Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dulse - a true winner
Date: June 04, 2013 01:23AM

Haven't had Dulse in ages, but in the last week l have been having two large tablespoons in a glass of water and drinking on an empty stomach. WOW...l felt the difference in the mind immediately the first night, the mind now feels really electrofied and more active than ever (l feel very different). Something is in dulse that even the best land foods (sprouts/grasses) don't contain, and not even the finest water foods like green and blue green algaes contain some of the magic in Dulse. When l have more time l will talk about what scientists have been finding in Dulse, it's a very special food and it's colour is highly important imo.

Weeds, dulse, algaes, kelps, sea weeds, grasses, sprouts = so important because they have their individual goodies like your vegetables and fruits will never provide. If you aren't getting those foods into you on a regular basis you are truely missing out. Forget the half dead packaged superfoods with all their marketing, the sea weeds, weeds, grasses, sprouts and algaes are the true super foods....all have their high levels of electromagnetic vibrations in place, and something like packaged chia, shop bought nuts/fruits/vegetables could never provide that, not even close to providing what those foods l mentioned do.

At the end of the day we need to forget the manmade science on vitamins and minerals and all the rest of the nonsense and forget about gurus promoting nonsense in the raw movement and just try and experience things for ourselves. Compare the raw vegie juices to the sprout juices over a month and see if you can feel the difference. Add in some sea weeds and see if it makes a difference. Combine the food properly and eat the foods l mentioned first before a heavier meal, and see if it makes a difference. l know it makes a HUGE difference, but do you?

The most important of all the foods are sprout/weed/grass juices. lf you don't have that for the basis of the diet then all those other great foods will only do so much. Those potent juices will get you 70% of the way there imo, and the other foods mentioned are just top ups for the other 30%. All the other foods like vegies/grains and most fruit are just the fun foods we are all addicted too (party foods), but they are still important because of the physiological addiction we have to those low level foods.

We eat raw to become at a higher functioning level, not just because we prefer raw over cooked, so if we are eating raw we want to be adding in the highest level foods so we can get the true benefits of raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dulse - a true winner
Date: June 04, 2013 01:24AM

Had three large tablespoons of Dulse in a big cup of filtered water straight after having a large tablespoon of AFA blue green algae. Yet again the Dulse impacted the brain significantly. lt feels like my brain is using parts it has never used before, it feels clean and electrofied and really active. l feel like l have a mastermind. Weeds are great for the brain too, but it has nothing on Dulse. Maybe that's why they have Dulse available for each meal at the world famous Hippocrates Health Institute, there is something pretty special about that food and l am going to make sure l have it five days a week from now on.

Here are some notes l took a long time ago about water based super foods:

The sea vegetables have more ability to pick up the rays from the sun because the salt water dispurses the sunlight into many different rays of lights.

Dulse is a shallow water algae so it has the most sunlight from the land and in the water, that is why it is purple (U.V rays at very high levels). Btw: the highest energy field is actually purple…it’s even higher than green...it's the true spiritual colour.

AFA/Chlorella picks up different rays of light and are different colours. Therefore Dulse picks up a certain frequency wave and the algaes pick up other frequences.

Fresh raw foods give off frequency. This is what keeps away disease or burns it out.

Make of the above notes what you will, none-the-less it makes for an interesting read.

lt's funny too, AFA blue-green algae have the purple colour in it and it does impact the mind, but to a much lesser extent. But full on purple water based super foods really seem to elevate the mind and impact the spiritual in my experience. The third eye is strong right now, but it always is around full moon time. lf it is still strong in a few weeks it could well be true that Dulse is the spiritual food that people like Dr Brian Clement claim it to be.

Something very different about Dulse...much different to the other water based foods. lt's a true winner and l think HHI and Dr Clement are onto something, and l think the highlighted stuff above may not be so crazy afterall.

Todays treats - notice how light effects the AFA blue-green algae drink on the far right (see above and below photo...blue drink turns purple when light is on it. It also changes colour when you view it from different angles. WOW). Not all drinks are in the picture, just some of them. The perfect way to set up a day nutritionally.
1st cup = wakame
2nd cup = clover sprout juice (have a couple of those)
3rd cup = Nori sea weed
4th cup = AFA blue green algae

Later will be the sprouted sesame seed milk and a few apples.

If you eat like this you only need one proper meal a day (sprouted seeds/nut milk) and you'll find it very very easy to build muscle with minimal effort.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 01:25AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 04, 2013 01:28AM

Pictures of the most potent family of foods on Earth - the fresh water based algae foods

Spirulina blue green algae (top left) - third most effective algae according to 25 years of clinical research at HHI using over 100,000 people as subjects. But must be used sparingly because it contains high levels of tannins and phosphorous.

AFA blue-green algae (top right) - most potent land food discovered and by far the most effective food used according to 15 years of clinical research. Scientific research on this algae is simply astounding...could write all day about this food.

Chlorella green algae (botton of pic) - second most effective algae according to 25 years of clinical research at HHI using over 100,000 people as subjects.Essential for the modern age as a cleanser of heavy metal pollution. This is such an amazing food that l could easily write 100,000 words on this. It's my personal favourite.

Pictures of the second most potent family of foods on Earth - the ocean based foods

Dulse purple algae (left) - great for energy, mind and spirit. The clear winner!!!

Nori (right)

Wakame purple algae (left) - mind and energy food

Kelp (right) - a very strong

Please note: the foods above need to be soaked in water so the swell up and become soft. Now...being the most potent foods doesn't mean that we should be only surviving on those foods, it doesn't work that way. These foods are the top offs to the diet. Land foods should always be the primary foods with the water based foods used in small amounts to complete the diet to maximise the possibility of getting full nutrition and health.

Diet levels - founded on 55 years of clinical research at HHI

Level one = common fruit, vegetable, nut seed diet (all raw)
Level two = sprout diet/weed diet (all raw)
Level three = sprout/weed/grass diet (all raw)
Level four = sprout/weed/grass/sea weeds diet (all raw)
Level five = sprout/weed/grass/sea weeds/fresh water algaes diet

There is also a Level six, but this forum is not the place to go writing about that because it gets into spiritual talk about harnessing sound and light vibrations.

The water based foods have a unique cellular structure that helps keep the electomagnetic frequency in the foods for up to two years according to Dr Hunt. Land foods start losing it within seconds of being harvested.

Sorry for bombing the forum with a mass of posts, but l don't have much time to post here. l only with to provide something for folks to think about. l am well aware that high fruit diets and shop boiught veggies do work for some people, but l always promote a diet for mere mortals, not super men who can almost live on fruit.

Sunday night dinner - weeds and basic flowers (a big bag full that should make over 42 oz of juice)

Dandelion weed

Flowers

Cheese weed

Thistles (My favourite)

Also got stinging nettle prickles.

If Monsanto continue their depopulation agenda by poisoning our organic food supplies, we may have no option but to be eating the weeds and grasses as our main foods in the near future. Weeds and grasses will always give us hope through the hard times when no other foods can be had. This knowledge is pure power, and this diet leaves us with options when there are no other options available.

Date: June 04, 2013 01:29AM

Final post - the power of Dulse IS working wonders.

Here are some notes l took a long time ago about water based super foods:

The sea vegetables have more ability to pick up the rays from the sun because the salt water dispurses the sunlight into many different rays of lights.

Dulse is a shallow water algae so it has the most sunlight from the land and in the water, that is why it is purple (U.V rays at very high levels). Btw: the highest energy field is actually purple…it’s even higher than green...it's the true spiritual colour.

AFA/Chlorella picks up different rays of light and are different colours. Therefore Dulse picks up a certain frequency wave and the algaes pick up other frequences.

Fresh raw foods give off frequency. This is what keeps away disease or burns it out.

[/QUOTE]
l had written an entire page of great findings on dulse and l lost everything, and l am not about to write it all again because l could never word it in the way l did, so l will keep it short.

In short, everything mentioned about Dulse having the highest frequency is absolutely true, because since having Dulse in good amounts on most days, the sound and light frequencies l have experienced have been stronger than ever, and the sound vibrations can be clearly heard 24/7 and the third eye is active 24/7. As a sound and light practioner, the spiritual elevation is getting higher and higher constantly, and the light is bringing more love and wisdom and underderstanding in ones self more than ever before - it is like doing powerful mediation constantly, even while working.

In short, Dulse does contain some of the most sunlight and electrical charge of any foods, and this was discovered because of the testing done at UCLA in the 1970's by Professor Dr Valerie Hunt. This is highly significant for health because we are bioelectric, that's why fresh raw greens and sea vegetables work so well. It is not just about vitamins and minerals anymore (that is dark ages thinking), it has much to do with frequencies and sunlight. Even as l type this l can hear the universal sound vibrations and it's elevating my consciousness more and more. It's incredible. Nothing touches Dulse for electrical charge imo, and the quoted part above does apply to my experiences.

Other highly charged five star foods are weeds, wheatgrass, algaes, sea vegetables, sunflower greens, buckwheat lettuce, pea shoot greens - all emit high electrical frequency and trapped sunlight. Next down the list are sprout greens such as alafalfa sprouts, clover sprouts, chia greens, fenugreek sprouts etc. Further down the list are freshly picked raw green vegetables and are classified as three star foods. Much further down the list are store bought greens...could even be one star at best, maybe even zero star (depends how old they are), and could even be negatvive zero star in some cases, and this could explain why many vegans struggle with the raw diet - they are having old shop bought produce and dehydrated older grains and nuts and seeds and eating packaged foods high in rancid fats and become tired because these foods are probably negative one star foods and hence are drawing from the body instead of charging the body with frequency. Food needs to be fresh for best results, but it also needs to be highly nutritious and contain good amounts of sunlight, this is why greens are so important!

The green and purple foods high inm frequency ARE the foods to have. LOTS of green juices and LOTS of green especially, and LOTS of blue food = a winning combination of the highest possible order, it's life changing! The sprouted grains and seeds like 1 day sprouted sunflower or 2 day sprouted sesame or 3 - 4 day sprouted chia lowers the level somewhat, but we all live in the real world and we need something meaty to fill us up. But the main thing is to focus on the greens, blues and purple sea vegetables, and use green juices as the main base for the diet because that's what sets everything up properly. lt's hard work growing lots of green sprouts to be able to juice 24 - 40 oz of juice daily, but your efforts are well rewarded.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 04, 2013 01:48AM

I feel high just reading your Inspirational posts smiling smiley

Thanks!

Date: June 04, 2013 02:00AM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel high just reading your Inspirational posts
> smiling smiley
>
> Thanks!

Thanks man. l can't recommend this way of eating enough, nothing touches it. No hunger either.

In regards to calories...what people need to do is do weight resistance exercises and then follow up with a big sprouted green juice and algaes immediately and then folow up 20 minutes later with a nice big sprouted seed milk high in amino acids - this builds muscle. When you see that happening you realise that the calorie theory is a manmade science and is not the truest of truth. Now...the antiquated calorie theory does seem to apply to most diets, but only those diets lower in electrical frequency and nutrition and amino acids (eg, fruit and vegetables, packaged and dehydrated foods), but it doesn't apply to a high frequency high sunlight high nutrient fresh diet of weeds, sea vegetables, algae sprout diet.

Look at the cow. He eats fresh grass low in calories, yet he maintains good weight and muscle. People may say he gets anough calories because he eats a lot, but there is much more to the story than that...it is the high frequency sunlight food, and sproutarians prove this.

At first we sproutarians need to have the sprouted grains, sprouted seeds, sprouted nuts and sprouted legumes, but over time we need much less, BUT we still need the high amino acids foods especially after weight resistance exercises otherwise we get too thin.

The sea weeds, algaes, grasses, green sprout juices and sprouted seeds are very important in our diet.

There is a lot of stuff promoted by raw gurus as truth, but is it sustainable for most people living in this day and age? l promote a safe diet for the 21st century...a diet that provides the finest land and water based foods with maximum nutrition to minimise failure. The only real drawback to this diet is the hard work to grow all the foods, but it IS worth it! We also need to be very careful of much of the material writtin on the internet about sprouted foods, it is a very misunderstood diet and some of the studies are highly floored such as the well known alfalfa sprout study concluding it was a toxic food. l wish l could go on and on, but time is scarce. Just wanted to share some info.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 02:07AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 04, 2013 02:34AM

I gag when I smell seaweeds. Glad you are enjoying your diet, though.

Date: June 04, 2013 02:45AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> I gag when I smell seaweeds. Glad you are
> enjoying your diet, though.

The key is to train the tastebuds. The best way to do this is to start by eating lots of alfalfa (a HUGE bowl every night)...it will start changing the taste buds within the week. Then you add sprouted mung beans. Soon the taste buds are different. Then you start blending green sprouts and bean sprouts on a 30 second blend and only half taste the food for the first month or two. This is when the buds get ready for the strongest foods available and canb easily tolerate weed juice and kelp with no problem.

l love my kelp juice and l love my weed juice. We can train ourselves to eat these foods and we don't have to be miserable doing it. We don't obsess about food...we surpass that level on the sproutarian diet...we don't use foods as comfort, we just fill up and get on with our day and concentrate on peforming at the highest level possible. The sprout diet is like filling up the car with petrol, but still, we put much love into growing our foods.

When you have this diet you truely live to your true potential in every way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 02:46AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 04, 2013 02:22PM

Nah, I'll just eat things that are naturally good like fruits and vegetables. smiling smiley

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 04, 2013 04:00PM

I eat about a handful of sprouts daily in my green smoothie for the past year, but the problem is - I don't like the taste of sprouts by themselves. I don't like most raw vegetables. In smoothies and juicing, I have to put in some type of fruit so it tastes OK.

You said to eat some alfalfa sprouts by themselves for a month. I'll do that and see what happens. I sometimes buy sprouts; they're from a great source. Why don't you want people to buy sprouts - because they're not as fresh?

[www.sunnycreekfarm.com]

Also, broccoli sprouts are 'spicy' and when I put them in a smoothie, they make my stomach hurt or something. Do you think spicy sprouts are good to eat?

I have a couple sprouting devices -- the Easy Sprouter, Miniature Garden Sprouter, and the Sprout Master. Which of those do you like? What sprouting method do you use?

I'm checking out your website to get more info.

Thanks.

Date: June 04, 2013 09:36PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Utopian Life Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nah, I'll just eat things that are naturally
> good
> > like fruits and vegetables. smiling smiley
>
>
> I don't know what is so natural about most modern
> store bought fruits/veggies.

---
i don't know, either.

Date: June 05, 2013 12:26AM

KidRaw Wrote:

>
> Also, broccoli sprouts are 'spicy' and when I put
> them in a smoothie, they make my stomach hurt or
> something. Do you think spicy sprouts are good to
> eat?

You bet your sweet boots they are.
>
> I have a couple sprouting devices -- the Easy
> Sprouter, Miniature Garden Sprouter, and the
> Sprout Master. Which of those do you like? What
> sprouting method do you use?

l use soil based greens, trays and jars. Truely though, l need to upgrade my sprouting methods. l promote the cheap way of sprouting, but i'm going to start promoting a more advanced way too.

>
> I'm checking out your website to get more info.
>
> Thanks.

The website still needs lots of work. l have got soooo much stuff to write, it will take a long time to put everything up. Please be patient and check into our site regularly, all the good stuff is coming....just got to get everything out of my head onto paper [so to speak].

Date: June 05, 2013 12:34AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> IMO the taste of sprouts or other 'strong/potent'
> healthy foods are not going to taste all that good
> when you're eating all the other stuff.
>
> I know this because I've gone low carb for a while
> enough to know that after some time things that
> aren't 'normally' sweet start to taste sweet and I
> can enjoy them much more. Plus since the body is
> clean there would be no negative reaction to it
> because of it's strong potency.
>
> IMO it has to do with a clean body and nourished
> body... often the condition of the gut changes the
> taste and cravings (or lack of craving) for food.

We are taught to baby our taste buds with dehydrated foods, vegetables, bad combinations, fruits in smoothies etc. But l say if you want the top diet you need to move on from that and ditch the party foods (the easy to eat less nutritious foods) and take raw full on and embrace the taste.

I am nothing special...I used to eat meat and junk like most of us, but now the strong flavours of the sprout/algae/seaweed diet don't bother me one bit, l really enjoy it. Everyone can do it if they want. Just half taste the food to start off, then you start feeling great power, then you get inspired to keep on going, and before you know it you feel satisfied with the strong taste. And then one day you try spinach juice and can't even taste it because it tastes like drinking water and does little for you (it's weak and gutless), so you ditch vegetables forever because you realise that Dr Hunt was spot on when she said that sprouts are far more nutritious than mature plants.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 12:37AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 05, 2013 02:49AM

Those high amino acid foods like sprouted greens, sea vegeatbles and chlorella will always kill the sugar cravings and make it much easier to stick with a good diet.

Many folks may require juicing some vegetables (carrots) with sprouts when first starting out. It would make it a much easier transition. If people don't like the strong lingering taste they might want to juice 30 ml of carrot juice to end the juicing session.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 02:54AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 05, 2013 04:49AM

Sprouted Chia smoothie (nothing else added) put on a 30 second blend and consumed after kelp juice, dulse and AFA blue-green algae - the ultimate way to build muscle after some resistance exercise

lt's put on a nice big tray and sprouted for about 3 - 4 days. All l do is scrape it off with a spoon, easy! Soon l get the really good Bolivian seeds and start growing chia grass again.

l should be eating it, but sometimes it's hard when you are busy. Sprouting reduces the oxalic acid and greatly increases all types of vitamins and breaks the fats down into highly available fatty acids and breaks the protein into amino acids etc etc. It's better as grass, but we need something solid too.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 04:57AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 05, 2013 11:04AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Seaweed tastes blah, I wonder how you get it
> down.

Give it some time, it's not too bad at all. You might want to try nori or wakami, that's much more mellow.

>
> Do you just drink the whole thing without chewing?

No way, the food is far too good to waste. l chew it very very carefully. l drink most of my food so the sea weeds give me a chance to give my jaw a good workout.

Eventhough l drink most of my food l still chew it and swish around in my mouth.

> Do you add it to another food?
l will have an algae, then follow immediately with a sea vegetable and then follow immediately with a sprouted seed paste, or follow the algaes and sea weeds with sprouted beans/lentils and then with a sprouted grain (sometimes the beans/lentils will follow the grain). l always layer my food and eat one at a time. l start with the easiest to digest and end with the most difficult.

>
> I would soak the seaweeds but I thought the soak
> water would still be useable?

lt is a good idea to disgard the water (high in salt) and use on other sprouts or plants. l just eat the sea weeds in the soak water and disgard it later.

>
> I also get super worried about dulse since often
> times I'll find some crustaceans in there.

That is a problem, l don't like that about it either. Got to be careful when you chew. Always two or three lumps per serving, but it IS worth it.

One sprouted drink l can't stand is sprouted millet milk. lt is one of the foulest drinks you've ever had...it's a real shocker. Another aweful milk is rye milk...blurk. l can tolerate wheat sprout milk occasionally but l also tire of that quickly. The only decent sprouted grain milk is barley milk. l am not a huge sprouted grain fan, but l can tolerate it and use it as a filler for carbs and energy. l have a whole 5kg sack of millet (bird seed) - it's the most horrible drink but l will have it before lentil or bean sprouts. l can't tolerate an amaranth or quinoa anymore...just one mouthful and l am violently sick...even the thought of quinoa or amaranth sprouts makes me want to vomit.

l can tolerate all other drinks easy, but grain sprouts (especially millet milk) is hideous, but gee it makes me feel good later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 11:13AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: June 21, 2013 05:33PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

The Sproutarian Man are you super healthy? It seems like you are doing all the right things?

Date: June 21, 2013 10:24PM

madinah Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
>
> The Sproutarian Man are you super healthy? It
> seems like you are doing all the right things?

like with anything, l am improving more and more everyday. l don't like to say too much because the negative forces will try and sabotage me. l am doing o.k, but it doesn't mean l have arrived and can rest on my laurels because the raw food diet always takes effort and one can never take for granted that they will stay this way forever...because we all have challenges that life will throw at us, so we must monitor ourselves constantly. Things can go downhill very quickly with a raw vegan diet when we neglect small things.

Good sleep patterns is a must, a sound spiritual mind is a must, exercise is a must...especially on a low calorie diet - if l neglect weight resistance exercise for a week the weight will strip off me, so it is a constant committment to keep that weight stable and build myself up, and being busy providing raw food education makes the lifestyle an extra tough thing to do because it means less time to focus on myself.

The raw food lifestyle is always a challenge that can't be underestimated. l am doing all the right things, but the challenge is to keep on doing all the right things. One thing l do need to improve is my vitamin D levels, but l know how to do that and will work on that in coming months.

Distractions is the biggest problem for many raw food vegans. We can't live in that matrix world...we need to find like minded friends. When you reach higher levels you can't go watching t.v, reading newspapers and being drawn into so much human emotion of doom and gloom and doing all those things....it's a different type of lifestyle because you leave all that behind. You become one with the cosmos and the physical is only a small part of you. When you get to a certain point it is all about the mind and soul, but you still need to maintain the body.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: June 21, 2013 10:34PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> When you have seaweeds, like dulse.. you said you
> dump out the water but you also say you 'have it
> in a glass of water' which kind of sounds like you
> still have it with water, as if drunk but yet
> still chewed as you say. Sounds weird but this
> makes me wonder if you also eat other seaweeds
> straight from the soaking water.
>
> I couldn't make kelp juice with the kelp granules
> I have.. bleh..
>
> How much kelp do you recommend ie in tblsp? or how
> much kelp to water ratio?

With Dulse flakes l just consume the water that the dulse has been soaking in (that and the kelp are the only ones l do this with). l also make sure l chew the dulse very very well from the glass and have it before a main meal.

With other sea vegetables l eat out of a bowl on it's own and then discard the soak water later.

Try to find kelp powder and put three teaspoons in a 250 ml glass of water. Lt will mix down to a liquified drink. BUT make sure you still chew that juice and swish it around your mouth. Always have a calm mind, maybe even shut your eyes and meditate while drinking the most powerful drinks, and try not to talk while consuming those important drinks. Always sit down and focus.

Life is just a test and a game, so try not to buy into all the un-necessary emotions of worry and stress that most folks have. Lots of things don't go our way...so what??? Don't buy into nonsense and try not to worry about anything. What is, IS! That IS the key...if you can get to that point you are doing well.

Materialism is a big killer because it makes us slaves to manmade fictions (money), and money is a lie, and a lie is a curse. Money brings worry so best to live a simple life and serve others where we don't need to be working so many hours to slave for that manmade fiction (money). Money was only invented so certain people could take more than their fair share by putting others in contracts and tax them, but we don't even need money...we only need the resources of the land and labour. Lets never forget that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2013 10:44PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 22, 2013 02:46AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

>
> There is also a Level six, but this forum is not
> the place to go writing about that because it gets
> into spiritual talk about harnessing sound and
> light vibrations.
>

> __________________

Sproutarian Man Id be interested in talking more with you about this , for the last few months I was having a horrible time getting to sleep (huge amount of work stress) and was looking for some sleep meditation stuff online and found a program that utilizes Binaural, Monaural and Isochronic beats offset to different background white noise of your choosing. Ive been getting amazing deep sleeps from this as well as some other side effects.

let me know how I can contact you. smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 22, 2013 07:21AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> >
> > There is also a Level six, but this forum is
> not
> > the place to go writing about that because it
> gets
> > into spiritual talk about harnessing sound and
> > light vibrations.
> >
>
> > __________________
>
> Sproutarian Man Id be interested in talking more
> with you about this , for the last few months I
> was having a horrible time getting to sleep (huge
> amount of work stress) and was looking for some
> sleep meditation stuff online and found a program
> that utilizes Binaural, Monaural and Isochronic
> beats offset to different background white noise
> of your choosing. Ive been getting amazing deep
> sleeps from this as well as some other side
> effects.
>
> let me know how I can contact you. smiling smiley

Quality meditation is extremely hard to achieve in this world, but l will p.m you tomorrow. l consider myself very very lucky - it's the greatest gift to be able to harness sound and light vibrations because very few can. This ability doesn't happen by accident, you must be the right type of person who is ready. It's not for most people, only for people who are truely ready.

Date: June 22, 2013 10:14PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> >
> > There is also a Level six, but this forum is
> not
> > the place to go writing about that because it
> gets
> > into spiritual talk about harnessing sound and
> > light vibrations.
> >
>
> > __________________
>
> Sproutarian Man Id be interested in talking more
> with you about this , for the last few months I
> was having a horrible time getting to sleep (huge
> amount of work stress) and was looking for some
> sleep meditation stuff online and found a program
> that utilizes Binaural, Monaural and Isochronic
> beats offset to different background white noise
> of your choosing. Ive been getting amazing deep
> sleeps from this as well as some other side
> effects.
>
> let me know how I can contact you. smiling smiley

l have noticed l can't P.M you here, so....can you register with my website and l will send you my email address for direct contact. Sorry about the hassle. l can always delete your account at my site later. Let me know what you want to do.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 02, 2013 07:10AM

dulse is yummy
yummy
yummy for my tummy
yummy
yummy
feeds my brain a purple light
let's me continue this little
flight

Posted by: Ivi rose ()
Date: July 02, 2013 04:07PM

This is some eye opening information. I never thought about consuming dulse in water like that. I saw some other stuff I can do, too. I just tried the dulse drink and it wasn't bad. I don't know if it's my imagination, but my sinuses started clearing up, I didn't even realize I had any blockage in that area.
Thanks for the info, Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 03, 2013 04:22PM

If reading about sea vegetables has taught me anything, there is both promise and peril and one really needs to know what one is doing with these magnificient foods.

To assure adequate iodine intake from a natural whole food source, I use dulse flakes two to three times per week and then check once a year or more if needed on my blood levels and thyroid levels using directlabs.com

My first slap in the face on being careful with sea vegetables came with hijiki and arsenic intake. I still continued to take my dulse flakes and use agar agar as a thickener/binder alternative to gelatin. I eat wakame or kombu about twice a month, usually in salads. I avoid taking sea vegetables more often than that to avoid a risk of developing goiter. [www.whfoods.com] To each their own. Sea veggies are very valuable but need to be watched carefully to avoid iodine excess. At 1100 mg, not hard to hit and then your thyroid is the victim. Stay strong Stay safe. Paul

Date: July 03, 2013 11:26PM

pborst Wrote:
> If reading about sea vegetables has taught me
> anything, there is both promise and peril and one
> really needs to know what one is doing with these
> magnificient foods.

Yes.

>
I still continued to take my dulse flakes
> and use agar agar as a thickener/binder
> alternative to gelatin. I eat wakame or kombu
> about twice a month, usually in salads. I avoid
> taking sea vegetables more often than that to
> avoid a risk of developing goiter.
> [www.whfoods.com];
> dbid=69 To each their own. Sea veggies are
> very valuable but need to be watched carefully to
> avoid iodine excess. At 1100 mg, not hard to hit
> and then your thyroid is the victim. Stay strong
> Stay safe. Paul

Hi Paul,

have you suffered problems from taking too much sea vegetable? Some people do suffer problems from regular intakes, but many people seem to be o.k according to the things l have read and according to Dr Clement.

Here is Dr Clement discussing this problem:
[www.youtube.com]

> My first slap in the face on being careful with
> sea vegetables came with hijiki and arsenic
> intake.
Are you saying that the sea vegetables elevated your arsenic levels to unsafe levels?

Testing done in Japan is supposed to show that the absorption of heavy metals from polluted waters from sea vegetables is minimal to non existant due to the unique celluliar structure of sea vegetables.

SeaWeed Contamination With Heavy Metals?
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 04, 2013 02:14AM

Generally, heavy metals are not a problem in sea vegetables. Arsenic in hijiki is the exception. [www.cfs.gov.hk] Back in 2004, the Canadians and the British issued warnings on hijiki consumption based on high levels of inorganic arsenic above daily safety tolerances. It's too bad because hijiki had a very mild flavor. I use arame instead now. It's similar and is even milder.

I talked with Chris (powerlifer) a while back on the iodine issue. They have set an 1100 microgram daily upper limit. I have never personally had either a thyroid function issue or arsenic problem with sea vegetables. But I tend to use them like condiments, once every few days, twice a week rather than daily.

I like dulse flakes on salad for color and iodine. I enjoy the bright green wakame on my salad and use agar as a thickener and binder in making vegan cheese and deserts. I know sea vegetables can contain other heavy metals such as lead and cadmium. But these levels are generally very low in trace amounts. I have heard that sea vegetables are excellent for detoxifying esp radiation. I know I had this discussion on here a while back with someone regarding irish moss and Fukishima. I explained that irish moss is an atlantic sea vegetable and Fukishima nuclear disaster is pacific, moreover did not impact sea vegetable cultivation in Japan.

Paul

Date: July 04, 2013 09:52PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> I think there is something to being careful with
> seaweeds. I think I may be starting to show
> symptoms of excess intake.. and it may be smtg I
> should look at, as I think it contributes to my
> fatigue during training.
>
> Could also be due to heavy metals being chelated,
> Im not sure. But I do specifically will feel pain,
> and feel out of breath originating from my thyroid
> area. I thought it would be a lack of iodine
> intake yet it seems to come when I'm taking the
> seaweeds... which can only mean I'm probably
> taking too much at a time contributing to
> hypothyroidism.

Why not cut it back for a while and see if there is a difference. You may be one of those people who can't take too much of it.

l thrive on sea vegetables.

Dulse is such a perfect food for man. The most spiritual food and the easiest sea weed to access because it grows in shallow water, and easy to digest. Also contains good carbihydrate levels, protein, minerals and all the other goodies. lt's such a blessing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 09:54PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 05, 2013 02:55AM

pborst Wrote:
> Generally, heavy metals are not a problem in sea
> vegetables. Arsenic in hijiki is the exception.
> [www.cfs.gov.hk]
> rafs/programme_rafs_fc_02_08.html Back in 2004,
> the Canadians and the British issued warnings on
> hijiki consumption based on high levels of
> inorganic arsenic above daily safety tolerances.

That is very very interesting. Luckily l have never trid that sea vegetable. Like with most foods, l think the key is to have small amounts in moderation.

Side comment
Many foods contain natural toxins, and many foods contain indigestable proteins, so we need to be careful to minimise our exposure to these foods and we need to be careful when juicing various foods, and we need to learn proper food prepartion techniques to minimise natural toxins. And if we can also eat highly digestable nutritious fresh foods with high electrical frequency and adjust so we can live on a low calorie diet and sustain well, this is a good way to be.

>
> I talked with Chris (powerlifer) a while back on
> the iodine issue. They have set an 1100
> microgram daily upper limit.

Yes. Iodine levels can build up so we need to be careful despite what Dr Clement may say.

>
> I like dulse flakes on salad for color and iodine.
> I enjoy the bright green wakame on my salad and
> use agar as a thickener and binder in making vegan
> cheese and deserts. I know sea vegetables can
> contain other heavy metals such as lead and
> cadmium. But these levels are generally very low
> in trace amounts. I have heard that sea
> vegetables are excellent for detoxifying esp
> radiation. I know I had this discussion on here
> a while back with someone regarding irish moss and
> Fukishima. I explained that irish moss is an
> atlantic sea vegetable and Fukishima nuclear
> disaster is pacific, moreover did not impact sea
> vegetable cultivation in Japan.
>
> Paul

Sea vegetables are really a great source of nutrition with a great calcium to phosphorous ratio, and well digested. And l especially love Dulse because it is a shallow water sea weed with easy access (a natural non hybrid food designed to help human beings) with a GREAT light vibration by the purple colour. It truely is one of the greatest foods we can have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 02:58AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 05, 2013 08:16AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> THeSt0rm Wrote:
> -----
> > The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I think there is something to being careful
> > > with
> > > > seaweeds. I think I may be starting to show
> > > > symptoms of excess intake.. and it may be
> > smtg
> > > I
> > > > should look at, as I think it contributes
> to
> > my
> > > > fatigue during training.
> > > >
> > > > Could also be due to heavy metals being
> > > chelated,
> > > > Im not sure. But I do specifically will
> feel
> > > pain,
> > > > and feel out of breath originating from my
> > > thyroid
> > > > area. I thought it would be a lack of
> iodine
> > > > intake yet it seems to come when I'm taking
> > the
> > > > seaweeds... which can only mean I'm
> probably
> > > > taking too much at a time contributing to
> > > > hypothyroidism.
> > >
> > > Why not cut it back for a while and see if
> > there
> > > is a difference. You may be one of those
> people
> > > who can't take too much of it.
> > >
> > > l thrive on sea vegetables.
> > >
> > > Dulse is such a perfect food for man. The
> most
> > > spiritual food and the easiest sea weed to
> > access
> > > because it grows in shallow water, and easy
> to
> > > digest. Also contains good carbihydrate
> levels,
> > > protein, minerals and all the other goodies.
> > lt's
> > > such a blessing.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, that sucks for me, I was relying on the
> kelp
> > and dulse for a large part of my potassium
> intake.
> > Now I don't know where to get that from... and
> > fruits seem to be the only option sad smiley. I'll
> still
> > include a minimum amount and see how much I can
> > take.
> >
> > Hmm... amaranth greens are said to have ok
> amount
> > of potassium. Look at these beautiful red
> amaranth
> > microgreens:
> >
> [www.osborneseed.com]
>
> > rout__amaranth_garnet.jpg
> >
> [www.the-foodist.com]
>
> > uts/red-amaranth-sprouts-amaranthus-blitum.jpg
> >
> [mvseeds.com]
>
> > amaranth__95774_zoom.jpg
> >
> [3.bp.blogspot.com]
>
> >
> AAAAAAAAAjg/wmQt2LmOsNc/s1600/micro+amaranth.JPG
> >
> > Not sure how long it takes to grow, I wonder if
> > they can even be grown in a jar. Beet
> microgreens
> > take 2-4 weeks! Both are expensive.
> >
> > I know it's the seaweed because I get the tired
> > feeling right after I take it, and I feel a
> bulge
> > in my thyroid. I wonder what can fix this...
> >
> > I would be taking as I said before, 3 heaping
> > tblsp of dulse, approx 7 g of kelp (well I dont
> > measure I just try to follow serving size on
> bag),
> > 4 tbslp of wakame, and 2-3 nori sheets. I know
> > that the kelp and dulse have the most iodine of
> > them all.
> >
> > Do you think all this seaweed is too much?
>
>
> re: the potassium
> sprouted hulled sunflower seeds (which are hard to
> find with good consistency ie without being
> chipped and browned)
Yes, it is hard to find consistent unhulled sunflower seeds good for sprouting. Still, just sprout for one day so they don't oxidise and then soak for a day or two.

>
> or the mung beans again. I can try just a small
> bit perhaps. I wont go over 1/4 cup probably.
>
> Any suggestions?
Sprout the mung beans in complete darkness and up until the rabbit ears first start appearing. This is about the best you can do with those.

Probably best to avoid the adzuki in your situation because they have a harsher fiber.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables