Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

For women and severe menstual cramps...
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 26, 2013 02:50AM

I wanted to share with you women that are having severe menstrual cramps that I discovered a possible cure today, accidentally. I was having another doozy of a period with terrible pain wherein I couldn't stand comfortably or sit comfortably due to intense cramps and pain. Since I've become modified raw vegan (I eat some cooked vegan and I eat honey.), I don't take an pain medication, including aspirin, ibruprofen, etc. I would have to just endure the pain as best as I could using energy pendants, and they didn't help that much. I was really grateful today that I had the day off to fix my car. I started my period yesterday and the first 1-3 days are usually the worst. Fortunately, with modified raw vegan, gluten-free, my periods have gotten shorter for which I'm really grateful.

Today, I did my grocery shopping because I was in too much pain on Sunday and I wanted to wait until I got my car repair bill. I was super exhausted which meant my Anemia was showing its symptoms. I took three Iron tablets while at the car repair shop before going grocery shopping. After getting my car repaired, I wanted to get some Young Coconuts at the Asian market because they are cheaper there. The coconut water helps with the Anemia/fatigue. I also wanted to get some Korean seaweed because seaweed is healthy. I only found one partially shriveled young coconut but I took it as it didn't muscle test too badly and I was desperate. I also found the Korean Roasted Seaweed (without Canola oil and without tea extract). I thought to buy some regular seaweed, too. It's called Dashi Kombu. Both muscle tested strong.

I went by the library to pick up some light reading as I knew I would spend the rest of the day in bed in agony, which is a luxury compared to having to be working on the job sitting all day in agony. I ate 3 packets of Korean Seaweed and took a bit of the Dashi Kombu, too. I went and laid down to take pressure off my back (I have alignment issues, too.) and nurse my cramps. I lay about two and half hours and when I got up, I realized I had absolutely no period pain! I was astonished! I then did a search on the internet on iodine (found in seaweed) + periods. I found lots of sites linking Iodine to relieving menstrual cramps and Endometriosis. Amazing! Who knew I should've been eating Iodine all along and that was what was causing my severe double-over in pain cramps!

I do have to state that I recently discovered that I had Celiac's Disease so I eliminated Gluten from my diet. I also have low thyroid for which I was boosting. The thing I wasn't doing was supplementing with Iodine in my diet.

For those women who suffer severe menstrual cramps, endometriosis, or low thyroid, consider supplementing with Iodine or eating seaweed. It truly a blessing!

Here is a link that talks about it. [www.topix.com]

Hope that helps! Therese

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables