Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the lymphatic system and aging
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 27, 2012 01:43PM

here is my opportunity to talk about a very important subject in health. jump in!

The lymphatic system is believed to hold the key to youth and rejuvenation. It is the fluid that englobes every cell. Technically, it is call lymphatic fluid when it enters the lymphatic-draining vessels. But for practical purposes, it is the same fluid as prior to enter. It is the universe of all the cells, which amount to 60+ trillions.

Emotions play a big role. When people are under stress, the electrolyte composition of the fluid changes. K is spelled from the cells, changing the chemical equilibrium of the medium (K, Ca, Mg, Na). Also, muscles of the body harden as if to become ready for fight. Many people don't know that the muscles in their faces are all the time contracted due to their interaction with society. When they learn how to let go, they feel uncomfortable with the new face and people stare at them. This 'full-time' muscle contractions (that happen in many parts of the body) create blocks in the lymphatic passages. The blocks are the cause for disease. So, many many disease happen because of fear, negative emotions, responsabilities going sour, etc., which in turn create both a chemical electrolyte change of the fluid and a block of lymph fluid. A block of lymph fluid has many bad effects and it is causes aging or cell deterioration. Just like a flower blooms in good soil, your cells bloom in good lymphatic fluid. The lymph fluid is what changes when you get old, when you get sick, when you feel bad, when you feel good, which in turn make your cells change accordingly. The nervous system is link to this response system. Your interpretations matter. If you chose to see more bad things than good ones, you will age faster. Some people chose to do this (maybe it is their job) in order to make more money and be rewarded by society, but their body will pay the price in the long term. Their chemical balanced will change and blockages will appear. Blockages will 'drain' the energy, as the cells will accumulate a sea of refuse without a means to get rid of it. Their cells will weaken and they will use less O2. Eventually only a few will survived in a pool of residues or junk. Some will mutate in to cancer cells as their only means to live in a universe without O2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the lymphatic system and aging
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2012 03:19PM

Thanks for posting this; my lymphatic system hasn't been working as well as it should this last year, and I know this is partly due to my stress responses.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 28, 2012 09:38AM

Panchito, could you give some source of this information please? Any authors, books or articles?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: December 28, 2012 11:34AM

I am learning myself. Take it as if it was only my opinion. I would be glad if other people would add more info.

This pic shows a lot. you can see the microcirculation, the lymph and how all is put together in terms of delivering oxingen, nutrients, etc:

Some of the path flow of fluid goes like this:

Blood -> interstial fluid (I call it lymph) -> CELLS FEED AND EXPELL JUNK -> Lymphatic draining fluid

Other animals have lymph hearts but humans don't. However, humans have lymphangions, which work as "lymph hearts". They have smooth muscle like the GI track but they are weak.

Hope I'll keep adding stuff smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2012 11:41AM by Panchito.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 28, 2012 11:48AM

With the lymphatic system there is no pump such as with the heart, so to keep it from becoming sluggish we need to move.

Rebounding is very good for the lymphatic system, the up and down motion is good for getting the lymphatic system moving. From what i have read being backed up i.e sluggish bowel motility is a common cause of causing a sluggish lymphatic system due to the amount of crap getting reabsorbed.

I suspect i had a sluggish lymphatic system because i had many symptoms such as ear cysts, vertigo, fluid accumulation and such that responded very well to dry skin brushing and rebounding. Often i could feel the fluid draining under my skin as i rebounded, or my tonsils would get that horrible tickly feeling at the back of the mouth.

So i try to remember to dry skin brush before showering and rebounding is amazing. Its often so cold here that i hate exercising outside in the winter, that i just rebound for 40 minutes instead, much harder workout than a slow jog is. I need to purchase a professional rebounder though, as this reebok one really has little bounce and tightens my leg muscles considerably.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2012 11:50AM by powerlifer.

Date: December 29, 2012 02:00PM

Hey PL. Thanks for your participation.

I can think of the following things that affect the lymphatic system:

diet
current health condition (blood, blocks, etc)
movement (no heart!)
feelings

Each of this categories carry a potential effect.

The diet is what introduces pollutants. A natural plant diet is the safest in terms of avoiding external toxins that "posison" the cells. With the diet, you create the Universe that becomes the extension of the outside world to your inner body fluid. The diet is what ties physically the universe to you. A universe of pollutants create anger and discort towards the outside. And a universe of pure energy (without pollutants) creates harmony within and with the outside. Like a camera that take a picture is what makes the picture, your body is the camera that creates the picture of the world. With an unpolluted body you will see good things easier as you will be more receptive to good things. With a polluted body, you will see more bad things as if your antennas were tuned to distrust and battling a continuous sense of danger. Attitude comes from the inside out (and from the outside in). It is a minifestation of your inner health that speaks in non rational forms as it preceeds your actions.

While the lymphatic system can be mentally divided in to groups. It is all one piece. While the universe can be divided in to groups, it is all one piece.

OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2012 02:10PM by Panchito.

Date: December 30, 2012 02:27PM

Thoughts and feelings. The lymphatic system is also a medium for cell communication. It is the table upon which a domino effect happens. Cellular responses can start from visual images (central nerv system) which in turn create a chemical response that ends in the lymphatic system. Chemical communication is the method by which cells 'talk' together. All living cells receive and transmit chemicals. And each chemical has a meaning. Here is a small vid that shows a little of what goes on.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: December 30, 2012 02:44PM

I do not have a lot of time but will add at this time:

To manually exercise the lymphatic system, one pulls the skin (without sliding over the skin) lightly towards the heart rhythmically, starting closest to the heart, positions retrograde (especially towards the area of any congestion) [lightly stretch skin towards the heart, positions retrograde]. This stimulates the lymphangions (yes, smooth muscle with innervation (nerve supply)) to contract and therefore pump lymph fluid and also stimulate any nearby lymph nodes to do their jobs better (manufacture Tcells, Bcells, break down large molecules of protein into amino acids, fats into fatty acids and other components, move water and excess materials towards the heart, so that they can enter the circulatory system to be circulated to the processing and eliminatory organs (liver, kidneys). Stroking the skin lightly towards the heart also helps move the lymph fluid since the majority of vessels are superficial (towards the surface).

Date: December 31, 2012 01:07PM

thanks!

Movement. Some theories link the movement of our hands (like from picking fruits- opposed thumbs) to the human brain development. And the human brain is considered a result that emerges from our interface with the outside world. In the same way, you can "train" your lymphatic system (the Universe of your cells) to become more healthy. You can get a better lymphatic system and develop a better you. It is funny why people "think" they are the only brain, duh.

If you are in a condition to move freely, physical activity is way to move your lymphatic system and keep it flowing and afresh. The muscles in your body squeeze the fluid and make it go inside the drain vessels. This creates room for new fluid (comes from the blood). Think about a pond. If the pond keeps the same water, and there are living things inside, the pond will rotten over time. Since the lymphatic system is an extension of the circulatory system, cardio work outs work wonders. Over time, physical activity helps keep things clean.

If you don't move much, then massages are also effective. If you live alone, a percussion massager (+$30) will help a lot. Remember, it is not only about the fluid draining inside the lymph vessels. It is also about the fluid that surounds your cells.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2012 01:20PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 31, 2012 02:56PM

This thread is fascinating! Thanks to all for their contributions--long have I thought that sedentariness is as directly linked to Americans' poor health as diet, and what is being posted here seems to bolster this hypothesis.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: December 31, 2012 08:15PM

Much truth in this. Having CF, taught me my lymph was at a stand still. And I looked SO old!

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Date: January 01, 2013 02:04PM

my conclusion. Things are not as separated as the mind can show. There is a continuation of flow between the outside, the inside, pressure, etc. Inside the body, there is movement, flow, and pressure gradients. Things are never static. There is always movement. They are never separate and frozen in time like as a conceptual mind may represent them. What the mind sees is only what the mind can see. Beyond that, there is this Universe of unquantifiable and continuous flow of chemistry and energy paths dificult for us to measure. but that does not mean they do not exists as invisible things to the mind can exists. The gap between what the mind cannot see and what is there is a creative process and it depends on what you want to see and believe. And here comes the most unsientific of all arguments. Faith matters in your health. What you chose to believe matters as your body responds to it accordingly. You can see yourself as a potatoe walking on toothpicks, as a consumer, as middle class person, as what others want you to be, as a projection of the mind (maybe other's people minds), or as a flow of life and energy (the unstatic lymphatic system). You don't need to be one. You can be many at once. What you believe now will take you forward.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables