Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kombucha
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: March 30, 2009 07:50PM

Any opinions on this drink?

Would you imagine it to be irriating for someone with colon inflammation / ulcerations (inflammatory bowel disease) ulcerative colitis?

Also what would known benefits, and how much would you recommend drinking in a day?

Re: kombucha
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: March 31, 2009 12:31PM

G.T.'s Kombucha gives me a slight buzz and warm feeling. The bottle says it contains less than .5 percent alcohol, but I doubt it. It feels like there is more. I think it's great for someone who is craving a beer. Don't know how it would do for your insides. How do you do with a little alcohol? Though I would think the drink itself would be more alkalizing than beer or wine, but I don't know.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 01, 2009 07:50PM

some people love it, some people do not.

some people say mushrooms are not a fruit or a veg, and should not be consumed.

some people say that the probiotics are rawkin and super great for you.

some people say that they are only for people who don't have good functioning bacteria in the first place i think.

trippy little mushrooms.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2009 02:51PM

I just made my first batch (its $$$ if you drink it everyday, like me)...I love it! Some people need their coffee, I am the same with Kombucha. Its one of those things people love or hate, however my mom who has ibs tried it did not like the taste and but no bad effects..Tried it again and now she loves it too..

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: April 03, 2009 02:02PM

How do you make your own kombucha?
I tried some kombucha while on holidays a while back, it was heavenly, I absolutely loved it!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:48AM

Hey Sun!

Theres so many ways to start a bunch...I used this site:
[www.vibrancenutrition.com]

I used black tea (my mom drinks it) and its not my favorite flavor, I am about to start a green tea bunch, then maybe oolong or white...My scoby was very very small so I trashed it. I think this time I am going to add two bottles of GT and hopefully that will help......

I saved these sites too (firgured I try a few diff ways and more tips the better):
[www.foodrenegade.com]
[www.laurelfarms.com]
[www.curezone.com]
[www.seedsofhealth.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables