Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coconut water fasting: My experience and also request for comments / guidance
Posted by: baldota ()
Date: December 04, 2012 07:16AM

Hello,

6 days back, I took up cocount water fasting, having nothing but coconut water - about 4 / day. Primary aim was detox plus some weight loss.

About 2 days later did some Google Search on water fasting and read about Ketosis which talks about rapid loss of weight because of ketosis.

Do, I decided to reduce my carbohydrates even further and cut down to 3 coconuts per day and added plain filtered water to this fasting.

Later, I heard about Psyllium and started adding 1 teaspoon of Psyllium to my diet to allow bowel movement which had almost stopped because of only liquid intake.

Today is my 7th day and I feel no noticeable loss of energy. I'm feeling good about my fast.

However, since some people adviced me against this type of fast, I would like to know if there would be any negative side effects to this type of fast I'm carrying out : coconut water (3 coconuts per day) + filtered water + 1 teaspoon Psyllium?

Also, my question is with respect to ketosis. I assume its not a bad thing and useful for losing weight. Therefore my question is:
1. How do I know for sure if I am in the ketosis phase?
2. Any negative side effects to ketosis?
3. I assume having about 3-4 coconuts per day plus a little psyllium will not keep me out of ketosis. Any thoughts on this?
4. How long can I safely continue this fast - how many days more?

I look forward to receiving comments and guidance?

Regards,
baldota

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coconut water fasting: My experience and also request for comments / guidance
Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 04, 2012 02:56PM

What was your height and body weight going into the fast? If you weigh a lot, is it because of fat or muscle?

Re: Coconut water fasting: My experience and also request for comments / guidance
Posted by: Niolette ()
Date: August 22, 2013 04:22PM

I think this fasting is too harsh, though I often drink coconut water and you really don't feel loss of energy because its a natural source of electorytes and minerals; moreover it has less calories than most juices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables