Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

1:25:32 video. Graham vs Wolf vs Clement
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 07, 2013 09:16PM

[www.youtube.com]

What happens when you sit three leading proponents of a raw food diet, all three with varying approaches to health and diet? You start to uncover some truths. =)

Enjoy and analyze the various topics discussed by Dr. Graham, David Wolfe, & Brian Clement in this rousing debate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1:25:32 video. Graham vs Wolf vs Clement
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 07, 2013 09:54PM

Wow! Thanks. Can't wait to have the time to watch. I don't know anything about Clement's philosophy. I have heard the name but never seen him...

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: June 07, 2013 11:04PM

What are some of the basic truths from the video?

Date: June 08, 2013 07:55AM

l like the point David Wolfe brings up (last 5 minutes of video) about people who consume lots of germinted seeds that haven't gone to the green stage (1-3 days of sprouting). He says you need LOTS of greens to get the proper alkaline balance. That is spot on. We need good quantities of wheatgrass and about 1000 ml (32 oz) of green sprout juices a day and algaes, especially if we consume good quantities of sea vegetables. Alfalfa juice is important in such a diet also.

Look how great Dr Clement's skin looks. So clean and glowing. He really has a great diet, and it shows. And l really loved his point about foods needing to be extra potent in this day and age.

l've never given Dr Graham much time, but he brings up an interesting point about athletes thriving on high fruit diets and burning all the fruit sugar. Even Dr Clement agreed with him (never thought that would happen given his position on fruit).

The thing l didn't like was how Dr Graham said to eat all your greens and food. But people are busy and don't have time to be spending lots of time eating greens. And even if you do eat the greens, will you be eating enough to thrive in such a toxic day and age?? l think Brian made an excellent point on green juicing, it is excellent. But l didn't like when David called juicing a supplement - it's far more than just a supplement.

l just wish David still taught what he used to. He's gone right off course like many of us know. Such a shame...he looked great back then and had lots of potential. A friend of mine went to school with David Wolfe and spoke very highly of him during his earlier health days.

Definitely worth the listen.

But l still go back to the same old thing l always say, the food needs to be fresh.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2013 08:08AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 08, 2013 10:51AM

47:51 video Part 2 smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 09, 2013 06:46AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought what Brian Clement said about getting
> plant hormones was interesting. Perhaps the
> hormones are what attract us to certain types of
> foods that would be beneficial for us
> specifically.

He talks much about plant hormones, oxygen and especially PHYTONUTRIENTS these days. He didn't know much about the subject in those days, now he does.

THeSt0rm Wrote:

> Graham says our body purely runs on sugar.

LOL, so do other species of animals who eat meat (correct me if l am wrong on that). That doesn't mean we should be overloading on sugar. l did learn much from his talk though.. in regards to athletic and super fit types being able to handle heavy sugar diets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 06:51AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 09, 2013 09:00AM

The issue with Graham is that he is recommending his 80/10/10 as the optimum diet for everyone - not just athletes and the super fit who can handle the sugar and are able to eat the volume required and stretch their stomach beyond their normal capacity and still be ok.

Date: June 09, 2013 09:53AM

BJ Wrote:
> The issue with Graham is that he is recommending
> his 80/10/10 as the optimum diet for everyone -

That is what disturbs me the most too, and it sounds like many have suffered because of it. l really don't like it when people give out advice like that and people are negatively effected. l won't say anymore, l just feel sorry for the poor people who fall for the hype and don't know any better (plenty of them start off all keen and then disappear from the raw scene).

If you give out diet advice you need to be responsible so people don't hurt themselves.

l've never met so many teenage diet experts as the 80-10-10 folks. *wink* They even know more than Gabriel Cousens and Dr Brian Clement...it's true...they do.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 09:58AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 09, 2013 11:39AM

My idea of eating sugar is that it needs to be metabolized fast. Otherwise you get problems. The higher the fat percentage, the slower the sugar metabolic speed. People that have settled on high fat diets develop sugar problems. But it takes a while to get good speed. It is not a nigh and day thing and it also depends on other factors. I would also say that dietary sugar alone is not a factor for all cancer. I see it as more complex and with other cofactors but people are attracted to simple theories and hypothesis. On the video, I get a bad bibe when Brian Clement appears as the know all authority with the highest volume voice. Probably it is only me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 11:43AM by Panchito.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:37PM

Panchito Wrote:
On the video, I
> get a bad bibe when Brian Clement appears as the
> know all authority with the highest volume voice.
> Probably it is only me.

I can't believe people would take health and fitness advice from someone who looks so out of shape.

Date: June 09, 2013 11:30PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> Panchito Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> On the video, I
> > get a bad bibe when Brian Clement appears as
> the
> > know all authority with the highest volume
> voice.
> > Probably it is only me.
>
>
> I can't believe people would take health and
> fitness advice from someone who looks so out of
> shape.

He is a very busy man (he reads science and medical journals for hours each day and runs the HHI) and doesn't have the time to exercise like he should, but his skin and general appearance tells a great story for a man with limited time.

Dr Clement glows and has aged well and that is great proof of a good diet and a man who knows much about food. Dr Graham is in great shape but he doesn't have that wonderful glow. David Wolfe glowed in that video too. Could it be the green juices and sea weeds and their diet in general? l think so.

Dr Graham would also be very busy, but part of his work is exercising because he is an athlete. That's why he is in better shape on the outside.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 11:40PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 10, 2013 03:25AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Utopian Life Wrote:
> -----
> > Panchito Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > On the video, I
> > > get a bad bibe when Brian Clement appears as
> > the
> > > know all authority with the highest volume
> > voice.
> > > Probably it is only me.
> >
> >
> > I can't believe people would take health and
> > fitness advice from someone who looks so out of
> > shape.
>
> He is a very busy man (he reads science and
> medical journals for hours each day and runs the
> HHI) and doesn't have the time to exercise like he
> should, but his skin and general appearance tells
> a great story for a man with limited time.
>
> Dr Clement glows and has aged well and that is
> great proof of a good diet and a man who knows
> much about food. Dr Graham is in great shape but
> he doesn't have that wonderful glow. David Wolfe
> glowed in that video too. Could it be the green
> juices and sea weeds and their diet in general? l
> think so.
>
> Dr Graham would also be very busy, but part of his
> work is exercising because he is an athlete.
> That's why he is in better shape on the outside.

---
I'm sure some of us (inc. me) see what we want to see, but I don't think someone saying or using as an excuse that they read for hours a day would account for the excess fat he has. Maybe it would account for not having LARGE muscles; however, he has the look of someone who is retained water (probably uses salt) and also has excess fat. It's not like he's just thin. His arms look chubby.

I think Doug Graham was glowing, but I agree to disagree. smiling smiley

Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 06:39PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
>
> l just wish David still taught what he used to.
> He's gone right off course like many of us know.
> Such a shame...he looked great back then and had
> lots of potential. A friend of mine went to school
> with David Wolfe and spoke very highly of him
> during his earlier health days.

I totally agree. He's kind of taken a down turn, pushing his chocolate bars and gaining weight. He seemed more on the "up n'up" before.

Date: June 14, 2013 06:50PM

David's metabolism theory is ringing true for me based from my experiments. I've found by eating high fruit I put on a ton of weight. It's really hard to burn off those calories and I had to eat a lot to stay full.

I think Brian is dead-on when it comes to fruit. Unless you are an athlete or live for hours of daily exercise. Might I add, it's also very expensive to eat so much fruit everyday.

Protein and fats on the other hand are more sustaining for me and I can control my bodyfat % much easier. They also work with my busy lifestyle. 6 dollar bag of nuts will last me all week. 5 dollars of spring mix will last me two days etc. etc..

Date: June 14, 2013 06:50PM

Here's Part 2

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 06:53PM by clank72.

Date: June 14, 2013 10:44PM

Being muscular and strong doesn't necessarily equate with living a long life - or being healthy. Many physically fit people drop dead when they are relatively young. On the other hand, being a fat slob isn't a good advertisement for anything.

I know young people say ' I'm not worried about how long I live ' , but let's see if they think the same when they get a bit older. For many of us it's not necessary to be super fit and super strong to live a long, healthy, happy life in this world where many of us we aren't required to use our muscles 24 hours a day, so let's not confuse being physically strong and muscular with being healthy.

Date: June 15, 2013 02:08AM

BJ Wrote:

> Many physically fit people drop dead when they are
> relatively young.

source? specifics? citations?

Date: June 16, 2013 10:35PM

Is this video recent? I think David Wolfe looks great in it. I am wondering if perhaps it's actually older because I have seen him in his new incarnation as Sham-wow! type of infomercial dewd and I thought he looks different than in this video.

And what is up with Graham? His arms are like Popeye's or something.

Date: June 16, 2013 10:54PM

OMG! This is almost 23 years ago? Because I watched a preview of it somewhere else and I was commenting thinking that it was from last year or something. I am a bit confused because David Wolfe has not aged then at all since then. He really looks pretty similar. So I am wondering if it's 2000.

Date: June 17, 2013 12:29AM

I think it's like 2000, and it's before 80-10-10 the book came out in 2006.

Date: June 17, 2013 05:27PM

Yes, I was watching another version that says 2000. Wow. I think it's so unfair what people say about David. He doesn't look so different now than then. And it's been almost 20 years and he's pushing 50.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables