Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rawfood or Juice fast to heal skin?
Posted by: Jason54 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 05:59PM

First of all, hi, my name is Jason, and this is my first post in the forums. I'm glad to meet you all.

I'm currently trying to decide which route to take for quickest recovery. I'm 22 years old, and as of 3 1/2 years ago, I have dropped some weight. My skin is not as tight as it could be, but not sagging or anything. I am wondering if going rawfood or doing a juice fast would help this. I know that a water fast should take care of it if done long enough, but that is extreme and I cannot afford to be bedridden for a month and a half. I have a done a 15 day water fast, and it was terrible. I couldn't do anything. The low blood pressure made me have trouble standing up because I would almost black out every time.

This has lead me to look to doing a juice fast instead, but I'm wondering what the difference between this and a rawfood diet would be. I know the digestive load would be decreased further, and I'm assuming that means better detoxification, but I'm not sure. I'm looking for some advice on what to do here or for someone to point me to some resources to help me answer my questions. A few of my concerns include:

1) difference in efficiency, results, and time of rawfood vs fasting
2) how to juice fast. Should I keep it keto and stick to green veggies or include fruits? Should I take any additional supplements or oils?
3) how big of a difference does it make what kind of juicer you get? I know some are better for different things, but how much better?

Anyhow, if anyone has the answers to any of these questions, links to resources about this, or any general advice, I would greatly appreciate the input.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rawfood or Juice fast to heal skin?
Date: June 25, 2013 09:23PM

Jason54 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> 1) difference in efficiency, results, and time of
> rawfood vs fasting
l talk from experience here. When l went 100% raw l blended and ate my food, but my skin still had lots of blotches and never got better. lt was because l had weak digestion, liver etc. BUT when l started juicing fresh sprout juices my skin started to inprove dramatically within 6 weeks of consuming 24 - 32oz of FRESH highly potent green juice everyday. As Brian Clement said, you can feel good by eating and blending, but you never start to really do deep healing until you do green juices. He is spot on when it comes to improving the organs of the body.

> 2) how to juice fast. Should I keep it keto and
> stick to green veggies or include fruits? Should I
> take any additional supplements or oils?
Fruit might work for some people, but for someone like me it didn't have the nutrition for deep healing when the body was not well. Definitely no need for oils...just go full on with green juice. Good oils from juices like chia grass, but fenugreek sprouts/wheatgrass/alfalfa grass/broccoli sprout juices etc are the big boys of healing. FRESH...not supermarket bought greens.

Play it safe and do sprout juices. Veggie juices can contain high levels of tannins, oxalic acid and many other anti nutrients, and this can be a problem for some people, espcially when juicing large amounts over time.

> 3) how big of a difference does it make what kind
> of juicer you get? I know some are better for
> different things, but how much better?
Best to give yourself the best chance. Either get a manual slow turning juicer or get a very highend juicer. Mid end juicers like the Champion have faster spinning juice parts and are supposed to destroy up to 30% of the nutrition in the juice by the process.

Also best to drink that juice within 15 minutes despite the crazy claims all these juice companies say about juice lasting for 2 days etc. Drink 8 oz of juice and then juice another 8 oz of juice - always do it in small sections.

When you do things at the highest level you give yourself the best possible chance of getting well.

You may even want to consider water enemas followed up by wheatgrass rectal implants twice daily to replace the lost flora and salts from the enemas.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 09:36PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Jason54 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 05:11PM

Thank you for the reply. I have a few more questions, however.

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Jason54 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > 1) difference in efficiency, results, and time
> of
> > rawfood vs fasting
> l talk from experience here. When l went 100% raw
> l blended and ate my food, but my skin still had
> lots of blotches and never got better. lt was
> because l had weak digestion, liver etc. BUT when
> l started juicing fresh sprout juices my skin
> started to inprove dramatically within 6 weeks of
> consuming 24 - 32oz of FRESH highly potent green
> juice everyday. As Brian Clement said, you can
> feel good by eating and blending, but you never
> start to really do deep healing until you do green
> juices. He is spot on when it comes to improving
> the organs of the body.

Interesting, were you juice fasting while you were juicing? If you were, what was your energy like only taking in green juices? You couldn't have been getting very many calories.

> > 2) how to juice fast. Should I keep it keto and
> > stick to green veggies or include fruits? Should
> I
> > take any additional supplements or oils?
> Fruit might work for some people, but for someone
> like me it didn't have the nutrition for deep
> healing when the body was not well. Definitely no
> need for oils...just go full on with green juice.
> Good oils from juices like chia grass, but
> fenugreek sprouts/wheatgrass/alfalfa
> grass/broccoli sprout juices etc are the big boys
> of healing. FRESH...not supermarket bought greens.
>
>
> Play it safe and do sprout juices. Veggie juices
> can contain high levels of tannins, oxalic acid
> and many other anti nutrients, and this can be a
> problem for some people, espcially when juicing
> large amounts over time.

That is what I was thinking. This sparks a few more questions.

1) Where did you learn how to juice that way? Do you know of a good online guide?

2) What about Kale and spinach? I thought those two were supposed to be great.

3) How does that taste? I don't know if you have ever tried spirulina, but I feel like that is probably my limit of taste tolerance.

4) Even if the supermarket has this stuff in the organic variety, it is no good? Where would you buy it at then? A farm? Would they all have this stuff year round?

> > 3) how big of a difference does it make what
> kind
> > of juicer you get? I know some are better for
> > different things, but how much better?
> Best to give yourself the best chance. Either get
> a manual slow turning juicer or get a very highend
> juicer. Mid end juicers like the Champion have
> faster spinning juice parts and are supposed to
> destroy up to 30% of the nutrition in the juice by
> the process.
>
>
> Also best to drink that juice within 15 minutes
> despite the crazy claims all these juice companies
> say about juice lasting for 2 days etc. Drink 8 oz
> of juice and then juice another 8 oz of juice -
> always do it in small sections.

I read that if you use a centrifugal juicer, you should drink it right away, but if you have a singlegear/masticating juicer it is good in the fridge for 24 hours, and 3.5 days if you have a twingear/titurating juicer as long as the container it is kept in is full and contains minimal oxygen.

I wouldn't go with a centrifugal since they aren't good for greens, but I still don't understand how much better the twingear is than the singlegear aside from storage time. I can find a good single gear juicer, the omega 8004 for $250, but most of the twin gear are $500 or more. I see some of these claiming they remove pesticides though, so I am interested, but I don't know if I believe it.

Date: June 27, 2013 09:58PM

Jason54 Wrote:

>
> Interesting, were you juice fasting while you were
> juicing? If you were, what was your energy like
> only taking in green juices? You couldn't have
> been getting very many calories.

I have this most days. Not juice fasting because l would also eat sprouted seeds and legumes etc. When l juice fast on weeds juice l always feel good and energetic.

>
> > > 2) how to juice fast. Should I keep it keto
> and
> > > stick to green veggies or include fruits?
Include fruits to make it easier for yourself. When you are a seasoned juicer faster you may want to leave out fruits and just do green juices.

> 1) Where did you learn how to juice that way? Do
> you know of a good online guide?
No guide, just did it myself.

>
> 2) What about Kale and spinach? I thought those
> two were supposed to be great.
Lots of science studies indicate many things when you read them. The old cultures learned to ferment their vegetables for a very good reason, because they knew about anti nutritional factors contained in these foods such as tannins and oxalic acid. Now...these anti nutrients aren't a problem for most people who eat these foods, but if you juice these foods regularly you can risk nutrient deficiencies of minerals and enzymes and even risk kidney stones long term among other health problems.

Here is something l wtote on vegetables last night:
Fermenting is an extremely important food prepartion tool, and our forefathers knew exactly why. Lots of natural toxins in plant foods, such as oxalic acid, tannins, pytic acid, uric acid and many many other things which cultures have found to be a hinderance to human health, that's one of the main reasons why food preparation methods come into being. People would eat vegetables during summer and get symptoms of illness, but when they would ferment vegetables for winter they started to observe that the same symptoms didn't occur, so they became wise to proper food preparation methods. l can't express enough how impprtant fermented preparations of vegetables are....it makes an un-natural food acceptable.

Harsh fiber in vegetables = hard to chew + hard to digest + can damage lining of stomach and intestines
Toxins in vegetables = many that can reduce health over time, especially when juiced.

BUT....fermentation solves many of these problems if one insists on eating such dubious adult foods like vegetables. Babies are better (sprouts), but mums (vegetables and weeds) can be tamed via fermentation and taken in control.

Vegetable eaters are losing the race because they are buying their vegetables, eating their vegetables, blending their vegetables and juicing their vegetables, but very few are fermenting their vegetables or doing any sprouting. It's time we brought the old food prepartion methods of the wise men back to the forefront to save mankind and help heir thrive.

>
> 3) How does that taste? I don't know if you have
> ever tried spirulina, but I feel like that is
> probably my limit of taste tolerance.
The sprout juices are far more potent and fresh over the dubious vegetable juices. Also, be careful with spirulina, that is also high in tannins and must be used sparingly. Taste buds can be trained towards tolerating the more potent foods if you give yourself a chance.

>
> 4) Even if the supermarket has this stuff in the
> organic variety, it is no good? Where would you
> buy it at then? A farm? Would they all have this
> stuff year round?
See post above about fiber and juicing. There are better choices.

>
>
> > > 3) how big of a difference does it make what
> > kind
> > > of juicer you get? I know some are better for
> > > different things, but how much better?
> > Best to give yourself the best chance. Either
> get
> > a manual slow turning juicer or get a very
> highend
> > juicer. Mid end juicers like the Champion have
> > faster spinning juice parts and are supposed to
> > destroy up to 30% of the nutrition in the juice
> by
> > the process.
> >
> >
> > Also best to drink that juice within 15 minutes
> > despite the crazy claims all these juice
> companies
> > say about juice lasting for 2 days etc. Drink 8
> oz
> > of juice and then juice another 8 oz of juice -
> > always do it in small sections.
>
> I read that if you use a centrifugal juicer, you
> should drink it right away, but if you have a
> singlegear/masticating juicer it is good in the
> fridge for 24 hours, and 3.5 days if you have a
> twingear/titurating juicer as long as the
> container it is kept in is full and contains
> minimal oxygen.
>
> I wouldn't go with a centrifugal since they aren't
> good for greens, but I still don't understand how
> much better the twingear is than the singlegear
> aside from storage time. I can find a good single
> gear juicer, the omega 8004 for $250, but most of
> the twin gear are $500 or more. I see some of
> these claiming they remove pesticides though, so I
> am interested, but I don't know if I believe it.

Get what you can afford. A highend juicer is best if you plan to do lots of daily juicing.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: June 27, 2013 10:09PM

We get taught many dubious practices by our raw food leaders - blending, eating raw vegetables, juicing raw vegetables, eating unripe bought fruit (most of it available today) that is weeks or months old and not emphasing omega 3's to properly balance the fats etc. We are making the raw diet much harder than it needs to be on ourselves. It's time the dubious teachings were exposed and we learn to eat the better foods and techniques to prepare healthy food.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:21AM

hey sproutman

can u tell us which veggies u ferment and what method u use
is it on your site?
not sure which category to look at because most of them have "sprout" and not "ferment" as the title

so.... sprouted veggies don't have any of the oxalic acids or tannins or anti nutrients?

which should be avoided

can u list the top 10 ( or more) that you sprout and juice

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables