Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pleasant surprise at Wal-Mart yesterday!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 31, 2013 07:25PM

Or as Coco calls it, Mall-Wart. winking smiley

I don't get over there too often but occasionally I need a bunch of stuff that are not necessarily readily available at local stores. So you might have heard that they were being asked (forced?) to carry fresh produce. The last time I was there they had a few items but they were not cheap and I thought it was pretty useless.

I was blown away by what greeted me. It's like a produce market up in there!smiling smiley I bought some sugar snap peas (which were very fresh and tasty), they had fresh ginger root, and the prices were right (not too low, either--just what I would expect to find elsewhere).

I am not going to go there for fresh produce because I don't go there all that often but it's nice for those who actually live in that neighborhood. Hopefully all their stores will carry the same variety that I was witness to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pleasant surprise at Wal-Mart yesterday!
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 31, 2013 11:16PM

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that you shop at Wal-Mart! I only started going there a couple years ago and finally got my husband to check it out - because he's against their whole situation - which I forget what the whole thing is right now - and he was surprised at the prices and the selection of stuff. I like to buy their flowers and plants, which are Locally Grown.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 01, 2013 04:21AM

<<<Wal-Mart - he's against their whole situation - which I forget what the whole thing is right now>>>

[www.unitypublishing.com]
IMF / WORLD BANK DESTROYING COUNTRIES

Wal-Mart

The Illuminati owns Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart has 700 plants in China. There is almost nothing in a Walmart store that comes from the United States of America, despite all the eagles on the wall. They have big flags saying "Buy American" and there's hardly anything from America in their stores. What's even worst is they will hire a factory and right next to it will be the sister factory which is inside a prison. You can imagine the conditions of these workers producing this lovely stuff for Walmart.

[www.unitypublishing.com]

Date: June 01, 2013 04:11PM

Honey, that is all well and good but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And I bought some items that said "Made in America." I think they are getting better and in any case, how can we rail against Wal-Mart and then go to Target. They are also not unionized, pay their workers wages accordingly and sell the same stuff that Walmart does.

Maybe you can jump in your car and travel somewhere to find gym shoes that made under humane conditions. Please keep me abreast, okay? Did you know that Nike has been cited over and over again for their deplorable work and labor conditions, including CHILD LABOR?! So tell me the brand of gym shoes you buy that are treating their workers humanely.

Oh and I hope you don't have an Apple device. You know that people are working 16 hours a day to slave for your laptops, smartphones and tablets...

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 01, 2013 04:47PM

[theeconomiccollapseblog.com]
Top 1% Own 39% Of All Global Wealth: Hoarding Soars As We Hurtle Toward Economic Oblivion
Michael Snyder
Economic Collapse
June 1, 2013

…

-The six heirs of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton have as much wealth as the bottom one-third of all Americans combined.

…

[theeconomiccollapseblog.com]

Date: June 01, 2013 04:56PM

I don't drive so I balance consciousness with my needs at the moment. WF's and Trader Joe's had a ginger recall and I suspect that lead was involved. I believe that many of these companies use the same overseas labor (as in the tragic Bangladesh factory deaths) but have different profit margins. So you buy a shirt from Macy's or Norstrom's and it's made in the same place with a different label and jacked up price and who is profiting? Surely not the workers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables