Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

staying motivated
Posted by: Dee76 ()
Date: January 08, 2013 02:56AM

I have tried going raw before. I stay motivated for 3 days. I always lose 10 lbs in that three days. On the 4th day I go right back to where I was and before I know it, I gain back the 10 lbs. How do I stay motivated? I love the recipes. My daughter loves them, she prefers them. But my hubby and son bring all the junk into the house. Its hard to stay away after 3 days. If I dont buy it, they bring it in bags. Its so depressing. I was a size 8, and now an 18. I also have a serious craving for salt. I have gained about 60 lbs since having my daughter. Aftr my son, i was right back into my size 8s wihin 1 year. I was always told that girls have the opposite effect. Its been 9 yrs. Im so ashamed. I would just like to stick to the raw diet. I enjoy it. But all this junk food! I also noticed that I have less migraines when I eat raw, I dont have as much body pain. I have more energy. I had clear skin. My hair was straight. Tomorrow is my 4th day. To night i already had a peanut butter sandwhich. My digestive system will not be happy tomorrow. How do I stay motivated?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: staying motivated
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 08, 2013 10:16AM

In your case, with all the people sorrounding you with junk, it is harder. Going raw is going away from junk. You have to be extra disciplined and hold your ground like a gladiator. Probably the main trick for you is to eat plenty so that you don't get attracted to junk. Junk is made so that it is addictive. There are many reasons why junk is addictive (cheese, milk, pizza, icecream). addictive food works by releasing dopamine on the brain to get you hooked. People usually get hook because they have problems and food is what makes then feel good

Re: staying motivated
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 08, 2013 03:05PM

Dee,

Please think about why you are doing this. If it's to get as healthy as possible so your kids have their mom, and your husband has his wife, for many decades to come, that is a good reason. If it's to set an example for your family about what IS and ISN'T food, that's a good reason. You may have other reasons than those, but the point is that they should be serious and have more weight to you long-term than the short-term satisfaction of junk food.

It sounds like your family pantry is a disease circus waiting to happen, and if you cannot convince them to not feed themselves that stuff, at least show that you don't wish to treat your body like a landfill by keeping whatever your good reasons are always in mind. Be aware that if you are the only one in the family doing this, you will feel awkward and different, but this will likely pass as your health and outlook improve, and you are more "there" for your kids and husband and self. That last one is the most important person in your life right now, though, so focus on what is best for her. Junk food is full of things that cause drug-like cravings--salt, fat, chemicals--so replace those things with savory raw foods like celery or gourmet entrees, and eat plenty of nuts, avocados and coconut oil. Whenever you deviate, be kind to yourself and promise to do better tomorrow; if you want peanut butter, buy the natural kind at the health foods store and eat it on homemade sprouted grain bread. The trouble that this takes may deter your craving, in time, but even when it doesn't, you will know that you are eating the best possible version of that food and won't feel as "let down" by yourself as you sound in your op. You are not your enemy, Dee. You are trying to do better for yourself and you can take control of what goes in your mouth! Good luck smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables