Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

do you eat clay?
Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: January 25, 2013 12:27AM

I have been reading lately about the detox benefits of eating clay or diatomaceous earth. Do any of you do this? Where do you get it - do you have a favorite brand or supplier? Does it have to be food grade or will my aquarium supply suffice (I'm only half kidding)? Is it a pill or do you mix it into a smoothie or really just sit down to a big ole pile of clay? Please share your experience & opinions. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: do you eat clay?
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 25, 2013 04:57AM

raw_curious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.... Where do you get it - do you have a favorite brand or supplier?

I went through a phase once where I tried all the Clays that could be taken internally. I found that Pascalite (Calcium based Bentonite) had the strongest 'pulling power'. It was good for growing Wheatgrass too......WY
P.S. Pascalite is a small company...can't even order online...must call them. Why don't you try a pound?

[www.pascalite.com]

Date: January 25, 2013 05:26AM

Thanks, WY. I looked at the websight, think I'll order some tomorrow. So I guess i'm supposed to literally eat the dirt? Not trying to be funny... just trying to wrap my head around the concept. Residual traditional western thinking is hard to let go of.

Coincidentally, I recently started growing my own wheatgrass too. Amazing stuff! Nothing feels quite like it. smiling smiley How do you use the clay to grow the grass?

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 25, 2013 01:29PM

raw_curious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.... How do you use the clay to grow the grass?

Just mix a teaspoon, or so, in the water you use......WY

Date: January 25, 2013 02:09PM

thanks WY - I'll give that a try?

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: January 25, 2013 04:49PM

I periodically take zeolite or bentonite or diatomaceous earth ( food grade ). Zeolite is supposed to be the most benefecial. I order them on Amazon. Just do the search, and the most popular brands come up ( there are not too many).
I just mix a table spoon of clay with a glass of water and drink it. I like the taste smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 04:49PM by littlemermaid.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 25, 2013 04:58PM

Clay is apparently a pretty intense detoxing experience. One question I've always asked about things like that, and especially when healthy people take part in them, is whether or not vital nutrients get flushed out with the bad stuff. How does that work? How does any detoxing agent distinguish between what we want to keep and what we don't want ot keep. This is why I advocate a slow, patient detox with a diet of healthy, nutrient dense whole foods plus some herbs.

I keep clay on hand to consume in case of nuclear disaster. I'll also put it on my face when I feel like it.

Date: January 25, 2013 09:26PM

thanks for the info, littlemermaid. glad to know it gets mixed with water.

HH, I was thinking of using small amounts of DE or clay daily to combat daily exposure to environmental toxins & radiation that I can't eliminate. But you raise an excellent point, I don't know how the clay scrubs out bad toxins and leaves nutrients. I read something about DE particles being negatively charged and heavy metals are positively charged so it acts like a magnet. But I imagine that heavy metals don't just lay around in the intestines for years waiting for a big chunk of clay to pass by. So I'm still trying to understand how DE detoxes the whole body if it doesn't get absorbed into the blood stream. Still researching...

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: January 25, 2013 09:48PM

Date: January 25, 2013 10:30PM

Oooo. Thanks veganjuice. that'll keep me busy for a while winking smiley

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 26, 2013 01:51AM

I have never liked the idea of taking this stuff, just dosent seem righ to me. I don't know much about it this is just how I feel. I have heard that it can get stuck inside you! I have never heard Brian Clement talk about it. Drink lots of Distilled Water instead.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: January 28, 2013 12:50AM

I take the "listen to your body" approach. For me personally, eating clay just doesn't seem like a good idea!

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables