Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Genetics
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: February 08, 2013 06:56PM

Has anyone researched the roles of genetics in diet and health? I wonder if some people do well on specific diets based on their genes and bloodtypes, but more about their ancestry.

Any thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Genetics
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: February 10, 2013 10:45PM

I am sure there is something to it. HHI is now trying to prove that cancer is not genetic at all from what I gather, don't quote me on that. Somw studies do point to this to be true.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: February 11, 2013 11:02PM

I agree. I do think genetics can make us have a predisposition to metabolizing certain foods.

I think that is why I am baffled by the blood type diet. It is not for the general population, you know?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 23, 2013 05:06PM

People are used to make genetic thoughts about many things thinking that it is something fixed. I believe that genetics is not something fixed. Cellular genetics change. A diet is been proven to at least change the mitocondrial genetics to go either way towards more or less efficiency. And I assume it is about much more. Your cells have a short life span compared to your total body life. during their life, they can change and reborn many times. This also applies to specialized glandular cells, which have the deepest impact. The ideas you make now, may not apply to a later you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables