Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How green juices can stop poisoning in it's tracks
Date: June 06, 2013 06:27AM

l've had a few close calls over the years and last weekend was another scare l got from eating a wrong plant. l am usually very careful, but this time l let my guard down and picked a `prickly pear cactus' which is well known to be edible. Well, l gave the cactus a 30 second blend and strained through a sprout bag and filled a glass up and drank and really enjoyed it oblivious to what was to come. This is the offender:

The drink of cactus juice that turned my life up-side-down:

Within 10 minutes l felt a sensation in my head and initially interpreted it as a good sign, but within 15 minutes l knew something was seriously wrong. After 20 minutes my pulse and throat were racing and l was hallucinating and quickly losing grip of my reality, but l tried not to panick because l knew what to do.

lt was coming on so fast that l didn't have time to pull out the juicer, so l reached for the AFA blue-green algae and drank two large tablespoons of it to buy me some time. Then l followed with 30 tabs of high quality Chlorella to help neutralize and detox the body (Chlorella is one of the finest things for detox and was effective with Chenobel victims) and then followed with large amounts of kelp in water. Those things brought the edge off and bought me some time to gather my thoughts and slow my pulse slightly, but l still was hallucinating. Needless to say, all those algaes and kelp were down my throat in record time.

Then l pulled out the big guns that have always worked in the past, l brought out the microgreens. Within 15 minutes (the usual time) l knew l was going to be o.k because the poisoning symptoms dramatically eased off, and by 30 minutes it was like it had never happened.

l rang the poison line to ask about the symptoms of cactus poisoning and they weren't the nicest folk to speak with and told me that nothing can neutralise poison, but naturally l weren't going to argue with them. lt just shows that mainstream doctors and poison experts know nothing about the power of plants - they wanted to give me drugs to neutralise it, but l always knew what plants were capable of doing.

On a previous occasion about 15 years ago l got poisoned from eating the wrong plant. Within 20 minutes l saw faces all over the walls and l had the Mc Donalds character Grimace talking to me in monster language, and he was about 10 foot wide. He looked like an extra large version of his usual self, i'll never forget it...took lots of effort to remain calm.

l luckily had a manual wheatgrass juicer and a tray of wheatgrass in the same room so l started juicing to see what it did. WOW....within minutes the intensity eased off and within 15 minutes (the key time) it was almost gone. And after 30 minutes it was like it had never happened.

Moral of the story
- be very careful what plants you choose and don't take internet opinions or pictures as a guide when picking unfamiliar plants.

- if poisoning happens while you are in the bush, get to it early and chew on well known safe weeds and grasses to get the juices and spit out the pulp or use fresh green juices to neutralise the effects. OR...pick lawn grass and start juicing or chewing that if you need to.

Unfortunately mistakes happen, but it's best to know how to deal with it. I hope people remember this post and share this with others because it is important to know this information if one gets into trouble.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 06:38AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How green juices can stop poisoning in it's tracks
Date: June 06, 2013 06:55AM

If l was going into secluded areas with deadly snakes around l would also take a small manual juicer, a syringe and make sure some greens were available on hand or in the bush. l don't know if my plan would work, but if l was bitten by a deadly snake l would drink large amounts of freshly squeezed juice and inject grass and weed juice into the area where l got the bite and hope for the best. There is not much else we could do in a secluded area. You might also try injecting the greens near the heart and in the neck to hopefully protect the brain from damage.

These are things people should think about if emergencies do arise. l am a big believer in the power of weeds and grasses and l think they have aggressive substances in them which do neutralise poisons.

Definitely something to keep in the back of the mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 06:58AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 06, 2013 11:53AM

Here’s part of an older Post by Dr. Flora about the Green Juices followed by an interesting story about Rattlesnakes…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: need help with my son PLEASE read!!!!
Author: drflora (---.185.75.239.Dial1.Washington2.Level3.net)
Date: 02-05-05 17:47

How many mothers came to Dr. Wigmore, frantic because of some of their children's symptoms, and the same old 'prescription' was given: first, young coconut water. Then papaya mixed with baby greens. Then wheat grass juice. Then energy soup. All of the dear people who have answered are not aware, perhaps of Dr. Linus Pauling's fiasco on vitamin C. He was successfully sued by the Director of the Linus Pauling Institute, to disclose the fact that the only thing that stopped cancer was dark green live vegetable juices, and that the vitamin c was actually destroying the stomachs and intestines of the people, especially women, who took the supplement. Dr. Pauling had falsified the information about vitamin C and further investigation actually caused one of this Nobel Prizes to be under a cloud. NO vitamin C in pill, power or crystal forms should be given these precious children. Their tuimmies are about the size of their fists. 1,500 is too much for adults. No fish oil. Flax seeds (a teaspoon in 1/4th glass of water for 10 minutes) mixed with organic apple and soaked walnuts (2 tablespoons), mixed with baby greens will be a peaceful starter after the things mentioned above.

…

peace and love, Dr. Flora 3rd
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

In the 1800's, Joseph Meyer would let live rattlesnakes bite him on stage to prove the effectiveness of his tonic made from a Kansas root - Echinacea. This is where the name snake oil peddler originated. The American Indians used Echinacea for all types of disorders, but especially for wounds and rattlesnakes.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: June 06, 2013 12:49PM

Great post John, but those links aren't working.

The great thing about Ann Wigmore was that she had great intuition. She didn't know the science but everything she said was spot on. All her students such as Dr Flora get my utmost respect, she taught them properly about raw foods.

l always knew my intuition about about poisons, snakes and grasses was right. Nature put things in the grasses to help mankind and there is nothing better.

Here is a post l made on orthomolecular medicine and Linus Pauling on another forum a couple of years ago. l completely exposed his nonsense.
[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 12:50PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables