Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cultured nut butter
Posted by: AndrewH ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:32PM

A few months ago, I met a guy at a party who was just moving back from ten years living in LA. He said that a big thing in the raw community there is cultured nut butter. That is, nut butter cultured with water kefir (tibicos) water/grains. He said it is a big cheese substitute.

Well, I made a mental note, and now have time to look into it. First of all, I wish I had exchanged emails with him.. I looked it up online a little at the time, and found enough that I thought I could easily find info when I went looking. Well, now I'm looking, and having a hard time finding anything about cultured nut butter, and definitely nothing on how to do it.

So... anyone out there have an opinion on the subject, or - better yet - a link to some instructions on how to do this? I am hopeful about making some out-of-this-world pesto..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cultured nut butter
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:45PM

The Sproutarian Man is your guy. He's talked about making fermented nuts, so maybe it's related to cultured nut butter -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables