Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is my weight normal on raw?
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 23, 2006 09:47PM

O.k. I am 5'2 1/2". I have had two kids. My pre-pregnancy weight for both kids was 110 lbs. After having my second child 8 months ago I weight 120 lbs. Well, 2 months ago I weighed 115lbs. Now I have been eating raw about 85-90% for 3 weeks now. I just weighed myself yesterday and I weigh 106 lbs. Should I expect to lose more weight than this? I had to get new jean skirts (size 1) yesterday in junior size and I am 26 years old! Is this normal? I want to fit into these clothes, and I am afraid I will lose more weight. I eat pretty healthy. I eat 12 fruits a day (about a serving of a medium apple.) I eat my greens pretty well. I eat an avocado in my soups or with a salad almost everyday. Some days I'll eat a handful of nuts or seeds.
For those of you who have been raw for a while or are starting out like I am, have you lost weight like this? Thank goodness I still look healthy and people aren't noticing that I am losing weight. (Therefore I know I don't look like a skeleton.) Am I going to lose more weight, or am I going to stay here around 105 lbs? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is my weight normal on raw?
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: July 24, 2006 12:26AM

Everyone is different.

I am 6', 163 and 24 years old, so I mean, it really depends on if you're getting the right amount of nutrition and are happy with what you eat...You will detox and lose weight before you pack on "raw weight". A good thing is to lift weights and excercise as well.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: July 24, 2006 11:12AM

For myself, my weight has never really changed, I've always been pretty slim at around 60kgs (about 130lbs?) and my weight hasn't changed when I've changed my diet. But what I've heard is that for a lot of people, when they go raw, they tend to loose more weight than they would think is healthy but then put a bit back on to get to a healthy weight.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: July 24, 2006 04:53PM

Yeah it's normal to loose a lot of weight on the raw diet. 4 of us went raw at the same time and we all lost a lot of weight. Unfortunately for me, I am 31, 5'6" and am now down to 105!

According to David Wolfe's Sunfood Diet Success System, to gian weight you should eat only 16% sweet fruits and balance the rest of your diet with greens and fats. Since I read this, I've been trying, but I'm not very good at it. I really want the sweet fruits! But I'd also like my 25 lbs. back! grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2006 06:08PM

I am glad all of you are posting this type of message on the board. I am just starting and am looking forward to losing weight. I now weigh a hefty 193 and have included excercise in my program. My legs have got stronger but I still have a way to go.

EM

Date: July 27, 2006 08:16PM

no not everybody WILL GET THEIR FLESH BACK, on raw, i have to tell U

i said that already in few other posts before

i, after 3.5 years raw/vegan lifestyle, & trying to adjust it everywhich way

HAVE LOST ALL OF MY FLESH & LOOKED LIKE A CONCENTRATION CAMP SURVIVOR!

- of course living here in Canada i can cover up my bones with clothes, still,
- it turns out that my digestive system is sooo wrecked by my previous sad life, multiple mercury fillings(that r out by now,done not by the right person though!)
few surgeries, few smaller organs missing(appendix & tonsiles,+ my tubes tied),also heavy prescription medication use as a teenager due to very stressful times during that part of 'schooling'etc, etc......
that
my system is not able to absorb all the nutrients from the food, & that resulted in weight loss & gradual strenth loss...
anyway
on advice of my friend/naturepath, i started supplementing my raw diet with daily miso soup, also astragulus in am for my slpeen & hawthorn in pm for strengthening my heart/blood...she also tells me that all my vital energy in in my uppermost chackra & in the lowest one, the rest r ....screwed up/blocked & so the flow of the vital force is not happening there!!! ouch....she tells me i have a SERIOUS INFLAMATION happening in my bowels....felt sharp pain in 2 places when she was examining me/pressing on my stomach...!!!...
also
she gave me the healing AFFIRMATION, that i've posted on this board already, that
goes; I AM IN RADIANT HEALTH ...i'll just mention here that when i do it i REALLY FEEL THE HEALING/OPENING UP OF MY WHOLE SYSTEM/S - IT FEELS GREAAAAAAAT!
so
just so U know
that
it is not so simple
for some of us
i was hoping
that i will be the shining example
of how one can thrive on raw
weeeell
it turns out to be more...interesting-not sooo simple than i expected
but
life is changes
&
as long as we smile-laugh it's all o.kay
soooo
LOVE U
keep on trying
LOVE & BLESSINGS, Basia
ps. i'm 5'5" & went down to 100.6lbs from 118

Date: July 27, 2006 09:37PM

Oh, thanks for the information everyone. Plus, I haven't lost any more weight yet.

Basia, thanks for sharing that. Yeah, it is good to smile and laugh! It is great to feel great.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 27, 2006 11:18PM

Lots of grass juice (wild or from grain, dried or fresh, even as an implant) is always beneficial to keep weight on.

Another option is the favorite of Dr. Bernard Jensen (nutritionist, iridologist, and natural healer), clabbered milk. This is soured milk (raw goat milk is the best) which is just basically buttermilk. You can culture it yourself by just adding 2 tbs or so regular buttermilk to your fresh raw goat milk and let it sit out overnite. Drink about 4 to 8 oz a day for a good supplement. Save some of your last batch for a starter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2006 11:31PM by brome.

Date: July 28, 2006 12:12AM

Grass juice? Do you mean go out in my backyard and pick some grass and consume it?

Where can you get raw goat's milk in Wisconsin?

Thanks for the great info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2006 12:13AM by shep252.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 28, 2006 02:58PM

Wheatgrass juice is the best but can be difficult to consume. Wild grasses can be much more palatable. Chew, swallow juice, spit out the pulp.

Just regular buttermilk would work well if raw goat's milk is hard to come by. Consider this a transition food while working toward a vegan raw diet.

Date: August 09, 2006 08:53PM

Just an update: Well, I am now 100 lbs since I last posted on this thread. I think I need more calcium in my diet. At least I still look healthy. I hope I don't loose too much more. I've been eating a lot of greens and also sea veggies. I feel pretty good, so I think I may be doing good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables