Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Mom's diagnosis
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 21, 2013 01:40AM

My Mom went to a heart doctor yesterday.

Found out that she has an enlarged heart, however, he informed her that this is not life threatening, however, would explain her dizziness and shortness of breath over the past year or so.

She has also had high cholesterol for many years.

He put her on 2 medications. 1 for the High Cholesterol (for which she has tried to diet herself away from having to do) and a Blood Pressure medication for the heart problem. I tried to get her to go on Red Rice Yeast several yrs ago which she doesn't remember.

She said that she avoided calling me yesterday because she knew I'd be very unhappy about her going the pharmaceutical drug route. I told her that this is only true because I love her and have read sooo much evidence against pharmas.

She says that she is just so listless and has been for so long that she just simply does not have the energy necessary to do the research, etc. to learn about what she could be doing much differently and more successfully.

I told her that I do understand where she is at and asked that she make a consideration on my behalf. And that is that once she IS feeling some better that she will take the time to read and learn and then make nutritional changes.

Anyhow, I know that I cannot change her, but I love her and would love to give her a place to start for when she IS ready to look into a different route (IF, in fact, she ever is). She has always been a person who takes a pill for whatever ales her. She is a very lovely woman but, as I once was, is just misled.

Any advice on a good book or website that would be a good starting point for her??

Though my heart is grieved, I look forward to the possibility that one day she will start to educate herself.

Thanks guys,

Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Mom's diagnosis
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 21, 2013 09:11AM

Sorry to hear that.

For the heart, the number one thing I would recommend no matter what is Magnesium oil everyday on the skin

this is what I use (last ~ 5 years)

[www.amazon.com]

this is the book about why:

[www.amazon.com]

Older people are also low in CoQ10

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables