Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

revolutionaries
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 14, 2013 03:19AM

its a curious thing that

a true revolutionary never gets her/his reward from outside of themselves

going against the tide

risking life limb credibility etc.

its always an uphill battle like the salmon swimming upstream during spawning and pretty much wrecking the entirety of its body so that it is nearly dead by the time it reaches its destination

there are those people who do things like that on a daily basis
some known and others unknown (anonymity has its perks)

intrinsic internal reward is strong

and powerful

and its own solace

i suppose

sometimes i think its the only thing worth living for

spending time trying to attain the consensus of others

what a fruitless endeavor

since approval changes as quickly as the tides

and if attained means so very little to begin with

but what do "I" hold as worthy

or what ideas do " I " cherish and uphold

that is all that matters in the end

so this little thread is an ode

to all the revolutionaries

who have dared to taste the elixir of their own convictions

put into grand motion by their very own feet and hands

and dared to glow so very very brightly

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: revolutionaries
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 14, 2013 03:30AM

"It seldom happens that the reformer reaps the benefits of the reform he introduces. Men are slow to understand and still slower to act. But this does not deter the man or woman who possess a genuine love of his fellowman and whose desire for the betterment of the race is no mere sentimental pseudo-religiosity. Rather he bravely faces the disappointments he is sure to experience and with courage and determination advances the cause, which, as he sees it, stands for the liberation and enlightenment of his fellows." -Herbert Shelton, "The Science and Fine Art of Natural Hygiene" pp. 417-418

“The revolutionist must pay a price, often a big one, for the privilege, the greatest of all privileges, of awakening his fellowmen to a realization of their errors, and educating them to an awareness of a better and nobler life than that which they have formerly known. Men who cast aside the conventional prejudices of their age and country, and who dare to proclaim and live up to the truths which they perceive, seldom receive the esteem and respect they deserve. If they are sincere and courageous, they care naught for the personal discomfort which the announcement of their message brings upon them, but carve out a way for themselves.” -Herbert Shelton, "The Science and Fine Art of Natural Hygiene" p. 418

"Few readers perhaps fully understand the difficulties that attend the effort to introduce new, radical and revolutionary principles to the world. It is not easy for men to discard ingrained errors and life-long prepossessions, nor to comprehend truths which conflict with the accumulated prejudices of three thousand years. Very few individuals, once professionally educated, can ever be wholly divested of the theories of their schools. If the principles of the Hygienic School are true, they overthrow all the teachings and destroy all of the practices of the medical schools and render useless all of their great libraries of accumulated lore. More than this, their general acceptance will destroy a number of great commercial enterprises that are among the most profitable enterprises of the present era." -Herbert Shelton, "The Science and Fine Art of Natural Hygiene" pp. 17-18

"'Correction is always distasteful to the truant child,' said Trall. 'Consequences are never to be desired, although always inevitable, when we have been the subjects of misdeeds.' It is the ungrateful task of Hygienists to point out to men and women what are their misdeeds." -Herbert Shelton, “Fasting For Renewal Of Life”, pp. 306-307

"A knowledge of habits and their influences is of far more value than any amount of knowledge of physics, chemistry, pharmacology and materia medica. ...What this country needs is a great teacher, one who, with the eyes of a superior being, can see the roots of our troubles, the causes of man's perennial lassitude, constant seeking after stimulants, the causes of his deterioration, weakness, decrepitude, impotence and suffering; one who possesses a deep knowledge of the secrets of nature, who knows the almost magic virtues of fresh fruits, uncooked vegetables and nuts, and who can stir our people as no man ever stirred them before. ...Our people must be made drunk with enthusiasm and wild with eagerness for a new life based on a new and superior nutrition. The man who can stir this nation to its roots and bring it back to a pristine state of health and perfection will be greater than he who builds an army, greater than a scientist or inventor who devotes his talents and energies to perfecting some new engine of destruction, and will deserve to rank among the world's greatest men." -Herbert Shelton (JR: I added the two endings together…see below.)

"What this country needs is a great teacher, one who, with the eyes of a superior being, can see the roots of our troubles, the causes of man's perennial lassitude, constant seeking after stimulants, the causes of his deterioration, weakness, decrepitude, impotence and suffering; one who possess a deep knowledge of the secrets of nature, who knows the almost magic virtues of fresh fruits, uncooked vegetables and nuts, and who can stir our people as no man ever stirred them before. ...Our people must be made drunk with enthusiasm and wild with eagerness for a new life based on a new and superior nutrition. The man who can stir this nation to its roots and bring it back to a pristine state of health and perfection [1] will be greater than he who builds an army, greater than a scientist or inventor who devotes his talents and energies to perfecting some new engine of destruction." -Herbert Shelton, "Superior Nutrition" pp. 95-96

In "The Science and Fine Art of Food and Nutrition" on page 355, Shelton uses the exact same words in the quote above, except instead of finishing the last sentence with [1] will be greater than... Shelton used ... [1] and will deserve to rank among the world's greatest men."

“The greatest obstacle to living reform in the earth today, the greatest foe of dietary reform is not ignorance, of which there is much, but the desire of those who profit from the present evil practices and the means of carrying them on, to continue to reap rich financial harvests from pandering to the many harmful practices of the present conventional way of life. We are in serious need of economic and agricultural revolutions. Basic changes are required before we can hope to give every one the materials for a better and healthier life and before we can hope to reach them with the information that they need in order to make use of those materials. So long as our channels of public information and our educational system are in the hands of the, at present, economic royalists, so long as they conceive it to be their duty to serve the special interests of these private owners of the earth, rather than to serve the interests of the people as a whole, the truth about health, disease and healing will make slow progress in reaching the people.” -Herbert Shelton, "Superior Nutrition" p. 9

Peace and Love..........John

Date: December 14, 2013 08:05AM

Nelson Mandela

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: December 14, 2013 09:00AM

David Wilcock

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:58PM

You might want to rethink Nelson Mandela…

[www.infowars.com]
Special Report: Discover the REAL Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela, working with the Soviet Union, wanted to replace Apartheid tyranny with a Marxist dictatorship. He and his followers hijacked the Anti-Apartheid Movement in an attempt to bring communism to South Africa.

He was a member of the South African Communist Party and a co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe, the armed wing of the African National Congress which targeted civilians.

Mandela fought against racism, which was a good thing, but he did it with another evil: communism.

[www.infowars.com]
Mandela Love Fest Ignores Dark Side of Legacy

[www.infowars.com]
Useful Idiots 2013 – Mandela Sings, ‘Kill Whites’

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 14, 2013 04:11PM

The thing about South Africa is that they ended Apartheid but never stopped people like this [en.wikipedia.org] from walking away with billions upon billions of dollars in their natural resources. Most black South Africans live in horrible conditions and never see one dime of the money stolen from their land. The end of Apartheid hasn't exactly brought happy days. By the way, isn't the Woodstock Fruit Festival funded by the diamond trade?

[www.nbcnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 04:18PM by HH.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 14, 2013 07:17PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might want to rethink Nelson Mandela…
>
> [www.infowars.com]
> e-real-nelson-mandela/
> Special Report: Discover the REAL Nelson Mandela
>
> Nelson Mandela, working with the Soviet Union,
> wanted to replace Apartheid tyranny with a Marxist
> dictatorship. He and his followers hijacked the
> Anti-Apartheid Movement in an attempt to bring
> communism to South Africa.
>
> He was a member of the South African Communist
> Party and a co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe, the
> armed wing of the African National Congress which
> targeted civilians.
>
> Mandela fought against racism, which was a good
> thing, but he did it with another evil:
> communism.
>
> [www.infowars.com]-
> dark-side-of-legacy/
> Mandela Love Fest Ignores Dark Side of Legacy
>
> [www.infowars.com]
> Useful Idiots 2013 – Mandela Sings, ‘Kill
> Whites’
>
> Peace and Love..........John

John Rose, welcome back...I see you're still shirtlesswinking smiley Alex Jones is lost on me now. You said it yourself--they tell you ten truths to get you to believe one lie. Anyone who promotes racial tension is not someone that I wish to follow. It would be one thing if Jones addressed this piece to Black people (in terms of scrutinizing leaders)but I do believe that Alex appeals to a demographic of fear-based White men.

Interesting perspective on Mandela and the Afterlife from Abraham: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 07:18PM by banana who.

Date: December 14, 2013 08:56PM

i was not uninformed of all the controversies that he is cloaked in - they are as myriad as the number of stars in the sky

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 15, 2013 05:25PM

I was going to post a Reply to this thread, but I think it's headed in the direction of a controversy and debate that would be more appropriate to the Other Topics Board, where we can feel free to discuss it from all angles, as we like to do, so I will be continuing my discussion over there.

I guess I will try to copy and paste the whole thing and put it over there, so it will flow and not be confusing, if possible, then I will link to it.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 15, 2013 05:48PM

My comment over on the Other Topics forum -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 15, 2013 07:49PM

Nearly every black person I've ever met has Alex Jones type beliefs. Very black hip-hop artists, not the bling variety, have taught millions of people to think that way. You should check out Louis Farrakhan. Huge conspiracy theorist. Not only are you the real racist in this equation, you're an ill-informed racist. Stick to the Kardashians. That's more your speed.

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John Rose Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You might want to rethink Nelson Mandela…
> >
> >
> [www.infowars.com]
>
> > e-real-nelson-mandela/
> > Special Report: Discover the REAL Nelson
> Mandela
> >
> > Nelson Mandela, working with the Soviet Union,
> > wanted to replace Apartheid tyranny with a
> Marxist
> > dictatorship. He and his followers hijacked the
> > Anti-Apartheid Movement in an attempt to bring
> > communism to South Africa.
> >
> > He was a member of the South African Communist
> > Party and a co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe,
> the
> > armed wing of the African National Congress
> which
> > targeted civilians.
> >
> > Mandela fought against racism, which was a good
> > thing, but he did it with another evil:
> > communism.
> >
> >
> [www.infowars.com]-
>
> > dark-side-of-legacy/
> > Mandela Love Fest Ignores Dark Side of Legacy
> >
> > [www.infowars.com]
> > Useful Idiots 2013 – Mandela Sings, ‘Kill
> > Whites’
> >
> > Peace and Love..........John
>
> John Rose, welcome back...I see you're still
> shirtlesswinking smiley Alex Jones is lost on me now. You said
> it yourself--they tell you ten truths to get you
> to believe one lie. Anyone who promotes racial
> tension is not someone that I wish to follow. It
> would be one thing if Jones addressed this piece
> to Black people (in terms of scrutinizing
> leaders)but I do believe that Alex appeals to a
> demographic of fear-based White men.
>
> Interesting perspective on Mandela and the
> Afterlife from Abraham:
> [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 07:50PM by HH.

Date: December 15, 2013 11:07PM

Here are two true revolutionaries

incisively and willingly tearing the veil on racism and prejudice
an incredibly rare demonstration / exploration

the sincerity and authenticity is mind blowing

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 15, 2013 11:43PM

posted this in the OT thread but here it is again

I think that reverse discrimination is in some ways more virulent because it appears more "justified" thus empathy is far less because it simply is guised as retribution for past transgressions but it just reinforces separation ad infinitum until we just become categories butchered up in an infinite number of ways til we are all aliens to each other and both perpetrator and victim are skeletal shreds of what was once a soul. Everyone loses.

the above video is inquiry going into the trenches
whether it is race related prejudice or some of the other various and assorted other forms of discrimination and hatred, the essence, i believe, is still the same
it is rooted in fear a deep seated hatred shame loss and a feeling that something precious ( dignity, sanctity, respect) can't be retrieved in any other way except through brutality and violence but violence towards others always results in simultaneous violation of self so nobody really wins . cause and effect simply mirroring each other until self looks into the mirror and stops seeing the "other" and starts just looking at the enemy within. i think it takes a revolutionary soul to do that, not just once, but continuously. this video was very moving but of course it will just be a bandaid unless it is reinforced in a concrete and workable way through
sincere dialogue with self, with others and just the sheer determination and discipline to CREATE something new. the same old paradigm of injury and retribution... injury and retribution... injury and retribution is being played out here on BOTH sides ( they take turns but it has obviously been going on for a very long time)

a top down trickle effect of course, will be mandatory in this case

and also a bottom up ( where all individuals examine themselves) must also be CREATED simultaneously

unless everyone becomes a TRUE revolutionary in both self examination and action
south africa will continue to self combust upon itself
the old revolutions ( wars, battles) have utterly failed

i think this country has no other choice but to be breathing a new kind of revolution in every moment in every way

and the same goes for all countries/individuals if we are going to ever create a new paradise

Love is not a trite word or the solution for the delusional

i believe it takes all the sacrifice ( of ego ) discipline ( of directing the mind soul and action towards a new direction) to actually carry out the edict of Love.

but really, its the only thing that will save ANY individual or any country for that matter (comprised of individuals)

in this case Love must be made Law

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables