are heart healthy, same with the Omega-3s.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Re: Does anyone know if David Wolfe has changed his beliefs about fat consumption?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 21, 2012 01:36PM

On the recently produced Nutribullet infomercial, David Wolfe makes green smoothies that are about half nuts and half greens, by volume, with some berries thrown in. So I'd say he's still pro-fats. smiling smiley

Date: October 21, 2012 06:24PM

Cool! Thanks, Tam! I am gonna try and find that one. I don't see a lot of him nowadays for whatever reason.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 23, 2012 05:20PM

These people go hopping from city to city selling 'shows.' Usually, they put a small store ala old west selling snake oil. If you don't buy, you are not in the circle of friends. Their friends are their customers. Sorry to sound unoptimistic of their lifestyle.

Date: October 23, 2012 10:10PM

Panchito, I agree. I find it so odd that you have these people hawking all sorts of potions and promoting a raw lifestyle at the same time. I have not found supplements (even liquid ones) to be good for me. I subscribe to the belief that food can provide it all and juicing is great for mega doses. Even digestive enzymes seem scammy but then again, I never felt the need for them. I just don't understand how powders can contain enzymatic agents.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 24, 2012 12:26PM

Do we have to wait that David Wolfe change his beliefs?

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:11PM

So because you don't understand something, that automatically makes it seem "scammy?"

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Panchito, I agree. I find it so odd that you have
> these people hawking all sorts of potions and
> promoting a raw lifestyle at the same time. I have
> not found supplements (even liquid ones) to be
> good for me. I subscribe to the belief that food
> can provide it all and juicing is great for mega
> doses. Even digestive enzymes seem scammy but then
> again, I never felt the need for them. I just
> don't understand how powders can contain enzymatic
> agents.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:16PM

HH Wrote:
> So because you don't understand something, that
> automatically makes it seem "scammy?"

but do you understand me?

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:18PM

Probably.

Panchito Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So because you don't understand something, that
> > automatically makes it seem "scammy?"
>
> but do you understand me?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:21PM

I think it's common for people to change and adapt their beliefs or ideas or ways of living over time. It doesn't make them a hypocrite; probably means they learned or experienced something different and wanted to try a new style. *shrug*

Date: October 24, 2012 03:47PM

HH: Try on this sentence instead: I don't BELIEVE that powdered enzymes have this incredible ability to break down foods touted by all sorts of people (not just raw fooders, by the way). I know that meat tenderizer is made (at least in part) from papain, so perhaps they simply grind the seeds into a powder. But it's like wheatgrass and all the other super food powders we always talk about: how can something that processed and old (sitting on a shelf) have much bioactivity? It seems counter-intuitive to me. Having said that, you are right: I don't know.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 24, 2012 04:01PM

It depends on the enzymes as to how stable they are. There are plant derived enzymes such as papain which is isolated from Papaya fruit which is a proteolyic enzyme and then there are animal derived digestive enzymes such as pancreatin, that you may find in many digestive enzyme formulas. You can get vegetarian digestive enzyme formulas too that are grown on plant foods and derived from.

Theres no doubt that digestive enzymes and other proteolyic enzymes work as there is a fair amount of research as to their efficiency, but digestive enzymes if used long term can actually weaken the digestion by making it reliant on the external source of enzymes. As such digestive enzyme supplements should only be used in those that need the extra help with digestion i.e someone with low stomach acid, lack of pancreatic enzymes even those with poor bile flow. Breaks should be used also so that the above doesn't happen. Anyone with normal digestion shouldn't need to supplement as they will have sufficient digestive enzymes anyway.

However in my opinion it is much safer to just stimulate the release of pancreatic enzymes through the use of digestive bitter herbs. As to wheatgrass powder, its great if you have a supply of fresh wheatgrass all year round or at all, many of us don't have the time for that. Many green powders are minimally processed or heated especially the raw green powders. These powders are lab tested per batch and still retain a high level of nutrients. Better than a synthetic multi-vitamin in my opinion, ive had great results from green powder/herbal mixes such as wheatgrass, kelp, nettle, chlorella, spirulina, oatgrass and watercress powder blends.

Enerfood is actually a really good pre made green superfood product with chlorella, dulse, kelp, spirulina, nutritional yeast etc. Ive had good results from especially in regards to energy and recovery. It does taste pretty horrible though, id imagine the taste is covered better with juice. I just use water, very good stuff though and saves blending my own, always gets good feedback despite the taste.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2012 04:13PM by powerlifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables