Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Getting fruit at its peak
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:19PM

I bought some strawberries the other day that were just the best. I have almost forgotten how good they can taste--usually they are rather watery, even when sweet. But the texture of the current ones is heavenly--it had a body to it...It's hard to describe. Having access to fruit ripened properly would motivate people to eat more of it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting fruit at its peak
Date: June 07, 2013 08:05AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bought some strawberries the other day that were
> just the best. I have almost forgotten how good
> they can taste--usually they are rather watery,
> even when sweet. But the texture of the current
> ones is heavenly--it had a body to it...It's hard
> to describe. Having access to fruit ripened
> properly would motivate people to eat more of it!

That's the problem, no store bought or farmers market fruit is properly ripe. It needs to be picked before it's peak so it can stay good. Farmers will pick the fruit and store it for a while before sale, and even my local farmer doesn't sell ripe fruit because he can't afford to (birds will eat it and various other reasons). Even some certified organic fruit is refrigerated for months before being sold. When you compare a properly tree ripened fruit to any bought fruit there is no comparison. l find after 30 minutes that fruit loses most of it's power. Tree ripened fruit is something special, but store bought fruit is rubbish....looks like fruit but doesn't function as fruit really should.

Nothing worse than bought fruit, NONE OF IT is fit to eat imo. When l have the sprouts they are fresh and l know how it's supposed to feel, but when l eat store bought fruit my level drops and the effect is not good (not alkaline feeling, it is acidic)....it draws from my system because the electrical frequency is lacking. l really don't know how these 80-10-10 folks do it...maybe the body adjusts to the poor food conditions and makes do with what it has, the body can't be underestimated, people survive on some of the most shocking diets.

And don't get me started on garden picked vegetables. They are party foods and should only be used as flavour enhancers in this day and age, and not be relied upon for nutrition. Drinking spinach juice is just like drinking water - gutless, but full of natural toxins and harsh fiber suitable for no-one. That's what you get when you eat big mature plants, you get tough brutes and undesirable characteristics. We need nice soft fiber that we can chew, not tough fiber from brutes like spinach and all the other vegetables.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 08:18AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 07, 2013 09:55PM

*Sigh*

Date: June 12, 2013 02:33AM

The book `Living Foods for Optimal Health' list the following store bought/farmers market fruit to avoid:

* apricots
* brown coconut
* dates
* dried fruit
* mangoes
* oranges
* peaches
* plums

"These fruits too often are harvested before they are ripened and so lack the essential vitamins and minerals that would have been manufactured in the tree ripening process. Also, dates and dried fruits are too sweet".

l love eating apricots, oranges, plums and peaches from a local farm...and l 100% agree that these fruits are never ripe and have a negative effect on the body compared to the better quality foods.

Fruits to be eaten occasionally:

* avocado
* berries
* cantelope
* grapefruit
* Melon
* Persimmons
* pineapple
* star fruit
* Tangerine

Fruits best for eating:

* apples
* bananas
* cherries
* grapes
* kiwi
* lemons
* papaya
* pears
* watermelon.

l definitely agree with apples, cherries, grapes, lemons, pears and water melon (especially the last two...always has the best effect on my system).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 02:35AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables