Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Attn: Bryan
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: July 19, 2006 01:31AM

I am going to start working out again doing curls, calf raises, ab crunches, etc. I've been feeling somewhat run down just a little, and I feel that maybe I need something more in my diet.

I have fruit in the morning, usually apples or strawberries. The AM consists of green apples and then an hour or so later, a pint of strawberries.

I have a salad for lunch with lemons squeezed, lettuce, avocado, sometimes spinach, celery, cucumber, and that's for my lunch usually.

Then I'll have more green apples.

Sometimes I'll have cucumbers soaked in lemon - I love the taste. Tastes like pickles.

Due to my candida, I cannot have too much sugars. Are berries okay to eat, and green apples? That's what I read on the "The Candida Diet" online.

1. I want to know if I can make smoothies for a morning snack, or breakfast. Like coconut water, coconut meat and frozen bananas? What do you think of frozen bananas's and what do you think of smoothies, and when is it best? Would the sugar go higher if I have a smoothie every few days?

2. I felt very weak and fatigued today. Maybe it's because I sit inside most of the day working and promoting. That could defenitely be it as well as worrying about the candida. I try to get sun, but it's VERY humid out right now. Today is was 102 degrees here in NY. And I love in the suburbs, and not the city, just so you know.

3. The main thing is that I feel very limited with what I can eat, and would like something filling. Something easy to break down and something that you wouldn't consider a "Raw Gourmet" dish. Smoothies I'd like to make if I could.

4. Dried fruit. Stay away from for a while? What about dried Goji berries? They are very rich in antioxidents, but are they right for my body? Especially on Candida?

5. My salads, should I add more to it to get more leafy greens? How many salads should I have a day? Two or is one big one find? I fill up a whole bowl about 3/4 usually.

6. What is okay to eat. Give me a nice list so I know.

7. What is NOT okay to eat that will feed the Candida?

8. I think the more I worry, the more fatigued I get and feel depressed. I had not come to this board for two weeks and was really doing well, but now I am worried if what I am doing is right.

9. What is better to fight off Candida? Grape Fruit Seed extract or Tea Tree Oil? Are they organic or raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Attn: Bryan
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 19, 2006 02:30AM

I don't know anything about candida, but may I suggest you add green smoothies to your diet? It would be an excellent way to add more greens. You could make a smoothie with green apples - which you seem to like (: - and celery/romaine or something like that.

ps sorry, I'm not bryan, just in case you didn't notice (;

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 19, 2006 01:06PM

OMG,

Grapefruit seed extract is a joke. Ignore it. It's gotten all this hype over the past few years and most of it is lab created. You don't want to put it in your body at all. To kill candida you want something powerful like oil of oregano. I buy mine from bio-alternatives.net.

Here's an excerpt of how powerful oil of oregano truly is:

Oil of Oregano is used as a natural nutritional supplement for the management of acne, allergies, arthritis, asthma, athlete's foot, candida, constipation, croup, digestive disturbances, insect bites, bronchitis, canker sores, colds, flu, earaches, fatigue, gum disease, headaches, menstrual irregularities, muscle pain, parasites, pneumonia, psoriasis, toenail fungus, toothache, seborrhea, staph & strep infection, strep (sore) throat, ringworm, rosacea, sinusitis, and warts.

[www.bio-alternatives.net]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: July 19, 2006 01:15PM

And what can you take Oil of Oregano with? Do you take it on it's own or what? Just curious. It seems like the way to go!

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: July 19, 2006 11:19PM

RawGuy2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what can you take Oil of Oregano with? Do you
> take it on it's own or what? Just curious. It
> seems like the way to go!

Oil of Oregano is strongly burning and I would not recommend it for internal use, from my own experience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables