Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you eat ? smiling smiley
Posted by: Lela ()
Date: October 31, 2013 06:48PM

Hello everyone! smiling smiley

I'm Lela, I'm 23 and i'm French. I want to change and improve the way I eat, and become a fully raw vegan! smiling smiley

To tell you a little about my food journey, I stopped eating meat at the age of 8/9, it was something that really disgusted me the most, because I hated the fact that people were killing animals, but it's a bit paradoxical because I eat fish (tuna and salmon) and ultimately it's just the same and I feel really guilty about it ...

So I decided to do some researches on raw food diet and the virtues and benefits of eating raw fruits and vegetables and this idea convinced me smiling smiley

So I made a stock of fresh fruits and vegetables (bananas, mangoes, clementines, apples, pears, grapes, grapefruits, tomatoes, zucchini, radishes, spinach sprouts, endive, cucumbers, raspberries, chia seeds ....) but I am completely lost, I don't know where to start. I have tried raw food diet one day, but I could not anything, I don't know what to make for breakfast, lunch, dinner I have no example of a typical meal and I feel like everything is bland to me sad smiley

This is why I need your advices and experiences (what you eat from lunch to dinner, your little pleasures and recipes) to help me out in my new quest for healthy eating ! :-D

Thank you in advance to all who take the time to answer me

PS : I'm new here and if I do some mistakes please bear with me smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you eat ? smiling smiley
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 31, 2013 10:45PM

Hi Lela,

You will find maybe a million different approaches, but here is mine:

I usually have a pretty good-sized breakfast of fruits plus some avocado and/or seeds or nuts as a side with my fruit, or mixed with my fruit. If no yoga before breakfast, it will be just fruit until later.

A staple for many years has been a mixture of a small quantity of whole sesame seeds with sunflower seeds - inexpensive, but delicious and nutrient-dense. Sometimes I eat those mixed with banana but usually just by themselves with fruits separate.

Or nut options may include a couple of Brazil nuts (great selenium source, but you don't need much) or walnuts or macadamia nuts (raw organic).

For lunch I often have a big salad or a couple of very stuffed nori rolls. Either option will usually include greens, bell pepper strips, turmeric, chopped leek, cilantro, and some kind of legume sprout. I prefer avocado and lemon juice for a dressing (either on my salad or in my nori rolls). If no avocado, I like some hemp seed plus a very small quantity of organic cold-pressed oil, plus lemon juice. (It's important to have some fats in the diet for absorbing your fat-soluble vitamins - A, D, E, and K - among other reasons). I like a few dried figs or dates or an orange for desert.

One of my favorite snacks is a cucumber sliced lengthwise in quarters with lemon juice. I think this goes well with a separate small portion of black chia (dissolved pretty thick). I might add an orange.

I eat fruit throughout the day whenever I feel like it. When I go running in the evening, I might have something after - anything I feel like eating.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 03, 2013 09:00PM

Hi Lela,

The way you responded to suncloud's post actually sent a Report, which is normally used to report problem messages like SPAM or abusive messages. Instead, just write your response in the text area below and then click the "Post Message" button.

Here is the contents of your report:

Lela has reported a message. The reason given was:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your advices Suncloud smiling smiley

Posted by: GenevieveParry ()
Date: November 06, 2013 12:10AM

Hi Leila,

I suggest getting inspiration from people like FullyRaw Kristina, who eats the way you want to eat.

She always makes things look colorful and delicious!

Just keep exploring.

You don't have to copy what people eat, or copy down every recipe they make, to succeed on a raw food diet.

You must learn from experience to see what you like. So, get creative!

Best of luck smiling smiley

~Genevieve Parry~

Visit My Blog --

[genevieveparry.empowernetwork.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables