Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone here ever have mono?
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 10, 2009 12:01AM

I had mono in 1997, and since then, the swollen lymphnodes in my neck never really went away. (Better, for sure, but still present). Over the years I've asked various doctors who said "it's fine," and the opposite, the doctor finds them and asks me, "did you ever have mono?"

None of my 'web research,' has really told me anything about what's going on...anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone here ever have mono?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:38AM

I had mono in 1985, accompanied by very severe strep throat & other symptoms. A wise old doctor put me on a multi vit/mineral called Super Plenamins, advised plenty of rest & water. I guess if he was really "wise" he would have advised an all raw diet, but at least he wasn't intent on cramming me full of anti-biotics.

I recovered just fine. I do not have the swollen lymph nodes that you mentioned. Do you get plenty of exercise to induce the lymphatic movement?

Date: July 10, 2009 03:29AM

Yup, I get down to the gym and get in at least 30 min of cardio each day before week + yoga class on the weekends.

I'll check out Super Plenamins - thanks for the tip!

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:37AM

adressing ony issues on candidiasis would be worth while since most with chronic fatigue and mono have serious candida. the candida is very taxing on the immune system and it is sapping strength from your struggle with the mono...itskinda like fighting a war on two or more fronts.

anti-biotics would be of no use for mono since it is a virus and antibiotics are only effective against bacteria.

oxygen therapies like hydrogen peroxide and oxy-clor have been know to help. try bathing in a hot bath with 2 or 3 regular sized bottle of hydrogen peroxide poured into the bath every other day. the skin can absorb the oxygen through the pores and oxidize the mono virus.

also it is imperative that your ph be kept neutral during this healing process. get yourself some ph paper and monitor it on a daily basis.

skin brushing after the bath and in the morning is another good way to move the lymphatic fluid. bernard jensen is a good source of info for that method.

detoxing with saunas is another suggestion. adding garlic to your juiices is another anti viral possibility....the herbs golden seal and echinacea... and mitaki mushroom and other mushroom blends are known for their assistance in strenghtening the immune system.

an all purpose vitamin may contribute but i would think that you will need to do a whole lot more than take a vitamin pill.

check out nano silver but be cautious not to overdo it since argeria (greying of the skin) can occur if you overdo it. generally speaking tho....it will take a lot of abuse of the silver to induce argeria ...noetheless it is important for you to know.

silver is a broad spectrum anti viral which bacterias and viruses have not built up resistance to...so it can be a very valuable tool if used wisely.

do lots of juicing.

hope this shines some light.

juicin' john

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 10, 2009 11:18AM

CJJ;

I wanted to follow up on this, I guess I should have elaborated further in my initial post. While the Super Plenamins were benefical to me at the time, I am not really recommending for you to use them. I just mentioned them as the course of treatment that the dr. put me on at the time. At that time, I ate an absolutely horrible diet. I was 19 at the time, and my diet was as bad as anyone could imagine. Skipped meals, totally into junk food;

I could consume a full 2 liter bottle of Mt. Dew in less than a day. Countless snack cakes, pastries, fast food, etc.; It was no wonder I got so sick. If I "knew then what I know now", I would most definantly be doing a raw food diet with plenty of vegetable juices to build the immune system.

At any rate, I wouldn't be using anything in pill form, dr. prescribed or otherwise. Since going all raw, I have thrown out all vitamins/supplements that I had been using. I still have some Barleygreen left, and I may continue to incorporate that into my diet, I am not really sure at this point.

I would probably continue to search the net as you are doing to see if there is any info. on your lymph node situation. Also, are you really sure they are that swollen, or maybe you are just self-conscious of them?

Does anyone else notice them? Just curious; what is your diet? Are you a raw foodist/vegan/juicer, etc.?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 10, 2009 12:40PM

Interesting.
I had mono in '78 at the age of 14.
Several yrs later had a very sore lymph node in my groin.
I was given ethromycen for the lymph.
Nothing for the mono as I recall.
Just bed rest.

Vinny

Date: July 10, 2009 01:50PM

Thanks for the great info!

Does anyone else notice them? Just curious; what is your diet? Are you a raw foodist/vegan/juicer, etc.?

They tend to become visible (puff up) at the slightest hint of a cold or allergy. Regularly, they are present to the touch.

*I'm vegan minus honey
*Usually raw in cycles ((80% raw for a week followed by a crash of "raw all day + cooked dinner" for 2-3 weeks (still looking for a balance so I can be consistently raw)
*Green smoothies religiously every morning
*Eating mostly fruit and greens
*Not much veggie juicing; trouble growing the taste for carroty/cucumberish juices...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:57PM

CJJ,

If you are exercising[clearing the lymph], eating enough greens; hopefully organic, and resting enough, not smoking, drinking, or taking drugs of any kind, your body may just be having a hard time pushing the last little viable viral cells out the door. I am assuming you have had clinical work done to rule out lymphoma, etc.

Another possibility: is it a confirmed mono diagnosis? Are you sure it isn't Lyme, or Epstein Barr or something parasitic or fungal instead? These must be ruled out, although juicin' john's suggestions will work on whatever it is. I encourage the use of true colloidal silver(from a reputable mine), and the high pH baths. I also encourage looking into oral hydrogen peroxide therapy, or Miracle Minerals. In other words, if I were you, I'd keep doing what you are doing, but I would take a natural chemical expellant under a holistic physician's supervision, or at least after doing sufficient research myself. Good luck.

Posted by: MorzAthar ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:58AM

HOLY CRAP. NEVER use hydrogen peroxide if you have had mono. hydrogen peroxide does more damage to the bodies defense against mono than it does against mono. Mono never goes away but the body builds a defense to keep it from affecting you. I found this out the hard way. I had mono when I was about 18 or so. a few years ago I discovered the benefits of hydrogen peroxide "coincidentally" I started getting mono symptoms over and over, and yeah once the symptoms start, its at least a month before they subside again. It took me a long time to figure it out but I stopped even touching hydrogen peroxide (absorbs through the skin) and I haven't had a problem with mono since.

Any time I have ever heard of anyone having repeat or extended mono they have always been users of hydrogen peroxide. Since figuring out my own issues I have actually been looking for someone who has had the problem that hasn't been in contact with hydrogen peroxide. I have found none. (please post if you have repeat mono and NEVER touch hydrogen peroxide) It's not scientific proof but it's convincing enough for me. I'm pretty sure one or two uses of h2o2 isn't going to kill off the bodies entire defense of mono but I really don't feel like experimenting on myself to find my limit. For this reason I don't want to hear that you have had mono and you use hydrogen peroxide and never have repeat of mono. It can be done. I already know that.

I find that tea tree oil (Melaleuca Altifornia) takes care of everything I ever used hydrogen peroxide for. I use it topically. I put a little water in my palm then put some tea tree oil on my finger and then mix my finger around in the water to dilute the oil. I have heard that tea tree oil is anti-fungal anti-bacterial and anti-viral. I'm guilty of having used it too much and the only symptom I get is a tummy ache that feels like stomach alcers. I get it from the oil absorbed through the skin. To solve that I eat 2 altoids (peppermint, always peppermint) and my stomach is fine. All this might sound bad but in my experience its SOOOOO much better than reliving mono over and over because I was using hydrogen peroxide. I would much rather buy a small bottle of tea tree oil and a box of altoids at walmart for just under $10. Yep totally worth it.

Posted by: MorzAthar ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:06AM

Oh almost forgot. If you have ever had mono and you have sores in your mouth or throat and you want to gargle something. Try salt water or listerine. (try salt water first). We are talking about gargling. DO NOT SWALLOW.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables