Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can I go from high fat to 811 straightaway?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: January 31, 2013 03:01AM

I've been eating lots of fat lately and want to go back to eating lots of fruit (high carb). Can I do this immediately or should I transition slowly? I would think that my bloodstream is clogged with fat right now... how soon does this leave the blood? Would a 1-day water fast help ease the transition? I want to start drinking large fruit smoothies again but don't want any nasty effects because of the high fat diet I've been on for the past few months. So right now I feel stuck. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I go from high fat to 811 straightaway?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 31, 2013 10:02AM

A one day fast sure would help. It is not fat in the blood only. It is said that it takes two days for the body to go through the fat. But maybe more since the fat may end up in the interstial fluid (sorrounds the cell). Or you could start low calorie for like two days. It may take your body a long time (like 6 months and up) to adjust to the new diet. During that timea lot of doubts or fear from other people may affect your 'conversion'

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: January 31, 2013 05:34PM

Wow.... 6 months?!

I ate HCRV for nearly all of last year until mid December. I've only been eating a lot of fat for just over one month. So much nut butter lol.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 31, 2013 06:00PM

So you were HCRV for almost an entire year. This resulted in excessive binging on fat. Now that you've binged on fat, you want to take on a nearly fat-free diet. Have you ever considered creating a balanced diet and sticking with it? It's pretty clear that HCRV leads you back into the arms of over-eating fats and vice-versa.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 31, 2013 06:23PM

6 month is nothing. Remember is 6+ (plus) months. There are huge changes in the body, glands, etc.

I remember I could not mix some fruits (like melons). But now I can eat anything fruit without any problems. Thats just the eating part. There are changes to the glands, which made other glands change, etc. It make take like 2 years. The body changes but the mind part may not change as much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 06:25PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables