Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

candida
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:26AM

Well, now I think I have candida and it started from eating more vegetables than normal. Seriously, I dont think my body likes any sugar at all.

It could have been the FF dressing the other day, or too many sweet fruits ( not that much) or the nightshade vegetables.Carrots, mushrooms... something initiated this. Too many nuts??

to be honest, I am sad and feel hopeless on this plan. I really thought things were going well, but now I am starting to wonder if I should go back to really low carb. It might be the only way. Bloated, irritable and uncomfortable today...

UGH!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: candida
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 02:00AM

Hi Michele, You can do a spit test to see if you have Candida. I don't think the veggies or the fruit would've caused the Candida. In your post about FF dressing, you stated it was "Asian". Asian typically has soy and sugar in it. I know soy really messes up my hormones. I don't eat any soy products. Sugar is super bad for Candida. These may have contributed ot Candida if you have it.

If you have Candida, you won't be able to sleep well if in the form of a Yeast Infection. Bloating is not necessarily a sign of Candida.

Eating the wrong mixture of foods will cause bloating, too.

Your body and mind will go through some detox symptoms. This may be one of them, not sure. I know when I started detoxing on raw veganism, I had headaches, was spacey, moody, uncomfortable, etc.

If you've been taking any antibiotics or birth control, that will promote Candida.

I know I have had about 20 years of fighting Candida which started with birth control pills. Then, it was worsened by antibiotics and prescription medications. Just last year, I realized I had Celiac's and when I got rid of the gluten, the Candida almost diminished. I only have flare ups when when my hormones are fluctuating near my cycle. Stress will also affect your hormones.

If you don't wish to follow the raw veganism, don't. It won't make you any less a valuable human being. But, do it because it is an informed choice. We all are here, afterall, to attain our best health and hopefully meet friendly people and receive support along the way. Good luck in your journey. Therese

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 02:07AM by life101.

Date: April 24, 2013 02:10AM

Hi
Thank you for the reply. I wish to follow it and feel I am, as best as I can.

I appreciate your feedback- no birth control, no antibiotics, yes to stress.

Tomorrow I will do a test to see if I have it.

Of course, I am sure I will feel better with some sleep...

I do hope you are well.

michele

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 24, 2013 08:38AM

I would work on the problems you already know you have. For example, gum disease (bacteria) can cause whole body problems. This could be a focal point. A trick I learnt is to use xylitol. Xylitol (exists on fruit berries but it is a supplement) will decrease bloating and also kill the gum bacteria. It is easy to jump to conclusions when we panic. It is not really about finding your own way but about making it. Good luck

Date: April 24, 2013 05:20PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would work on the problems you already know you
> have. For example, gum disease (bacteria) can
> cause whole body problems. This could be a focal
> point. A trick I learnt is to use xylitol. Xylitol
> (exists on fruit berries but it is a supplement)
> will decrease bloating and also kill the gum
> bacteria. It is easy to jump to conclusions when
> we panic. It is not really about finding your own
> way but about making it. Good luck

Right, agreed.

Thankssmiling smiley
Also, I took the spit test, and no sign of candida-- so happy. I think I was overly mentally and physically tired. Also, sometimes rushing around and stress is causing me to be bloated.

Michele "SLOW DOWN". Focus on one thing at a time. THis is my mantra these days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables