Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

low carb diets cause of premature death
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 19, 2013 01:35PM

[www.news.com.au]

"CUTTING carbohydrates to lose weight could increase your chance of dying by 30 per cent.

Research reviewing the effect of low carbohydrate diets in 18 long-term studies has found they increase the chance of premature death.

University of Canberra nutritionist Professor Peter Williams will outline the risks of low-carbohydrate eating at a symposium in Sydney today.

"In the short term , a year or so, there are some advantages from a low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet," he says.

But he said a recently published study of the long-term effect of these diets found you were 30 per cent more likely to die on a low-carbohydrate diet."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: low carb diets cause of premature death
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 19, 2013 01:56PM

Low carb diets in my opinion tend to be only helpful for those suffering from the metabolic consequences of too much carbs/sugar, those with insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome x etc.

Carbohydrate intake should be kept in relation to ones current metabolic health and activity levels. If you are very active you will need more carbohydrates than someone who is sedentary, and someone who is sedentary eating a high sugar diet is likely to develop the metabolic problems mentioned above quicker. If you are adrenal fatigued, have problems with hypoglycemia and are sedentary for e.g then you might do better on slightly less carbs and more protein than average, to balance blood sugar levels.

For the average individual i don't feel low carb diets are healthy. I also don't feel high sugar or carbohydrate diets are healthy though, we know from lots of research the consequences of high sugar diets. Moderate intake as always works for most and like i say kept in relation to how active you are and your current metabolic health.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 01:57PM by powerlifer.

Re: low carb diets cause of premature death
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 19, 2013 02:35PM

all carbs are sugars. long chained carbs are no food for the cells. it depends on how clean is the system in order to move the sugars from the blood to the cells. carbs are the energy of the sun chemically transformed by photosynthesis. no Sun > no carbs > no life. the body was made to run on Solar fuel smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 02:46PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables