Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

radish juice for thyroid
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 08, 2009 03:09AM

Anyone heard about this? Juiced radishes are supposedly potent enough to cure an underactive thyroid. i'd love to know if anyone has had success with this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: radish juice for thyroid
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:13PM

I have never heard this either, but would be very interested to know if it is true, I have tried everything else.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:56PM

I've heard it too. Just wanted to add, I think the best ones are supposed to be black radishes, which are very, very strong.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 09, 2009 04:39PM

Has anyone got a favorite radish juice drink ? I'm thinking of trying maybe radish/carrot or radish/apple ? Has anyone tried those or any other radish combinations ?

Posted by: frances ()
Date: April 09, 2009 04:45PM

There's a soup recipe in Rawvolution where the liquid base is daikon radish juice. It's a faux chicken-noodle soup. It's not my favorite recipe of Matt Amsden's, but it's interesting and the daikon juice has an interesting flavor.

Maybe daikon isn't the most potent, but it might be easier to take in quantity.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 09, 2009 05:34PM

dang if my radishes grow like last year im not sure i could drink them without diluting them with something ... last year ive never had radishes so hot .. and they were just from standard seed that i buy same as everyyear .. no idea why they were so hot but the first one i bit into nearly ripped my face off lol ..either they were especially pungent or my tastebuds were especially sensitive last year lol

i loves the radishes tho smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 09, 2009 05:54PM

I don't think drinking radish juice would be very healthful..some are very strong and would need diluting at best.

For thyroid try eating things that have soaked up Iodine, seaweeds, sea veggies, etc. I take Lugols Iodine everyday, about 5 drops per day in a half glass of water. It's the kind that you can take internally, which is not the kind you find in drug stores that have alcohol in them and other things.

Do some research on Iodine for thyroid, it's all very interesting.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2009 06:00PM

Try radish, leaves and all mixed with romaine lettuce. Awesome!

Date: April 10, 2009 01:17AM

THanks for all the great posts, folks.

I have been making my daily radish juice now three days straight. have yet to find the dark ones. The red ones from Whole Foods are not too hot straight up.

Thanks fr the Lugol's advice, I am familiar with it. Wasnt enough to get me off my Armour/Cytomel, but I will try it again.

Right now I am juicefeasting and a bit worried all those cruciferous juices might do a number on my gland. There comes radish juice to the rescue smiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 10, 2009 02:56AM

Here's some interesting info about radishes: [www.innvista.com]

Right now I am juicefeasting and a bit worried all those cruciferous juices might do a number on my gland.

It says that radishes are in the cabbage family of plants so maybe they share properties in common ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2009 03:01AM by EZ rider.

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 10, 2009 04:40AM

oooh... I might help.. smiling smiley

I have a book by John Heinerman.. "Encyclopedia of Healing Juices"...

Therapeutic Benefits:

Constipation, Fatty Liver Disease, Gallbladder inflamation and Thyroid problems.

He says that Black radishes were used in the old USSR to heal when The thyroid is deficient in producing adequate amounts of thyroxine... etc.... and the effects of both black and red radishes which produce raphanin, a main sulphur component/ingredient in radishes is chiefly responsible for keeping the production of thyroxine and calcitonin (a peptile hormone) in normal balance. With enough raphanin circulating in the blood plasma through a steady diet of radishes and radish juice the thyroid wont underproduce or overproduce these 2 hormones!!!!
mix it w apples or carrot and add some kelp to it...which is rich in iodine and benefits the thyroid gland!!!

Hope this helps!!! smiling smiley

And I do agree.. i had some black radish juice the other day.. took a big gulp out of my green veggie juice... a HUGE ONE!!! i almost spit my liver out... lol it was so strong... for the next 15 mints I was on fire.. had to drink olive oil to calm down... but i read that black radishes are excellent mucuous dissolvers!! true, cause later my nose kept running..

Date: April 10, 2009 06:24PM

Awesome info, thanks!

EZ, I made radish/apple juice last night and it ROCKED! THrew a pear in, too. YUMM!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables