Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ice cream for breakfast! smiling smiley
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:32PM

Yes Virginia, you too can have as delectable morning experience as I just did!

Ingredients:

Frozen spotted bananas

blueberries

a touch of raw agave or honey

I should have proccessed the bananas thru the Omega 8006 w/ blank plate instead of even attempting the Vitamix. Because I ended up using a touch of organic plain soymilk to make it blend properly.

Then you take a cup or so of blueberries and a squirt of agave (it should not be very sweet) and blend. Drizzle on top.

Soooo good and not the same feeling I get after eating ice cream, even the good kind. This felt really clean and light.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ice cream for breakfast! smiling smiley
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:57PM

I used to love putting frozen bananas through my old Champion and adding dates with it. I would also sometimes sprinkle a little date sugar on the bananas to give it a sort of cheese cake effect, but it was too sweet if I used both the dates and the date sugar. You can also run the frozen bananas through a Greenstar, but since it doesn't spin as fast as the Champion, it doesn't whip as much air in it and it's not as fluffy. It's still good, but it has a denser consistency and that's OK too.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:32PM

What do you attribute to that? I thought since they were both masticating juicers...

Thanks for the idea of dates. I love sweetening with them and the added fiber is great for balancing the sugar! smiling smiley

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:41PM

The Champion is a single blade and spins at 3700 RPM and the Greenstar is a twin blade and spins less than 100 RPM. The high speed whips more air into it and the twin blade presses instead of grinds.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 22, 2013 12:15AM

One of my old favorites.
smiling smiley

Try putting a few strawberries at the very end of blending. Yum.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables