Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

lawsuit: spring water bottles full of municipal pipe water
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 02, 2013 01:42PM

[www.usatoday.com]

"The water's source wasn't disclosed in advertising, they allege in a consumer lawsuit that has landed Nestle Waters North America — the USA's top bottled water supplier and a subsidiary of Switzerland-based nutrition and health giant Nestlé — in legal hot water.

"Nestle Waters' failure to disclose this critical fact caused consumers to purchase five-gallon jugs that they wouldn't have otherwise purchased ... and caused consumers to pay more" than the pennies per gallon that tap water costs, alleged a Chicago Faucet consumer complaint filed Oct. 10 in Illinois federal court.

The case echoes allegations in a previous case against Nestlé Waters, which sells Ice Mountain and other popular U.S. bottled water brands, including Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Deer Park, Ozarka, Calistoga, Zephyrhills and Nestle Pure Life."

"Nestle Waters has moved to dismiss the lawsuit, in part by arguing that FDA regulations for bottled water supersede state consumer laws."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lawsuit: spring water bottles full of municipal pipe water
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 02, 2013 04:47PM

People are so gullible...I think this is not a new story, though. I read about Ice Mountain in the Reader a few years ago.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2013 05:50PM

I've heard of this a lot. Best option is to filter or purify your own tap water. And since our bodies are mostly water, and so reliant on a good source of it, it makes sense to put the best possible water into our bodies.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: April 02, 2013 07:19PM

ohmybuddha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard of this a lot. Best option is to
> filter or purify your own tap water. And since
> our bodies are mostly water, and so reliant on a
> good source of it, it makes sense to put the best
> possible water into our bodies.

That' what they are doing, filtering tap water and calling it "Spring Water" Filtering your own tap water is not the best thing you can do for yourself imo. Unless you have high dollar filter you still get some very bad stuff in water. This is why we should purchase distillers.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:12PM

Distiller, filter, purifier. I guess whatever works at filtering out the junk that shouldn't be there. My point was I'd rather do that than spend money continuously and forever on bottled water which may or may not be what it says it is. Buyer beware, I suppose.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 03, 2013 06:07PM

ohmybuddha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Distiller, filter, purifier. I guess whatever
> works at filtering out the junk that shouldn't be
> there. My point was I'd rather do that than spend
> money continuously and forever on bottled water
> which may or may not be what it says it is. Buyer
> beware, I suppose.

Um...I clicked on your link and got a lovely recipe for ground beef salad eye rolling smiley

Date: April 04, 2013 01:56AM

But didn't you see all the nice raw veggies underneath the beef?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2013 01:59AM by ohmybuddha.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 04, 2013 02:41AM

ohmybuddha, putting a link into your signature that offers cooked meat at best can be viewed as SPAM, and at worst is an insult to the vegans on this website. I've shutdown your login as you have not respected the forum policy of making your posts vegan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables