Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I get it.
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: November 10, 2012 10:24PM

Finally, I think I get it~ It took me a little bit, but I am coming to the true facts and what God created is what I eat.

I am a scientist, therefore, I need evidence and I am good to go.

Also, intuition does help, but I dont believe in it as much as I thought.

I tried some non raw food yesterday, and it happened again.. I was a mess. So, I think that is twice in the past two weeks and I am 100 percent certain that I will never go back to eating meat, regardless of my bloodtype. I am so glad I am ready to keep going and live for today.

Thank you for the support.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I get it.
Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:49AM

To me, the proof is in looking younger! There is no other diet that does that!

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Date: December 01, 2012 10:35PM

Thanks..it is a work in progress for sure. I definitely need to set my mind to it and just not look back. I keep relapsing thoughsad smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 02, 2012 09:54AM

When people go raw they tend to make a complete lifestyle transformation, they eliminate the processed junk foods, problematic food groups such as grains and increase fresh fruits and vegetables. Many tend to eliminate stimulants such as caffeine, cigarettes, drugs and alcohol from diet.

Aswell as increasing exercise, getting more sun(vitamin D) and resting properly. All of these healthy lifestyle factors can be implemented into life without being raw. This is where the majority of the benefits come from a raw diet, not some magic bullet that comes with following an extremely strict and often deficient diet.

All of these factors can be implemented into a healthy lifestyle regardless of diet. Many get instantaneous benefits from going raw but this isn't because of some magic element in raw food, this is usually because of issues such as food allergies or poor digestion. People eliminate common allergens such as gluten and wheat, and feel instantly better and assume it must have been the raw food that cured them.

Mild food allergies and sensitivities are on the rise and can cause many chronic symptoms such as skin problems, bloating, digestive issues and low energy. Most raw food diets completely eliminate the problematic food group of which is grains, many of the same benefits can be had simply by removing grains(if you are intolerant) but by eating a more balanced diet that will actually sustain health long term.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 10:07AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 02, 2012 02:52PM

I think you are doing OK. Be aware that there are many people and many opinions. I see on tv all these cooking shows and shake my head. They are trying to sell garbage as the best thing ever. I think it has toi do with cultural inertia. For example, italian cooking is seen as something to follow by rich people with golden pots and pans. But it is all a show about materialism creating illusions. They end up fat, low energy, sick, and awaiting a trick of science that save their lives. Raw food will wake you up. Raw food is about abandoning all the illusions of modern society.

Date: December 02, 2012 03:09PM

I don't think anyone was recommending anything material in this thread other than abit of healthy balance and realizing where most of the benefits actually logically come from a raw diet.

All the wish wash can be exciting when you come across the raw food theories thinking everything is now down to your new found ability to detox toxins and the magical properties of the raw diet but logically its easy to see why many heal leaky gut or X condition, whether that is due to removal of grains/gluten the same can be achieved with better, safer and healthier dietary balance.

There is no need to go 100% raw to receive the health benefits of fruits and vegetables. You can achieve health with a high intake of fruits and vegetables but balanced with more nutrient dense foods, so that your diet is actually naturally nutritionally complete and your not reliant on consumer supplements such as vitamin B12 and D long term for your health.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 03:21PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 02, 2012 04:45PM

Hey PL. It is about reaching inner satisfaction and peace, which in turn shakes away the notions that you need more and more without end. People keep searching for tricks on strange foods or herbs, which tells me that they are not satisfied and still looking.

Date: December 02, 2012 04:55PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey PL. It is about reaching inner satisfaction
> and peace, which in turn shakes away the notions
> that you need more and more without end. People
> keep searching for tricks on strange foods or
> herbs, which tells me that they are not satisfied
> and still looking.

Hey Panchito,

The same individuals are usually the ones trying to find a diet that they are at peace with, which is very common on these forums. A healthy individual doesn't need to do much other than eat healthy, exercise regularly and minimize stress.

But not everyone has health to start with, so there are times and places for herbs and supplements as you will know. The use of herbs can be the difference for some living lives in severe pain and being able to function.

I still stand by what i say above though, we can get all the health benefits that fruits and vegetables have to offer without the need to follow an extreme and often deficient raw diet. Raw diets still screams purism to me, there is no need for such levels of purism for the majority and it doesn't reap any higher advantage and benefit in most cases.

It becomes a point where every food is considered bad except fruits or vegetables, which is not a healthy mind set in my opinion and ive been there and seen the negative consequences it had on my health.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 05:06PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 02, 2012 05:13PM

What is important is to find something that works for you. Most people realize that the modern diet problems come from eating the wrong things and not because they don't have piece of meat. It is a problem of eating damging cook food full of bad things like for example acrylamide that cause cancer. They can chose to minimize those foods or avoid them all together. It depends on the person and how they resolve the situation. An all raw diet probably will not work for many reasons. One could be that social events revolt around food and people like to fit in. Other could be that a raw food diet in itself is not enough, you have to find what works.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 02, 2012 10:20PM

<<I am a scientist, therefore, I need evidence and I am good to go.
Also, intuition does help, but I dont believe in it as much as I thought.>>

intuition is evidence
if you feel outstanding after you have a series green smoothies
you intuit that this is good for you

a before n after blood test
could confirm what your intuition
came to the conclusion of
first

the greatest scientists were great because they had

1. imagination
2. intuition

without these two ingredients
a scientist should not be in their field

what for?
in order to create a new paradigm
you have to intuit it first
imagination and intuition go hand in hand

otherwise it is just recycling old stuff
and confirming old stuff

tests and analyses
are simply servants of intuition and imagination

servants

not masters

Date: December 02, 2012 11:15PM

Gotcha. I am a scientist as well, however, you brought up some good points about intuition.

I still find it "odd" that my body thrived when I followed the blood type diet for a long time but after 5 years of adhering to it, I think now it lacks empirical support.

However, I still think there is SOME relevance to our genes and diet.

Thoughts?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 03, 2012 12:03PM

michelemm
says:
<<However, I still think there is SOME relevance to our genes and diet.>>

Here is a wikipedia article on blubber, the consumption of it and the two different effects on two different ethnicities ( genes). Come to your own conclusion(s). :

Muktuk (the Inuit/Eskimo word for blubber) formed an important part of the traditional diets of the Inuit and other northernly peoples because of its high energy value. Seal blubber has large amounts of vitamin E, selenium, and other antioxidants, which may reduce the effect of the free radicals formed within the body's cells. Damage caused to cells by free radicals are a theorized contributor to some diseases. Whale blubber, which tastes like arrowroot biscuits, has similar properties.[7] The positive effects of consuming blubber can be seen in Greenland; in Uummannaq for example, a hunting district with 3,000 residents, no deaths due to cardiovascular diseases occurred in the 1970s. However, emigrants to Denmark have contracted the same diseases as the rest of the population. The average 70-year-old Inuit with a traditional diet of whale and seal has arteries as elastic as those of a 20-year-old Danish resident.[8]

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: December 07, 2012 06:22AM

Each person's needs are going to be a bit different, so what works for one person might not work best for another. The closest we can get is a generalization of what tends to make the most people feel vibrant and thriving....the art of listening to your body.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables