Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Once again on Vata/Pitta and Raw vegan
Posted by: unkle ()
Date: June 02, 2013 11:53PM

Hey, I know this has been discussed a lot, but I couldn't yet find any practical advice on what to actually eat if your on raw. Yes, bith Ayurveda and Chinese medicine are more of coping systems, and raw vegan is what's always been a natural diet for humans, but... What I see in my body really does look like an dosha disbalance. I'm 80% since 6 months and 100% raw since 3 months.

I am Vata/Pitta type, both are out of balance right now. Since they're actually opposite from each other, I get really confused in what I should eat. Vata is predominant, but I can feel a lot of Pitta, too.

I've consulted ayurvedic therapists who told me I should immediately stop eating raw vegan and must add at least dairy and ghee (yuckkkk!!) to my diet. But that's out of question for me, so I'm trying to figure out what to do within my current diet.

Raw vegan makes me feel great most of the time, but there are some things that bother me. Vata disbalance: bloating and gas, dry skin on the body, especially fingertips (in fact, they crack and bleed!), I feel unusually cold at times though I live in Thailand, and last but not least - irritability, restlessness. It's all Vata..
Then Pitta disbalance: oily skin on face and scalp, itchiness on the scalp, oily hair, diarrhea and burning sensation in the colon, hot flashes and sweating.

So are there any fruit/veg that are tridosha? And I'd also prefer to avoid oil and nuts, because I feel most bloated after I've had them.

I'll appreciate advice!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Once again on Vata/Pitta and Raw vegan
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 03, 2013 12:06AM

It takes time to adjust to raw, take it easy and do what you can.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 03, 2013 01:20PM

Hey unkle,

Here is an old post of mine that might answer your question, unfortunately, this website has crashed many times over the years and the link obviously has nothing to link to.

[www.living-foods.com]
RE: Digestion and Energy
John Rose
8-22-00

When considering the digestibility of food, all three cycles of food are equally as important. Most nutritionist only focus on the first two cycles of food - Consumption and Absorption, and are not taught about the Elimination cycle of food. When we consider all 3 cycles of food, raw foods are the only natural foods that we should [ideally] eat.

According to Gabriel Cousens, Vata Constitutional Types should eat Raw Foods - 3 meals & snacks, no dried fruit & 118 degree warm fatty soups. Kapha - Raw Foods - 2 meals 6 hours apart, no snacks, & no juices or juicy fruits before 10:00 AM. Pitta - Raw Foods - 3meals 4 hours apart, snacks & bland foods...avoid salty, pungent & sour tastes.

Remember, most people have a mixture of two doshas, so there's actually a total of 10 dosha constitutions, not just three. Also, since I've discovered this extremely accurate and applicable personality test that is based on quantum physics, I have found that there are some flaws in the Ayurvedic Tridosha System. The similarities are amazingly close, except the test that I have learned is actually more accurate, it has 4 doshas instead of 3, so to speak. I would love to see someone modify the 3 dosha system to accommodate the 4th dosha. As of now, it's a little here and a little there and it just does not make any sense.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 03, 2013 02:51PM

The problem I have with Ayurveda is that sometimes the doshas seems to contradict each other. Like some attributes don't seem like they belong together but I confess to not knowing very much about it. I'd like to learn more plus TCM dietary stuff.

I think I am primarily vata and I believe that I might have cold dampness (TCM). This is due to not being very thirsty as well as liking hot drinks. So sometimes I wonder if I would thrive on 100% raw.

Date: June 03, 2013 03:16PM

<<<The problem I have with Ayurveda is that sometimes the doshas seems to contradict each other.>>>

Hey BW,

Yes, the Doshas contradict each other because there are 4 Main Personality Types according to most Personality Profiles and according to James Nolan, who perfected Personalysis, he uses the Colors - Red, Yellow, Blue & Green for the 4 Main Personality Types and the problem with the Ayurvedic Tridosha System is that it only has 3 Doshas so it doesn’t have a corresponding Dosha for 1 of the 4 Main Personality Types - the Blue Personalities. Instead, some of the Blue traits are interspersed among the other three Doshas or the other 3 Colors. This makes me have some doubts as to the effectiveness of using the Ayurvedic Tridosha System to personalize individual diets.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: June 04, 2013 07:02PM

I am vata/pitta and also struggle with finding the right balance sometimes.

Jon- I tried to pm you but it did not go through. Just curious-- did you block me?

Date: June 04, 2013 07:14PM

Of course not - there appears to be a problem...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Can you send a pm?
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: June 03, 2013 06:23AM

When I try to send a pm I am getting an error:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /usr/www/users/rawboard/newboard/pm.php on line 1121"

Anyone else experiencing this?

Date: June 04, 2013 11:14PM

michelemm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am vata/pitta and also struggle with finding the
> right balance sometimes.
>

can you tell more about your experience? what do you eat? what feels best for your digestive tract?

I got really a lot better after months of being bloated and miserable. A fast helped! I fasted on water and detoxing for 18 hours (I wish I could do more, but I was sooo hungry...). And I've also found that mono fruit meals are digested quite easily, but not all fruit some how. And sometimes I get bloated even from orange juice! I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me... Raw vegan should be fun, but for now I'm mostly struggling. I hope I'll fine soon..

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: June 05, 2013 03:42AM

unkle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> michelemm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am vata/pitta and also struggle with finding
> the
> > right balance sometimes.
> >
>
> can you tell more about your experience? what do
> you eat? what feels best for your digestive
> tract?
>
> I got really a lot better after months of being
> bloated and miserable. A fast helped! I fasted on
> water and detoxing for 18 hours (I wish I could do
> more, but I was sooo hungry...). And I've also
> found that mono fruit meals are digested quite
> easily, but not all fruit some how. And sometimes
> I get bloated even from orange juice! I'm still
> trying to figure out what works best for me... Raw
> vegan should be fun, but for now I'm mostly
> struggling. I hope I'll fine soon..

You will get there.... think positive. I did not fast but I just ate lots of vegetables and tried to not feel guilty if I cooked some of them. It balanced me out.

Date: June 05, 2013 07:13AM

Thanks for your support, guys!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables