Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What happened to this Forum?
Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: November 14, 2013 05:34PM

When I started a raw foods diet in 2006 this forum was humming with activity. Now it seems like it's on life support and about to flatline. Is the raw food diet really dead? Or people are just not into forums that much anymore?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happened to this Forum?
Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: November 14, 2013 08:16PM

Well, where have you been? lol. you have to participate if that is what you want.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 14, 2013 09:15PM

It would be cool if this forum was updated. Maybe to like a ning site. I think it is the best one out there right now.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: November 14, 2013 09:56PM

People are still eating a ton of raw vegan foods but gave up on the raw vegan scene because they're not 100% raw or even vegan. Certain gurus and forums essentially told them to get lost, so that's what they did. You're seeing the results of harsh, raw vegan strictness where perfect adherence to a diet superceded friendship and the logical need to question whether or not 100% is the right thing. If you can't even go to a forum and discuss the scientific evidence which says that cooked spinach has more nutritional value than raw, people are going to get turned off. We want health, not dogma. Now those same money-making gurus who pushed everyone away are trying to win them back with their refined sugar (blech!), vegan pizza, and vegan pasta.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 09:57PM by HH.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 15, 2013 12:18AM

Web 2.0 is where all the people are that used to participate in this Web 1.0 site. So this means Facebook or Google+ or Ning. The raw food diet is much larger than it used to be, and many more options of getting prepared raw foods that ever before.

Date: November 15, 2013 12:22AM

I think many forums are now more quiet because people get tired of them. l notice many raw forums are very very quiet - people get sick of posting and they can't stick with the raw diet, so they leave.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: November 15, 2013 02:50AM

The Law of Diminishing Returns

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 15, 2013 03:29AM

According to Fred Patenaude the raw food movement is DEAD

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 15, 2013 07:00AM

Prana, what is Web 2.0? Thanks!

I like the way this website is set up. So easy to navigate, and easy to see what's going on. Not so much bells and whistles. I like.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 15, 2013 08:31AM

Web 2.0 has made internet more dynamic, with social media, tablet, touch screens. People are not into chat rooms but interacting more one on one.
Maybe the forum can go mobile and try short messages with twitter so that subscribers to a thread can get notified by message on their phone when there is a response.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 15, 2013 02:45PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be cool if this forum was updated. Maybe
> to like a ning site. I think it is the best one
> out there right now.

What is ning? I find that old-timey set-ups like this are better to navigate because the info is organized with more visual clarity.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 15, 2013 08:46PM

Agree with banana who.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: November 15, 2013 11:40PM

It's sad really because imo it's harder for the people that need it the most you know? I know of some healthier people that seem to do well on it with ease. The other issue's imo are that it is hard and expensive to get high quality food, who want's to chomp on some horrible veggies or rancid nuts. It is also tough for people with emotional issues, which is all of us to some extent lol. And last but not least it is not supported by the masses and therefore makes it tough to be sociable.

As for this forum being dead, just take a look outside or watch the news, it's not getting better out there? People are stressed, broke and many times sick.

NO! we do not need more technology here lol. the less the better. It could be just a bit better but it serves it's purpose. Of course I don't have a dumb-phone, oh wait, I mean a smart-phone and a big fat bill every month lol. I can spend that extra money on veggies lol. Don't plan on getting a smart-phone either unless I really need one, for now I just need to make phone calls.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: November 16, 2013 12:06AM

I disagree that the raw diet is much larger. Maybe in California but not the rest of the world. Empty web-sites, gurus all over the place coming out as not raw...these are not signs of life for the raw diet. I would agree that more people are getting raw foods into their diet but not going 100%.

Prana Wrote:
> Web 2.0 is where all the people are that used to
> participate in this Web 1.0 site. So this means
> Facebook or Google+ or Ning. The raw food diet is
> much larger than it used to be, and many more
> options of getting prepared raw foods that ever
> before.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 16, 2013 04:07PM

People come to forums like this for different reasons. Someone recently commented on why I even post here, seeing as how I am not even high-raw. For me, it was to be inspired. Honestly, I will never understand people who stop posting because they stop being 100% or even high-raw. They probably would benefit even more so if they have fallen off the wagon. But only if the other posters are supportive, I guess. In someone gets brow-beaten for not being perfect then it's not going to be helpful.

I would like to experience the benefits of eating most of my foods as fruits and other raw vegan items. It's hard to see myself as not high-raw because I make huge salads most days, love fresh fruit, make pickles and dehydrated goodies, juice, make energy soup and smoothies...So I don't feel apart from this lifestyle, regardless of my "official" status. smiling smiley

Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: November 17, 2013 09:33PM

It does seem that a lot of people, as Prana says, have moved to Facebook, Google+ Pinterest, Yahoo groups etc. I'm not sure if the Raw movement is growing or declining though.

I do miss the times though when I first started raw and most people, it seems, had that innocence and zeal and soaring hopes that finally a way was found to conquer our maladies. sad smiley

Date: November 18, 2013 12:41AM

anon101 Wrote:

>
> I do miss the times though when I first started
> raw and most people, it seems, had that innocence
> and zeal and soaring hopes that finally a way was
> found to conquer our maladies. sad smiley

We all loved those innocent days and had big dreams that raw was the way to perfection. Well actually, it can be, but enlightenment is the ultimate key. Lots of raw food eaters, but very little enlightenment...doing the lifestyle well takes enormous discipline that far goes beyond food. Eating raw food is the easy part, but developing constantly increasing enlightenment is the hardest thing we can do, but the best gifts are the hardest to get for a very good reason. You don't become a cosmic adult unless you have earned it.

I loved the old days of raw before the internet...reading about the fruitarians and how life was supposed to be close to heavenly.

Waking up to the illusion we were all under is part of the awakening. Don't fight it and block it out of your minds, embrace the awakening and run with it. Fruitarianism probably works, but you've got to have developed the spirual and physical body suit to make it work imo. Pollution...so what!...the human is greater than that...people live in polluted areas but they still get enlightenment because mankind was created perfect....nothing can stop us, just got to know how to work with what we have...we do have some powerful jewels to help enlightenment but most aren't open to it, but so be it, they just aren't ready to take the next big step that will set them free from the prison planet....people like illusion because it's warm and fuzzy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 12:46AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: November 18, 2013 06:07AM

Prana Wrote:
> Web 2.0 is where all the people are that used to
> participate in this Web 1.0 site. So this means
> Facebook or Google+ or Ning. The raw food diet is
> much larger than it used to be, and many more
> options of getting prepared raw foods that ever
> before.

I will never become 'web 2.0'. 'Facebook' and all.
I too think that this site is restricted a little too much, but I like it as is. In order to get to vegan diet you need to be independent to a certain degree. It is a little sad that now, when we reached some level of independence from SAD and such, we are also becoming somewhat authoritarian. I understand that it is very hard to distinct between good intention and propaganda, so I accept the strict policy as simply a product of the environment. So, my ideas that don't belong to this site I can share somewhere else and I am fine with it.

Date: December 07, 2013 09:17PM

In terms of Web 1.0 raw food websites, rawfoodsupport may be the only raw vegan website left. giveitmeraw and rawfoodtalk and eat.rawfood are no longer running, and 30bad is a web 2.0 site, and most of the raw food stuff is going on in facebook, which is also web 2.0.

Date: December 07, 2013 09:19PM

I think by enforcing the no politics on the OT forum, we may have cut down traffic here on rawfoodsupport by 90%.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 08, 2013 05:09AM

Also, here we aren't falsely promising anyone magic health by following x y or z like the other sites. For new people the idea that they can get super healthy and solve all their health issues by following what one person says is more appealing than listening to the truth and getting sensible advice. They aren't told about the high failure rates and all the pitfalls and the consequences, just buy my book or follow my advice, so they can easily attract new people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 05:11AM by BJ.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 08, 2013 06:10AM

I posted for years on some forums and when they died all my stuff ( on there like photos ) died too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables