Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Man Says His Spinal Meningitis Was Cured By Raw Food Diet
Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: November 25, 2013 10:01PM

An article today in the Atlanta Black Star.

I think we have heard of this guy smiling smiley

[atlantablackstar.com]

When John Kohler was in college, severe headaches and pain necessitated an emergency room visit where he endured a painful spinal tap and was diagnosed with spinal meningitis. Doctors delivered the disheartening news that he might not make it out of the hospital alive and attributed his infection to a weak immune system.

Yet today, Kohler lives to tell the amazing journey of overcoming spinal meningitis with a raw food lifestyle. He’s been so successful that he’s a sought-after raw food expert, coaching thousands on sites like living-foods.com and growingyourgreens.com.

Spinal meningitis is caused either by a viral or bacterial infection that leads to severe swelling in the spinal cord and, ultimately, the brain. Once in the brain, bleeding can occur, making early diagnosis vital. According to the World Health Organization, 5-10% of patients die within 48 hours, despite early diagnosis and proper therapy.

It’s an infection often caused in close-proximity situations where saliva is present ranging from intimate behaviors such as kissing to crowded living/social conditions like college dormitories or even day care centers.

Luckily, Kohler was determined to be well enough to head home, where doctors said he should build his immune system.

Kohler remembers thinking that “health is the most important thing and without it, we don’t have anything.” Driven by this new mindset, he found comfort when he discovered Jay “The Juiceman” Kordich on television. Kordich, known as the “father of vegetable juicing” says raw foods are responsible for overcoming his own bladder cancer.

Kohler ordered Kordich’s juicer and informational tapes. He knew this raw food lifestyle was going to turn his life around when one of the first tapes mentioned how detrimental microwaved and fried foods are to the immune system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Man Says His Spinal Meningitis Was Cured By Raw Food Diet
Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: November 26, 2013 03:02AM

Let's see. The guy was diagnosed in the hospital with Spinal Meningitis, a VERY dangerous infectious disease, but was allowed on the street because he felt better, & cured himself at home by eating raw food? Am I missing something? Highly unlikely.

Date: November 26, 2013 04:02AM

Since, for some reason. this site won't accept my "edit", just want to add that...

My almost 50-year old nephew contracted spinal meningitis as a child, was hospitalized for almost a month in a hospital isolation ward, almost died, but thankfully completely recovered...though some recoverees have lingering lifetime effects. During the majority of that hospitalization time, his parents could only see him through a window.

As to the veracity of the Jay Kordich bladder cancer cure, sorry I have my doubts. Although several websites tell this story (Wikipedia only says "claims"winking smiley, I noted a few years ago that the Kordich site itself, in telling his life story, no longer said bladder cancer, but only recovery from a serious (but not specifically mentioned) illness. At the time I was somewhat surprised at that, so today I rechecked his website to get the exact wording, but see that his "bio blog" (born in southern Cal, son of a fisherman) no longer seems to exist. Interesting.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 26, 2013 04:14AM

KFCA, in case you didn't know, this guy in the article is the owner of this forum and of living-foods.com and has a youtube channel called okraw.

Date: November 26, 2013 04:47AM

Prana. I already knew that---just kept it under my hat. But what I said stands.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables