Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Spending the day on weed juice
Date: June 09, 2013 03:40AM

l can't recommend spending a Sunday drinking weed juice enough. Nothing beats the feeling. Your mind is activated and you feel at peace with everything and so calm and happy, and music sounds GREAT!!!...it really penetrates your inner being.

Lots of nutrients in weed juice and l recommend everyone spend their Winters drinking it once or twice a week and really making a feast of it. It might be a shock to the system at first because they are strong tasting, but they are easy to get used to if you embrace the taste of strong raw foods. l had 42 oz (1,500) of juice at a sitting and loved it, but l had to stop because my stomach was full. Later l do another 42 oz to bring it up to 84 oz of weed juice (3,000 ml) for the day. Sitting outside looking at nature is a wonderful thing to do while drinking the juice

l personally don't feel oxalic acid will be a problem if one has green juice on it's own. l recall scientists saying that the high nutrient content of dark green juices allows the body to get rid of the oxalic acid. l think there are problems when people start mixing the dark greens with other foods like in smoothies or in salads.

Drink your weed juice often - it's highly potent, makes you feel great, alkalizes you, but even better, it's free!

Note: if you haven't juiced before, be careful because you might heavily detox. Take it slow. Also use a manual wheatgrass juicer, never an electric version.

8 oz of weed juice with pea shoot greens in the background. Makes a nice dark juice (glass is about 12 oz in all).

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 03:49AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spending the day on weed juice
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:03PM

LOL--I thought you meant WEED weedwinking smiley

But you didn't mention a sudden urge to break out an Electric Prunes album so I figured it was dandelion or something...

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:13PM

Is it possible to become too alkaline on a diet that is only vegetables and sprouts? How alkaline are sprouts as compared to vegetables themselves? I think I really want to try sprouting nuts and seeds, though - like pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, cashews, almonds. I've tried in the past and they got smelly and funky or didn't sprout or something. I'll have to check out your website to see which ones you eat and go on the Sprouting forum and get some ideas.

Date: June 10, 2013 01:37AM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it possible to become too alkaline on a diet
> that is only vegetables and sprouts?

No. l have to fight against the sprouted seeds, sprouted nuts, sea vegetables and a small bit of unripe fruit. If a person only had sprouted greens then alkalinity would be a problem, but not with the varied diet l have.

How alkaline
> are sprouts as compared to vegetables themselves?
Most green sprouts are far more alkaline then vegetables, but naturally there are some very alkaline vegetables such as spinach.

> I think I really want to try sprouting nuts and
> seeds, though - like pumpkin, sunflower, sesame,
> cashews, almonds. I've tried in the past and they
> got smelly and funky or didn't sprout or
> something.
When you sprout nuts and seeds you need extra green juices to compensate, especially for really large nuts. When sprouting nuts you need to pull out the big guns and consume grass juice.

I'll have to check out your website to
> see which ones you eat and go on the Sprouting
> forum and get some ideas.

Still haven't written much on growing methods yet, but l will in time. Sprouting nuts is the most time consuming things because the nuts need to be shelled and then treated very delicately and given special treatment (they need a high pressure spray because they develop bacteria easy). Sprouting walnuts can send one alittle crazy if done everyday (it's hard work, but it helps develop good muscles lol), so it's best doing these every second or third day during the cold season only.

Still lots to write on my site, l haven't even stratched the stratch yet, and need to improve lots of stuff l have written. l'll get there eventually.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: June 10, 2013 02:08AM

Another problem with vegan diets is that they are high in phosphorous, and many foods like nuts and seeds are tied up in phytic acid which forms much of the phosphorous. The best way to solve this problem is to sprout those foods and to sprout the various legumes. Phytic acid can be reduced by 80% after a few days of sprouting and bring the phosphorous levels into better balance in the raw diet. Sprouting will also remove much of the oxalic acid. Even cooking doesn't remove as much as previously thought. Sprouting also removes much of the uric acid in beans, peas and lentils when sprouted for certain lengths of time.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 02:14AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 10, 2013 03:26AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> No. l have to fight against the sprouted seeds,
> sprouted nuts, sea vegetables and a small bit of
> unripe fruit. If a person only had sprouted greens
> then alkalinity would be a problem, but not with
> the varied diet l have.
>
---
can i ask what you mean by "fight against"?

Date: June 10, 2013 09:27PM

Sprouted seeds/nuts, sea vegetables and unripe fruit (most sold in shops or at local farms) can lower alkalinity below optimal levels during digestion (you will feel it), so you need to take good quantities of high alkaline foods before eating those foods to combat the problem.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 11, 2013 08:29PM

cool, thanks for explaining what you meant! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables