Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ashton Kutcher adopts fruitarian diet for movie role
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 28, 2013 07:36PM

[thestir.cafemom.com]

When I think of method actors, I think of people like Daniel Day-Lewis, Christian Bale, Al Pacino, and Sacha Baron Cohen. (I also think how annoying it must be to be married to these people when they're in the middle of a movie project. Christian Bale, huskily: "A hero can be anyone." Wife: "Jesus, honey, you emptied the dishwasher. Big whoop."winking smiley One person I do NOT think of is Ashton Kutcher, but he apparently went above and beyond the call of duty recently to become Steve Jobs while filming the biopic jOBS.

Well, above and beyond in the sense that he adopted Steve Jobs' famed fruitarian diet for a while, in an attempt to get into character. Instead, he got himself a hospital stay.

In order to seamlessly embody the character of Steve Jobs, Kutcher watched "hundreds of hours of footage," listened to Jobs' past speeches, and interviewed several of his friends. He also went on Jobs' fruits-only diet before filming began, but the results of that last effort apparently felt a little too close for comfort:

… the fruitarian diet can lead to like severe issues. I ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie. I was like doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was completely terrifying, considering everything.

Right, considering Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer in 2011. Ashton Kutcher practically endured the exact same fate, you guys. I'm sure it was really serious and scary and not at all related to fruit-triggered Super @#$%&.

Anyway, whether Ashton Kutcher was experiencing gastrointestinal distress or an actual medical emergency while slipping ghostlike into the character of Steve Jobs, the Fruit Story makes a great marketing gimmick for the movie. He was sure to mention the hospital stay when the biopic premiered Friday night at the Sundance Film Festival, and added that the role worked perfectly with his off-screen interests too:

What was nice was when I was preparing for the character, I could still work on product development for technology companies, and I would sort of stay in character, in the mode of the character.

Boy, that must have been absolutely delightful for everyone who worked with him during that time. A douchey overpaid actor pretending that he's one of the greatest technology pioneers the world has ever known while "working on product development." In fact, I'm starting to have a theory about his dietary issues …

Kutcher: "God, my stomach kind of hurts."
Technology company: "Oh no! And we were just enjoying your priceless input so very much! Here, have another fruit basket."

Are you looking forward to seeing Ashton Kutcher in jOBS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ashton Kutcher adopts fruitarian diet for movie role
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:11AM

hope he is ok now. Maybe he got something positive out the experience. It is hard to switch completetly at first and if you eat only fruit you have to be careful. For example, if you keep the treats (icecream, etc) then that will probably contain fats, which in turn will prevent the sugar from reaching the inside of the cells, which in turn will cause high blood sugar. Ending up in a hospital is not good and probably people there will not know about the fat-high sugar level relation. They think that if you have too much sugar in the blood the problem is the sugar but it is the fat that blocks the sugar.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 29, 2013 04:07PM

I hope he's okay too. I don't get the unrestrained bitterness and hatred directed toward him. He's a pretty boy. That's his role. Why slam him because he's not something else? Also, if he's so stupid, why is he so rich and famous? Woud he be smarter if he were like the author, i.e. an obscure, angry housewife with an internet connection? I doubt it. It would be nice if people brought in nicer content to this forum. A neutral article on this probably would have sufficed. Just my two cents.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 29, 2013 04:22PM

Eh, he's not known for smarts, and his being famous and wealthy did not necessarily proceed from his having brains; Exhibit A: anyone featured on TMZ. So Kutcher prolly just rushed into this diet without any guidance, and suffered what sounds like gastric upset. Not, as his interviews elsewhere seem to suggest, a life-or-death struggle for the health of his pancreas, LOL. Alas, this will boost the apparent validity of anti-fruitarian or general anti-veg arguments. Such as they are.

Ashton Kutcher appears to have recovered, and it remains to be seen whether this brief foray down the trail Jobs took first gave him a greater understanding of the person he portrays in the film.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 29, 2013 05:22PM

Tam, he played an airhead on a tv show, which is why he's not "known for smarts." Doesn't make him a himbo in real life, now does it? And TMZ is a celeb news outlet. How is it his fault that he was featured on it?

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 29, 2013 08:47PM

Probably just hardcore detox

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 30, 2013 12:36AM

Wow an Ashton Kutcher hater! I don't think this kid is stupid at all, though I don't follow what he is doing or has done. Obviously not that much common sense if trying a diet like that?

Date: January 30, 2013 12:58AM

Pretty faces are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. You have to have a lot of smarts to get singled out for the brass ring in that jungle. I'd say that anyone who wins at that game is exceptionally smart. The guy went from being a complete nobody in Iowa to living a dream life. Definitely not an idiot. Even if he isn't bright, wtf is the point of an article which brings that up? As someone said in the comments, and I paraphrase: This doesn't sound like the work of a professional journalist so much as it sounds like the ramblings of a jilted ex-lover.

Jumping in to eating nothing but fruit will lead to problems. He is definitely not a raw foods noob. How long did he shack up with Demi Moore? I'm sure he was exposed to a thing or two about raw through her, but straight fruitarianism is an entirely different deal.

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eh, he's not known for smarts, and his being
> famous and wealthy did not necessarily proceed
> from his having brains; Exhibit A: anyone featured
> on TMZ. So Kutcher prolly just rushed into this
> diet without any guidance, and suffered what
> sounds like gastric upset. Not, as his interviews
> elsewhere seem to suggest, a life-or-death
> struggle for the health of his pancreas, LOL.
> Alas, this will boost the apparent validity of
> anti-fruitarian or general anti-veg arguments.
> Such as they are.
>
> Ashton Kutcher appears to have recovered, and it
> remains to be seen whether this brief foray down
> the trail Jobs took first gave him a greater
> understanding of the person he portrays in the
> film.

Date: January 30, 2013 12:59AM

Exactly.

banana who Wrote:
> Tam, he played an airhead on a tv show, which is
> why he's not "known for smarts." Doesn't make him
> a himbo in real life, now does it? And TMZ is a
> celeb news outlet. How is it his fault that he was
> featured on it?

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 30, 2013 01:04AM

I get the feeling he is very smart but this dosent mean he has good common sense. I know alot of people who are brilliant but they are not very smart, if you know what I mean lol. I like him, he has good energy as far as I can tell, good guy.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 30, 2013 01:57AM

Did any of you see "The Pirates of Silicon Valley"?

This was a movie with Noah Wyle playing Steve Jobs and Anthony Michael Hall playing Bill Gates. I think Wyle is a better choice for playing Jobs than Kutcher, though "Pirates" wasn't that great of a movie. "Pirates" ended with Jobs' return to Apple. I would love to see Wyle play an older Jobs, portraying his life during his 2nd round at Apple.

Date: January 30, 2013 03:47AM

They're definitely flattering Jobs in the looks department by having Kutcher play him. I agree that Wyle makes more sense. I'll have to check that out. Who does Anthony Michael Hall play? Gates? Yes it was Gates. Just looked it up.

Should also add that Hollywood has given raw a ton of good press over the years. Woody Harrelson alone has done a lot to bring it to the mainstream.

Date: January 30, 2013 07:47PM

I thought so...From Wikipedia:

<<<Kutcher enrolled at the University of Iowa in August 1996, where his planned major was biochemical engineering, motivated by the desire to find a cure for his brother's heart ailment>>>>

Biochemical engineering as a major? Sounds pretty smart to me! And reminds me of Cindy Crawford. I think lots of people were surprised to learn that she majored in chemical engineering at Northern Illinois University.

But I am so tired of the snobbishness regarding a person's intelligence. Who cares how bright someone is? It doesn't make a person a good person. It's something a person is born with--just like looks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2013 07:59PM by banana who.

Date: January 31, 2013 02:49AM

Also saw on his wiki page that he's a student of Kabbalah. That is not easy stuff. Natalie Portman claims that he has taught her more about Judaism than anyone else. Impressive when you consider that she's Jewish and he was raised Catholic.

banana who Wrote:
> I thought so...From Wikipedia:
>
> <<>>>
>
> Biochemical engineering as a major? Sounds pretty
> smart to me! And reminds me of Cindy Crawford. I
> think lots of people were surprised to learn that
> she majored in chemical engineering at Northern
> Illinois University.
>
> But I am so tired of the snobbishness regarding a
> person's intelligence. Who cares how bright
> someone is? It doesn't make a person a good
> person. It's something a person is born with--just
> like looks.

Posted by: NGU ()
Date: January 31, 2013 04:37AM

Kutcher's lying. It wasn't the diet. He was mauled by a Cougar.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 01, 2013 01:22AM

I really was upset by the HINT that this is what caused Steve Jobs pancreatic cancer...as well as what caused Ashtons pancreas to fail..ok

Date: February 01, 2013 03:38AM

Don't pay any attention to me. I'm just a fool who saves his negative emotions for things that actually matter (which are few and far between by the way).

Date: February 01, 2013 02:05PM

cancer may take like 20+ years to grow. That is, the cancer could have started in 1990 or before. Diet alone is not everything.

how many people are in the hospital or dead for cancer due to their diet, and nobody says anything of their diet? It would be like a 1 (fruitarian) to 10 million (non fruitarian) diet cancer induced rate. So who ever says that fruit gives cancer is .... (add your own word)

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 01, 2013 05:27PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> I really was upset by the HINT that this is what
> caused Steve Jobs pancreatic cancer...as well as
> what caused Ashtons pancreas to fail..ok

I was also upset by this. I would say, it was Job's alternative lifestyle that allowed him to continue so long in sick body, which was obviously never healed in the first place.

Date: February 01, 2013 05:56PM

NGU Wrote:
> Kutcher's lying. It wasn't the diet. He was mauled
> by a Cougar.

I really LOLd! Ouch! Grrrrr!!!

Date: February 01, 2013 05:58PM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
> coconutcream Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I really was upset by the HINT that this is
> what
> > caused Steve Jobs pancreatic cancer...as well
> as
> > what caused Ashtons pancreas to fail..ok
>
>
> I was also upset by this. I would say, it was
> Job's alternative lifestyle that allowed him to
> continue so long in sick body, which was obviously
> never healed in the first place.

'Alternative lifestyle?' Please elaborate.

Date: February 01, 2013 06:19PM

Check out this article about Steve Jobs' cancer by Dr John McDougall: Why Did Steve Jobs Die?.

Date: February 02, 2013 01:27AM

Below is a quote from Durianrider:

--------------

People ask me why the 'fruitarian diet almost killed Ashton Kutcher after only 48 hours..'. It MUST have been the organic fruits and veg he was eating fo sure. DEFINITELY 1000% THE ORGANIC FRUITS AND VEGETABLES!
—durianrider

Date: February 03, 2013 02:41PM

here is a vid

[www.youtube.com]

the hospital should have checked the brain levels as well winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2013 02:41PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables