Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Message to Raw Food Leaders
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:06PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Message to Raw Food Leaders
Posted by: Keen ()
Date: April 11, 2013 11:20AM

I don't know why, but I've always had a tough time listening to this guy, but I agree with him here. All the infighting can turn you off, especially for some that are new to it or, like me, struggling to stay with it and trying to decide what works best. Some won't abide, I bet, as they are too dogmatic with their beliefs that their way is the only way.

Date: April 11, 2013 03:50PM

Keen, I totally agree with you. I am just wondering about this sudden change of heart. It's pretty much a 180 and I question whether the whole Adya thing was the impetus.

Date: April 11, 2013 04:58PM

Wow, the plot thickens, LOL...

I just watched a video by Durian Rider (posting from Freelea's channel) about his being banned from Youtube--930 videos deleted. He was reading a comment from someone wondering if this was Matt's doing and DR wasn't sure but he did say that the view count of Raw Food World's recent videos was suspicious. They average around 3k per video and some of the latest ones have 700K and above. I actually did a thread on the etc. forum about this because I found it quite unusual that they jumped so high so suddently. DR says you can pay people to up the view counts and "flag bomb," which I assume is going around and doing mass flaggings of competitors' videos.

Posted by: Keen ()
Date: April 11, 2013 05:47PM

What is "the whole Adya thing?" I'm not up on these issues/wars between raw fooders. I do find durian rider to be too dogmatic and sort of hostile at times, so I end up doubting some of what he says. What's the etc., forum?

These conflicts between the various camps seem to be unbelievably immature and silly.

Date: April 11, 2013 05:54PM

Adya Clarity--you can Google it to find out what happened. There is a thread on here somewhere also. I mean the misc. forum on here at the bottom.

Many of these people have businesses so other raw fooders are their competition.

Date: April 11, 2013 11:21PM

Wow, when I came here I saw new drama. Matt addresses the 80-10-10 community (namely Durian Rider) [www.youtube.com] and then DR responds: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: April 12, 2013 02:40AM

I personally feel that shysters should be called out on their money motivations. I don't trust Matt Monarch one bit. He sells products for a living that he probably would never use on himself. Does he even do anything in application? All his videos are just him blabbing away.... I don't see him actually eat food or exercise or bathe in sunlight. I don't like it when unethical people try to pull the "we should unite as one" card... his motivation is business. It's okay to have differences and distance yourself from people... it doesn't mean you are a negative nancy. Practice what you preach and let people decide for themselves if they like what they see. This whole "Raw Food Leaders" movement is corny. Makes me think of a conference room round table where these people go to discuss.... raw food? It's not that complicated. Hear people out, let it resonate (or not), and apply. If it doesn't work for you, scratch it. No one person is going to lead you to the promised land. And frankly, the only people Matt Monarch leads are sitting in front of a computer and pulling out their credit card. His videos all of a sudden doing 500K+ views in a week is quite suspicious. And at the same as his cries for unity in the community? There's just too many red flags with that guy. At least with durianrider, we see his life. He bikes, eats fruit, travels and gives talks... about fruit and biking and living the simple life. I don't look at him and wonder what his life is REALLY like such as other "leaders". I hope he makes a million dollars telling people to eat more fruit. John Kohler is another true leader (if there ever was one), we see his life right there in every video. He puts everything he talks about into application. He leaves viewers with very little to no room for distrust and suspicion.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:03AM

Ahhh...the plot thickens.

So as DR mentions in his video that you can basically "buy" youtube views, flags, subscribers to your channel & so forth. Does make a person wonder.

MM views did skyrocket in the couple of days in which he released a few mediocre vids...as DR points out.

AND - DR points out that RFW sells Bovine colostrum/Deer Antler supplements & other animal products that I did find on the RFW site.

And he wants the raw food leaders to unite with him? Oh brother...

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: April 12, 2013 03:15PM

fruitylou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
This whole
> "Raw Food Leaders" movement is corny. Makes me
> think of a conference room round table where these
> people go to discuss.... raw food?

Makes me think of high schoolers who never grew up - hence we end up with Celebrity Worship, Celebrity Gossip, Drama. The Raw Food Community is populated by the faction who brought us the Cult of Personality and that ends badly.

I think John Kohler's the most genuine, real and informative.

I love Matt Monarch's corporation because he's got a wide variety of products with fabulous prices.

But I did find the chest hair distracting smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2013 05:22PM

Kid Raw: LOL!!! I was likewise surprise at MM's hairiness. As for celebrity gossip, etc., what is up with you and that? I notice you mention politicians all the time and they certainly qualify as celebrities, don't they? And you mention their exploits so that qualifies as gossip, does it not?

Vegan Juice, I agree with you. Now I am not fond of people intimating stuff. DR should have just come out and said that he believed that Matt paid people to do this. Maybe he's trying to avoid a lawsuit that he is slandering Matt. But I find it fishy that Matt did not address how his view count jumped so high. Remember that I posted a thread about this before it all blew up. I could not understand why Matt would have such viral videos all of a sudden.

What really got me was when Matt talked about DR using pics of those animals. He didn't say WHY DR did it.

Date: April 12, 2013 05:32PM

It's just that who cares about what goes on between Matt Monarch and Durian Rider, or even who they are, or what any other raw food person said or did in their personal lives. I'm only interested in the information they are providing to we raw foodists, and their own personal experiences as raw foodists - certainly not how they interact with other people or any other gossip about them.

I don't view politicians as personalities and don't follow their personal lives and their relationships with others and don't vote for them based on how they look or how cool they are or how popular they are or their empty slogans. I only judge them on what they say and do on the issues.

Like there's a certain type of person who is really into celebrities and celebrities lives, and celebrities relationships and celebrity gossip and drama. I never did get that. Like who cares about JZ and Beyonce and those others, especially what they do in their personal lives. I's a POPULARITY thing. I only care about my family and friends personal lives.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2013 05:44PM by KidRaw.

Date: April 12, 2013 05:47PM

This has nothing to do with MM's personal life. This has to do with a particular philosophy which we on here discuss every day, as well as his business. I have given my energy (currency) to it and I was quite concerned during the scandal because I had my own questions about labeling of products and source of products. That is not gossip, although I admit I have discussed my own feelings about things not related to the business aspect. However, you have made it clear that you are all about business owners so there you go.

Trust me, I am not suggesting that there may not be envy with DR. Maybe there is and maybe he thinks they are all charlatans and is mocking them for being phony. I don't know where he is coming from. But when he lays it out, you cannot deny the facts. The only thing you can question is his motive for it.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: April 12, 2013 07:17PM

I agree with this, but I'm only interested in people who not only share their experiences but who also listen to others. Dialogue not monologue.

KidRaw Wrote:
> It's just that who cares about what goes on
> between Matt Monarch and Durian Rider, or even who
> they are, or what any other raw food person said
> or did in their personal lives. I'm only
> interested in the information they are providing
> to we raw foodists, and their own personal
> experiences as raw foodists - certainly not how
> they interact with other people or any other
> gossip about them.
>
> I don't view politicians as personalities and
> don't follow their personal lives and their
> relationships with others and don't vote for them
> based on how they look or how cool they are or how
> popular they are or their empty slogans. I only
> judge them on what they say and do on the issues.
>
> Like there's a certain type of person who is
> really into celebrities and celebrities lives, and
> celebrities relationships and celebrity gossip and
> drama. I never did get that. Like who cares about
> JZ and Beyonce and those others, especially what
> they do in their personal lives. I's a POPULARITY
> thing. I only care about my family and friends
> personal lives.

Date: April 13, 2013 01:27AM

banana who Wrote:
I notice you mention
> politicians all the time and they certainly
> qualify as celebrities, don't they?

Bingo! They didn't until 2008, and now they're joined at the hip, partying at the White House together. That's exactly what I was just saying.

Date: April 13, 2013 02:02AM

banana who Wrote:

> This has to do with a particular philosophy which
> we on here discuss every day, as well as his
> business. I have given my energy (currency) to it
> and I was quite concerned during the scandal
> because I had my own questions about labeling of
> products and source of products. That is not
> gossip, although I admit I have discussed my own
> feelings about things not related to the business
> aspect. However, you have made it clear that you
> are all about business owners so there you go.

I thought this had to do with the video where Matt Monarch is saying - let's stick together, stop with the factions, stop in-fighting and don't eat our own. I didn't know you were referring to the Adya angle.

I'm not all about business owners particularly, but I like his business. And Whole Foods and others.

And my celebrity rant was related to fruitylou's comment that I quoted above about -

"This whole "Raw Food Leaders" movement is corny."

The thing is - it seems like in the end, the 'leaders' 'gurus' seem to get torn apart and denigrated, criticized, bad-mouthed. We don't like David Wolf, Durian Rider, Matt Monarch, 80/10/10, who else? I think that was the point of his video, was it not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 02:06AM by KidRaw.

Date: April 13, 2013 02:13AM

Watch the second video where he talks about 80-10-10ers, even though he mentions support from Kristina, Meghan E., etc.

And sorry but talking against eating meat does NOT make raw fooders look bad, as Matt claimed. He was doing the same thing and more until quite recently.

The video is titled: "80-10-10ers: Enough!" [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 02:18AM by banana who.

Date: April 13, 2013 04:24AM

Heh, heh, heh...winking smiley

Do people buy views on youtube too look more popular than they really are?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 13, 2013 11:47AM

I like Matt's message. Yes vote from me on this one.
smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 11:48AM by rawgosia.

Date: April 16, 2013 11:24PM

Freelea today: "Video Reply to Matt Monarch" [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 16, 2013 11:54PM

I just wanted to elaborate on Freelea's video, for those who don't want to watch. She is talking about the selling of deer antler, as well as colostrum and how cruel they are and for Matt (and David Wolfe) to stop selling such products. I must say that I am impressed with her sincerity and delivery.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 20, 2013 03:23AM

I like her message too. The manner it is delivered as well.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables