Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where is the Recognised Certified Raw Chef training?
Posted by: RawInca ()
Date: August 15, 2013 06:35PM

Hi All,

Have been eating lots of raw these past few years and have decided to study
to become a raw food chef/educator etc. I have researched quite a few companies
who offer these courses. Does anybody know if there are courses which are recognised above others in the raw chef world? I am Irish but am willing to travel anywhere to get the proper, certified, recognised training. There seem to be a few good ones in the US doing seemingly good courses. Has anyone any experience.
Hope to hear from you.

P

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is the Recognised Certified Raw Chef training?
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: August 16, 2013 05:00PM

Look into these if you haven't already:

Cherie Soria's Living Light culinary institute:

[rawfoodchef.com]

Matthew Kenney Academy (he is a noted raw food chef):

[matthewkenneycuisine.com]

While not a raw chef culinary school, the Natural Gourmet Institute is excellent:

[www.naturalgourmetschool.com]

A friend of mine attended Natural Gourmet. It was a very good program, she said, and she interned at Greens (famous San Francisco vegetarian restaurant).

Make sure the program you select has some rigor--not some weekend "raw chef certification" thing. You should learn food handling, knife skills, plating, budgeting, and a slew of other things.

Something to think about--some raw food restaurant owners have said that they would rather hire someone with restaurant experience of any kind and train them to make raw food than hire someone with a raw chef certification with no restaurant experience. Restaurant work is really tough--very long hours, on your feet the whole time, very high stress, and paper-thin profit margins. Experience is really important. In Sarma Melngailis' book Living Raw Foods, she says this, and I have seen at least one other raw restaurant owner say the same thing.

Hope this helps. Best of luck in finding a program that fits your needs.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables