Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

exercise
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: March 21, 2013 03:34AM

So, I am wondering if others here do intense exercise.. like running, aerobics? yoga?

Some of my friends are telling me that exercise is not a necessity especially if I am not eating alot of food. I seem to not want to workout as much when I cut back and stick to the raw plan.

Tonight I did 3 classes at the gym, but I feel like it set me up for a binge. I am not sure if working out is as great as I thought.

anyone else have input?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: exercise
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 21, 2013 09:15AM

intense exercise stimulates HGH. You need exercise (stimulation), plenty of sleep (to create the hormone), and _good_ nutritition. Eat abundant green salads.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 21, 2013 01:47PM

If I did three classes at the gym (not sure what they were and their intensity), I'd have a snack in between each one and eat a large meal after. You have stated before that your meals/snacks are very small and low in calories because you can't eat very much at one time. Then I would recommend working out less. You can't have energy to work out without putting the energy in, preferably simple carbs (sweet fruit).

I do intense workouts - circuit training, hour-long runs, power yoga, heavy lifting, biking, stepping with intervals.

Date: March 21, 2013 07:01PM

what about dried fruit and nuts? I am going to start the Rainbow Diet this week.. at least phase 1.

I hope this gets easier, today I feel horrible from eating too much sugar. I am a mess.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 21, 2013 08:02PM

Just looked at the diet online.

Looks like a starvation type diet. Why?? I'm concerned for you Michelle.

Be careful friend.

Mindy

Date: March 22, 2013 02:08AM

you think the rainbow diet is starvation or the bloodtype diet? Geez, I am so confused.. I emailed you.

I wish someone would just tell me why I feel the need to have to eat according to my bloodtype. I think when I am raw, I feel best!!! However, I must be lacking something for me to keep wanting the fat or protein.

Does this get easier? I hope so! I am not giving up.

Date: March 22, 2013 06:11AM

The Rainbow Diet is what I was referring to.

It is entirely possible that the Rainbow Diet that I found is not the same on that you are talking about. Guess I should have asked. Sorry bout that.

Here is the one that I found: [anabootcamp.weebly.com]

Rainbow Diet
Monday (white):
Breakfast: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
Lunch: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
Dinner: 1 cucumber (24 cals)
Total: 105 cals

Tuesday (yellow):
Breakfast: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
Lunch: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
Dinner: ½ cup corn (66 cals)
Total: 283 cals

Wednesday (fast):

Thursday (orange):
Breakfast: ½ orange (31 cals)
Lunch: ½ orange (31 cals)
Dinner: 1 carrot (26 cals)
Total: 88 cals

Friday (red):
Breakfast: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
Lunch: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
Dinner: ½ red pepper (16 cals)
Total: 59 cals

Saturday (purple/blue):
Breakfast: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
Lunch: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
Dinner: 10 raspberries (24 cals)
Total: 40 cals

Sunday (green):
Breakfast: ½ cup grapes (57 cals)
Lunch: ½ grapes (57 cals)
Dinner: 1 cup lettuce (7 cals)
Total: 121 cals

Week total: 696 cals

Mindy

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 22, 2013 08:51AM

If a person does not eat enough calories then calory dense foods (high fat or high protein) look very attractive. people have problems with sugars because of both the intracellular fat and the extracellular fat blocking or preventing the absorption of the sugar. Thus, in order to feel good eating sugar you will probably have to abandoned the fat foods temporarily. It is well known know that the fat accumulation and the sugar malabsorption is the cause of dabetes type II.

a lack of chromiun can affect the sugar metabolism too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2013 09:03AM by Panchito.

Date: March 22, 2013 04:49PM

ok

The rainbow diet is not the same one. Gabriel Cousens recommends way more veggies versus fruit in phase 1.

I seem to gain weight and feel sluggish with alot of fruit. However, I do think I need to be patient and go slowly.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: March 24, 2013 09:22PM

michelemm, I feel that people that have hunger issues or just some general poor health and energy issues should not be eating fruit until you have confirmed you do not have a fungal infection! Get your energy from protein, fat and vege. based carbs. Exercise is good in moderation and to know your limit and to remember that you will need some quality fuel after so you don't sugar binge. You have poor digestine and assimilation! I am sure I have suggested this before it's up to you to see this.

Date: March 25, 2013 03:48PM

rzman,

How do you find out if you DO, in fact, have a fungal infection??

Then, if you do find this out, how should you eat?

And then....how long for before introducing fruit?

Thanks!

Mindy

Date: March 25, 2013 07:47PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> michelemm, I feel that people that have hunger
> issues or just some general poor health and energy
> issues should not be eating fruit until you have
> confirmed you do not have a fungal infection! Get
> your energy from protein, fat and vege. based
> carbs. Exercise is good in moderation and to know
> your limit and to remember that you will need some
> quality fuel after so you don't sugar binge. You
> have poor digestine and assimilation! I am sure I
> have suggested this before it's up to you to see
> this.

I know.... you are right. I am trying. This is a rough transition and time period, but I really believe raw is for me. Lots of greens... I need to get back on track. I will buy some nuts to soak this evening. Broccoli, radishes, asparagus, kale, need to focus on what I can digest.

Sugar binges are awful. I had one yesterday. I felt so sick last night.

Date: March 25, 2013 08:44PM

I know about the sugar binges. I'm with ya.

I can't wait for the day when those things no longer appeal to me or perhaps better said, I can't wait for the day when I am no longer addicted. ha!

One Day at a time, thankfully!

Mindy

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: March 26, 2013 01:13AM

mindy66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rzman,
>
> How do you find out if you DO, in fact, have a
> fungal infection??
>
> Then, if you do find this out, how should you
> eat?
>
> And then....how long for before introducing
> fruit?
>
> Thanks!

Boy I wish I could help, imo it's all about realizing you have an infection and I could go on for a long time about it. The ultimate test is a Live Blood Analysis this will not only comfirm but it will allow you to personally SEE! the infection in your blood stream. If you are able to do this the technition will put your blood on a glass slide and under a microscope viewer to project onto a monitor! Once you see this in your blood it will be a revelation. You might even see parasites. You can also see, clearly what exactly your blood cells look like, red and white. If you are in bad health you will see the blood cells all stuck together or without the proper minerals surrounding them, it is quite amazing. You can do a spit test which you can find online. I have no experience with this but it does work for me. I have a nutritionalist friend that swears by it. You can get books also if you need about yeast infections. Brian Clement says it takes a long time to get rid of fungal infections, about a year, because imo the body needs to do alot of healing to be able to keep the infection at bay. The trouble is, if you have had one for a long time then it has done damage to the immune system and that will take time to rebuild. Some of us are born with this type of infection and never know it.

If you have a strong plan and stick to it you might be able to achieve it in six months but might take up to a year or more depending on how old you are and many other factors. A HEALTHY! happy lifestyle with lots of sunshine and exercise will be really good for this. Simple stuff but exercising speeds healing by x8. The biggest issue imo is hunger if you can combat this then you are on your way. Remember just how hardy fungus is! It takes some nasty herbs or fungal medications to wipe it out. The idea though imo is not to try to wipe it out with powerful herbs but to strengthen the immune system. The powerful herbs and such could weaken you even further if you are in a poor state, I would not take that chance.

Digestive stimulators are great! Juices are great as is lots of oxygen. Deep breathing etc. etc. You can ask more questions if you like but there is such a wide variety of stuff you can do. It all comes back to the immune system though and to remember that we have assaulted are bodies with yeast every day for most of our lives, beer, bread and all kinds of junk food. It's a wonder to me that all people don't have fungal infections.

Try to find inexpensive ways to improve your immune system that will be fun to incorporate into your life. I like mountain biking, the beach, walking, rebounders etc. I believe in priority lists, motly because most of us cannot afford some of the stuff we would like. I like Primal Defense probiotic and chlorella as my top two. Chlorella will help with hunger and the primal defense is imo the best probiotic available. Chlorella is also GREAT! nutrition, protein etc. I also like RM-10 by Garden of Life just start out slow to save money and not tax your body to much. Then if you want to keep doing immune stimulators switch them around. Okay hope that was not too disorganized but I am having my own health issues so it's hard to be super clear sometimes. Louise Hays's book also has some good emotional advice when it comes to health concerns. See ya

Date: March 26, 2013 04:56PM

I meant to send you a pm and I sent it to rawnut!

thanks for the advice and information. I love Louise Hayes.

I wish I was in CA where i belong!!! However, I am in cold WI and nto much sunshine.

Trying to focus on the beautiful things I have in my life, count my blessings and strive to help the community.

I have read information on just eating alot of fruit and dates for my detox. However, I did this one day and thought I was going to DIEsmiling smiley not really, but I am still trying to find the balance on eating greens and fruit.

I slept 12 hours last night, I must have needed it.

Chlorella.... I will get some powder or tablets.

Breathing definitely helps.

I really would like to shed about 10 lbs.. not because I am fat but because I know my body doesnt need this extra weight. Is it possible?? Who knows. I want to give it my best shot though.

I need to thank everyone for the support, I am slowly moving forward, and yes it is a process. I just wish I could eat the fruit like everyone recommends.sad smiley Maybe someday soon.

Peace and love to my friends!

M

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables