Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stuck
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: May 26, 2013 05:33PM

I am doing much better with raw and can say I am about 80/20 right now. However, I had a splurge yesterday with a raw vega bar.... and felt soo sick to my stomach. I also had dried fruit.

I think I do really well for about one month and then I get stuck and start looking for other options to keep me going.

My body doesnt like anything not in a natural state, that is for sure.

I am even sensitive to mineral makeup lately.

So, my question is to others as I move forward to this healthy lifestyle: What do you do to help you stay positive and not stuck when you feel yourself slipping into a rut?

I def think stress can do this-- but learning how to cope with it without losing my physical health during the process is the key.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stuck
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 26, 2013 06:28PM

It could be difficult at first but people can adjust to anything. So building time is good.

Most of what we discover is that we live in a world made up of ideas. We have the idea of a country, the idea of medicine, etc. They were all made before you were born by other people. Replacing ideas from other people with ours is what creates cognitive dissonance (intelectual pain) as we are force to be fakes. You may be going through a phase where you are creating your own ideas which could conflict with the previous ones, thus creating 'mental' pain (there is no pain in the brain) and feeling depressed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 06:34PM by Panchito.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:26PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It could be difficult at first but people can
> adjust to anything. So building time is good.
>
>
> Most of what we discover is that we live in a
> world made up of ideas. We have the idea of a
> country, the idea of medicine, etc. They were all
> made before you were born by other people.
> Replacing ideas from other people with ours is
> what creates cognitive dissonance (intelectual
> pain) as we are force to be fakes. You may be
> going through a phase where you are creating your
> own ideas which could conflict with the previous
> ones, thus creating 'mental' pain (there is no
> pain in the brain) and feeling depressed.

Thanks for your insight. I am definitely experiencing cognitive dissonance ( I just learned about this in my program). Right, I am not a fan of ANYTHING fake.As I move forward in my career, I am starting to realize I want to be in a community that thrives on nature and fitness. That being said, I do feel a little lost since most of family/contacts are in LA and NY. Alot of pretentious ideas are embedded there. On the contrary, I do believe that if I am true and confident with myself, the rest will be easier to handle.

It is really important to me to surround myself with healthy, wholesome clean people.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:44AM

panchito says

<<Most of what we discover is that we live in a world made up of ideas. We have the idea of a country, the idea of medicine, etc. They were all made before you were born by other people. Replacing ideas from other people with ours is what creates cognitive dissonance (intelectual pain) as we are force to be fakes. You may be going through a phase where you are creating your own ideas which could conflict with the previous ones, thus creating 'mental' pain (there is no pain in the brain) and feeling depressed.>>

the idea of country... yeah, that's super laughable and the whole world takes it so seriously like it was REAL and make entire languages and foods and wars out of it

the idea of "medicine" ... as if food was not medicine

is there any "IDEA" that is real?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 12:45AM by la_veronique.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 27, 2013 06:09PM

A country is a conceptual object. It does not exists outside the mind. Other animals cannot see the country. The body has unconscious ideas like communication by hormones. Anything that is outside the animal needs is not real. To find reality you would need to find your living needs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 06:24PM by Panchito.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 22, 2013 02:10AM

<<To find reality you would need to find your living needs>>

sounds pretty simple to me
where do i sign up?

smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables