Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fresh Moringa Leaves
Posted by: kop ()
Date: July 08, 2011 03:54PM

Could someone tell me where in Los Angeles area can one get the herb of fresh Moringa leaves, where I could either use as a green salad, juice, or make into a tea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fresh Moringa Leaves
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 10, 2011 10:27PM

Kop, Thanks for asking the question. I didn't know anything about this plant until you mentioned it. Think it would be better to grow it in a pot. I found some links for seedlings and seeds. Thanks. Therese

[www.seedman.com]
[www.moringafarms.com]

Posted by: merry ()
Date: July 11, 2011 04:34AM

its very easy to grow if you have a garden - once you grow one you can generate more from just a branch stuck in the ground and it doesnt need great soil or anything. But growing it in a pot is not the best way because it becomes a big tree and grows pretty fast...
you can buy the powder also which is very nutritious.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:24AM

You know the best thing about Moringa is that it helps people to cure from diseases in natural way without any side effect. I have been growing Moringa in my garden since 2 years. It only gets to 3-4 feet tall in short summers, which is enough for 3-4 pickings. I use 18-24" between plants, but where seasons are longer, you might want to increase the spacing. It is very fast growing in warm weather.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 11:53AM by Prana.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 17, 2012 10:10AM

You know moringa is about one of the only natural things i haven't tried yet.

Read good things though smiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Angelca ()
Date: May 07, 2012 09:53AM

The moringa tree has all these claims as the most nutrient rich plant on the earth. I've read enough The problem is I have a close friend trying to sign me up with a company called zija. Hoping to find some opinions from people who have had experience with moringa products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 09:54AM by Angelca.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: May 07, 2012 04:09PM

merry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its very easy to grow if you have a garden - once
> you grow one you can generate more from just a
> branch stuck in the ground and it doesnt need
> great soil or anything. But growing it in a pot is
> not the best way because it becomes a big tree and
> grows pretty fast...
> you can buy the powder also which is very
> nutritious.

If it can grow indoor, I prefer that approach because you can grow it all year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 04:10PM by madinah.

Posted by: george-andy ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:55AM

Well, Moringa is complete and richest source of nutrient rich things. Moringa contains much amount of nutrients value which is most essential to our body. In all Moringa leaves are used for medical treatments in powder form. Getting these products one may go online for it.

moringa

Posted by: moringaplace ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:35AM

Moringa Oleifera is a survival pack with 92 minerals and vitamins and 52 antioxidants.You can grow in any part of USA,but if you have snow,it`s better keep in pots and save the plant in your garage or greenhouse when the weather are too cool.
Every part of this plant are edible.You can plant in a pot of 10 gallons or bigger and when the plant rich 6 foot,you trim to 5 foot high and you can keep in that way for long time with a high crop,in special in the warms and hot season.You can save dried for long time and use in any recipe you want.Imagination is the limit.

Posted by: moringaplace ()
Date: May 22, 2013 07:42AM

Two others plants to have in your garden or pots are Stevia Rebaudiana (sugar plant) and Comfrey (bocking 14). Excellent for many medicinal uses ,but the more important ,to make a great fertilizer.We don't recommend to eat comfrey plants,can produce a permanent damage in your liver.Caution,please.For more information,just ask and with a big pleasure I help you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables