Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What are your food purchases?
Date: September 20, 2013 02:59AM

* Picked up 12 kg or organic french green lentils today during lunch.

Tommorrow l pick up:
* 20 kg organic rye grain
* 20 kg organic sunflower seed with hulls on
* 5 kg organic sunflower with hulls off

In a few weeks l order:
* 10kg organic chia seed
* 5kg of alfalfa seed
* 5kg of red clover seed
* 5 kg of broccoli seed

Got enough algaes, mung beans and sea weeds to last a while yet. I often don't need to shop for 6 months for foods.

What quantities do you buy your food in? How often do you need to shop?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What are your food purchases?
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: September 22, 2013 12:50AM

That's a lot of seeds!

You're self sufficient then, free from the chore of having to shop every week for fresh produce and also free from disappointment (you know that beautiful fruits that look so good but never ripened after all or are mushy and inedible, carrots that taste awful...)

If I can ask, how much sprouts do you eat in one day by volume/weight?

Is everything fermented after sprouting? Is it long to do so? (lots of questions!)

During summer, I don't shop more since my garden provides me a lot of produce - so easy, I just pick what I need for the meal. During winter time, shopping for food is a challenge. I never know if the fruits will be good.

Date: September 22, 2013 05:02AM

cynthia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a lot of seeds! [/quote]
Hi Cynthia,

sproutarains need a lot of seeds in storage because sometimes they can be hard to get for many months at a time. With peas l have been know to order 4 large sacks (100 kg/200 pounds).

>
> You're self sufficient then, free from the chore
> of having to shop every week for fresh produce
Yes, l love it so much. l really like living this way.

and
> also free from disappointment (you know that
> beautiful fruits that look so good but never
> ripened after all or are mushy and inedible,
> carrots that taste awful...)

Yes...l am so over store bought fruits and learned my lesson years ago. I would prefer to do without fruit than be disappointed with rubbish fruits (most).

l will buy some fruit from a local farm during the warm season, but it is never satisfactory because it has been usually picked weeks before and refrigerated, but sometimes l get the opportunately to pick straight from the trees (l am the only person allowed to do that). l do buy some watermelon in summer (Dec - March) from shops...l find shop bought watermelon to be one of the few satisfying shop bought fruits.

>
> If I can ask, how much sprouts do you eat in one
> day by volume/weight?
Hard to say. On the distilled water l am eating very little, but l used to have a bowl of sprouted seeds, 2 buckets of sprouted greens and a bowl of legume sprouts with the occasional bowl of grain sprouts. So yes...a small meal of fermented seeds and seaweeds or occasionally nuts for lunch, and a fermented meal of legumes/grains and algaes for dinner and green drinks. But these days l am having just a small meal of either sprouted fermented legumes or sprouted fermented seeds along with fermented sea weeds and algaes. It is satisfying and gets me by, and l no longer need to eat much.

>
> Is everything fermented after sprouting? Is it
> long to do so? (lots of questions!)
I don't mind the questions. Everything is sprouted - algaes, sprouts, sea weeds and green drinks.

Fermentations depend on the seed. Lentils can by 1 - almost 2 days. Sesame/sunflower sprouts are 2 days. Chia can be 1 day. Nuts can be 2 days in rejuvalic with a prior soaking in water for up to a week. Green drinks always have fermented rye sprout water added to break down anti nutrients so nutrient-binding doesn't happen in the acid environment of th stomach.

>
> During summer, I don't shop more since my garden
> provides me a lot of produce - so easy, I just
> pick what I need for the meal. During winter time,
> shopping for food is a challenge. I never know if
> the fruits will be good.

I am glad you have a garden, that is very very important.

Sproutarians are so lucky during winter because we can grow food all year around. Winter is the best time for food because l always grow lots of chia sprouts/grass, nuts, peas shoots etc. Winter is always a feast time, but it is also a very busy time with food preparation.

The warmer weather is coming so pea shoot and chia grass season has now finished and the almighty sunflower greens are here and my first harvest is about to happen this afternoon. l will juice the ryegrass, fenugreek sprouts and the sunflower greens and add in the rejuvalic made from fermented rye sprout water. Can't go wrong...it's all fresh and l virtually have green drinks on tap without the expenese - can have up to 32 oz a day, but now having much less since the various distilled therapies (sometime only 16 oz now, but sometimes 24 - 32 oz).

Cynthia: l have a great video l know you will love in the distilled water therapy thread. It is not for most people, but l know you will love this.

With love,

Brian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2013 05:06AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: September 22, 2013 09:30AM

Todays green juices All freshly grown.

Fenugreek sprout juice
Sunflower green juice
Ryegrass juice

l also use fermented rye sprout water to neutralise most natural toxins in the juices and to maximise bioavailability of proteins, carbs, fatty acids and various minerals.

Date: September 23, 2013 01:06AM

I feel a few treads are combining here - each one adding something to the same subject - which is simply to get back to our Self. Because I believe we take that path to heal, to get more and more in touch with our real I am.

Love
Cynthia

Date: September 23, 2013 01:13AM

Summer time is a season of plentifulness whatever the country we live in - During winter time, I feel it is the time to be self sufficient - I might try a hand to sprouting and see how it goes.

I'll get some seeds and let you know my progress lol !

blessing to you all
Cynthia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables