Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

signs
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: March 14, 2013 08:18PM

so, my question is how does one stick to raw even if they are feeling ill at first? and.. how long till someone starts to feel better?

I started eating cooked foods again, but I see that I am not feeling the same. Not alot, really.

Maybe if I get rid of my george foreman, cookware then, I wont be tempted to cook anything?

Also, I think living in cold temp makes it hard to be raw, but not sure if anyone else deals with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: signs
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 15, 2013 05:32PM

My detox symptoms lasted about three days and I allowed myself plenty of rest/sleep. I also had an emotional detox for about a month where i randomly cried (not typical of me, lol). Accept yourself. Live in the present. Love yourself. winking smiley It will be okay.

If you get rid of your George Foreman, you might just go get frozen prepared meals or order in Chinese takeout, for example. If you are ready to be raw, you will be it. Regardless of the items around you. I have been raw for almost 5 years whilest cooking food for others and having every baking implement and cooking implement available to me feet away. It was because i wanted to be raw and could appreciate how good i felt without cooked food. maybe you will come to that point; maybe not. It will be okay. Try to be at least 75% raw.

I live in a northern climate as well and find my body temperature is more regulated on a high-fruit, lower fat diet and with regular exercise. smiling smiley

Re: signs
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: March 15, 2013 05:50PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My detox symptoms lasted about three days and I
> allowed myself plenty of rest/sleep. I also had
> an emotional detox for about a month where i
> randomly cried (not typical of me, lol). Accept
> yourself. Live in the present. Love yourself.
> winking smiley It will be okay.
>
> If you get rid of your George Foreman, you might
> just go get frozen prepared meals or order in
> Chinese takeout, for example. If you are ready to
> be raw, you will be it. Regardless of the items
> around you. I have been raw for almost 5 years
> whilest cooking food for others and having every
> baking implement and cooking implement available
> to me feet away. It was because i wanted to be
> raw and could appreciate how good i felt without
> cooked food. maybe you will come to that point;
> maybe not. It will be okay. Try to be at least
> 75% raw.
>
> I live in a northern climate as well and find my
> body temperature is more regulated on a
> high-fruit, lower fat diet and with regular
> exercise. smiling smiley

Thanks so much. yes, I think that regardless of what is around me, I can do it if I want to. My issue is that I get bloated and irritable in the initial stages of going raw. However, like you said, be kind to myself and just take it easy. I dont have to be perfect! ugh..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables