Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anybody Eat at Raw Restaurants?
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 29, 2013 09:18PM

Do you have any raw restaurants nearby you and do you eat there and if so, how do you like the food, and is it way expensive?

My daughter is excited that she found a raw restaurant for us to eat at, but I looked at the menu, and it's so expensive, I can't believe it. I'm not cheap, but this seems excessive. I get mail-order prepared raw food occasionally and it's just over half the cost of these dishes, and that includes shipping -

[rawlicious.ca]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody Eat at Raw Restaurants?
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: August 30, 2013 04:06PM

well

some have quite small food portions so it is difficult to get satisfy and full unless paying a lot

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 30, 2013 04:38PM

I have, pretty expensive and fairly complicated gourmet most of the time so delicious but not all that great for my digestion. I will occasionally buy treats like kale chips and crackers but I often find them too salty for my taste. Interesting though, and fun smiling smiley.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 31, 2013 04:33PM

Well, we ended up eating at this place in NYC yesterday. It was even more expensive than their California menu. My daughter said "This is New York City, everything is expensive!" We had the spring rolls - two small rolls for $9 - vegetables wrapped in those rice paper sheets which aren't really raw, but oh, well. The dipping sauce made them really good; with raw, it's all about the sauces. Then we had a mushroom bacon sandwich, which was $14. It was mushrooms,sprouts, and a bunch of other vegetables in onion bread. I used some dipping sauce from the onion rolls to make it taste better - the bread and mushrooms were good. Then we had the Thai Noodles, which were a few of those Kelp Noodles - which I had previously discovered aren't good for my digestion,but I ate them anyway - zucchini noodles and a bunch of other vegetables and a few cashews with a sauce. That was $19 - way too expensive. I didn't get any of the desserts because I don't eat agave. The food was good and we felt OK afterward - not stuffed like when you leave a regular restaurant.

The highlight of the day was walking around the area - Lower East Side/Soho - because of all the juice bars and shops selling fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, packaged prepared raw dishes and packaged raw food at decent prices. We stopped at the Juice Press and bought raw falafel's for $9.

[www.juicepress.com]

It seems easy to be raw in NYC, but it's expensive eating at raw restaurants. I was glad to leave the city and get back to NJ - there was wall-to-wall people at 5:00 - because of all the people, all the traffic, all the noise and all the nasty smells. I'm thankful I live in the country!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables