Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What got you into the raw lifestyle?
Date: December 23, 2013 05:48AM

lt would be nice to hear people's raw stories.

1. How did you eat before raw?
2. What made you change towards the raw lifestyle?
3. Did you have and inspirations for going raw?

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What got you into the raw lifestyle?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 23, 2013 02:07PM

1.) SAD to strictly organic food to raw vegan
2.) Optimal health and respect for animals, becoming more spiritual was an unexpected benefit.
3.) Nope

Date: December 23, 2013 10:09PM

l hope more people give their stories.

my story
Was brought up SAD and had no idea about food or diet. People always talked about not eating too much meat or junk food because it was bad for you, but when l ate bad foods l never felt bad, so it never made sense to eat well.

I later had a vegetarian friend who would always talk about cleansing and going to the health store to buy fruit, legumes etc, but l paid it no attention because he looked like everyone else despite eating healthy. It told me that diet wasn't important and had no impact on our health. Talk about ignorant.

ONE DAY...l spoke with my friend again and he handed me a book by Paul Bragg called `apple cyder vinegar'. It changed my life! I brought it home and read the words `if you give your body the tools it needs you can create a super healthy body'. That struck a major chord with me and has stayed with me to this day. I read that book until dawn and finished it. I was a changed man.

The next day l went to my first health store. I didn't know what legumes were or anything, l was completely clueless and felt silly being there.

Before long l was reading many of my friend's health books and buying my own and eating raw and cooked vegetarian.

ONE DAY....l went to a shop and bought the biggest book l could find on diet because l thought that would make me the most educated lol (glad l did). I read a certain section that mentioned two people talking about how sprouts were the most nutritious and best foods to eat...their names were Ann Wigmore and Viktoras Kulvinskas. I thought it funny that they would mention such unlikely foods like sprouts, but l was curious so l bought many of their books. BAM...that really started my journey. I read so many books and became a machine.

Wigmore and Kulvinskas were like super heros to me..living gods, and they completely sold me on the lifestyle and made me dream day and night about how l could be. I went raw food sproutarian very quickly and never looked back. I was determinded to be like these people and l went to bed hungry every night for a year, and l cleansed for about 6 months of the year.

Viktoras always talked about fruitarians, and l thought the way to become a super being and live happy ever after was to eat fruit. The internet wasn't around in those days and l had no support, but l didn't need it, l was determined and had good guidance from Dr Ann. I never went fruitarian because l couldn't afford it (luckily).

About 4 - 5 years ago l got curious to see if any raw food people were online. The first people l saw was Markus Rothranz and David Wolfe. I was shocked...completely and utterly shocked because raw foods now had gurus and it was cool to eat raw. It never was cool to eat raw when l started, and no-one l knew ever did it.

I then checked and saw some raw forums, but l kept well away because l was intimidated. I thought everyone on the raw forums would have been high level peace loving raw gurus who meditated all day and sang mantras in their white robes and sandals. I saw this forum and others and assumed everyone was either a fruitarian or sproutarian living in paradise, and l didn't feel worthy to be in such company because l was just an ordinary fellow eating raw sprouts who wouldn't have the spiritual connection that the imaginery forum gurus would have.

One day l decided to register with a forum to find a guru l could mentor under. I acted really low key for many months and never shared my knowledge or opinions because l thought everyone would know far more than l did. I was like a little mouse. After reading for 6 months l started to wake up...these forum folks aren't divine super guru Demi-Gods, they are just ordiunary people like me. See...l used to think raw people were living in paradise happily ever after, that's why l was intimidated because l was living in the real world.

l saw Prana's name here, Powerlifters and John Roses, and l thought know way...these guys are super beings and they are going to know everything, l am not worthy of such company. That's why l avoided registering here...wayyy too intimidating.

There was another fellow on another forum who intimidated me too. I thought he was this high level guru, but later l found out he was only 15 and struggling with the 80-10-10 diet.

It took me a while to come out of my shell and express my opinions because l didn't want all these high level gurus to think l was a know-it-all. Later l started expressing opinions because l knew people were trying to find their way and l knew l could help people.

Later l read Tom Billings work. WOW..that was a wake-up call and changed my life. People really were struggling on raw vegan diets.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 10:15PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 23, 2013 11:36PM

I used to think that people on raw forums were born with a healthy eating habit and naturally ate raw all their lives.

Sometimes I still can't believe l eat raw foods. I was the most unlikely person to eat that way.

I see myself as an ordinary man, yet l have become just like my old heros Ann Wigmore and Kulvinskas. All my dreams have come true, yet l see myself as nothing special, and it now makes me see my former heros as everyday ordinary people, and this tells me that we all can make our dreams come true.

This has taught me to never look up to anyone or see them as heros because we are all equal. Never be intimidated by anyone, because we are all made of the same stuff.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 24, 2013 12:00AM

At what age did you go raw?

Date: December 24, 2013 01:19AM

The way I was awoken about diet helped make me aware of the fact that things happen to us for a reason and we can learn something from all situations even though you may be completely unaware of it at the time. I feel like it's your spiritual guides doing whatever they can to awaken you, even if that means you have to deal with negative situations beforehand.

Someone I worked with posted on facebook one time about how she wanted non-GMO fruit for Christmas (she's also a vegan). Me not knowing what GMO was, I decided to do some research. I literally went organic overnight as I couldn't allow myself to knowingly put that junk into my body anymore. A few months later I stopped eating meat and was 95% raw for a while (only cooked meals being lightly steamed broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus) and then transitioned to 100% raw when I learned there was still a big difference in the two. She also made me aware that most pet foods were full of chemicals and animal by-products and were terrible for dogs. Had I never worked at this place, I may still be eating the SAD.

I can see multiple connections in my life where I was led to certain things through situations and/or people for very good reasons unknown at the time. I also use to use cannabis, which isn't anything major, but I learned so much information from getting high (lol) and just researching things for hours, stuff that I likely wouldn't have been willing to look into or have an open mind about had I not used cannabis. I also feel like it helped me discover my true passion (holistic nutrition, raw foods/superfoods, optimal longevity, etc.) whereas before my subject major was strictly based off the fact that I got the best grades in that subject in high school but didn't really care about it (english/writing).

Man I could write so much about situations that seemed negative but in the future, even 5-10 years down the road ended up being blessings in disguise.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2013 01:32AM by jtprindl.

Date: December 24, 2013 02:52AM

Great post jtprindl, it made me happy to read it.

Funny enough...a powerful clairvoyant told me as a child that l would become very health minded, be super moral like a high priest, get my hands dirty everyday with soil (sprouting micro greens), have mastermind ability (l was dumb as doornails all my life and struggled with school) and take over from someone who retired in an important job (Brian Clement?...I wish, lol).

I never gardened, was morally corrupted, dumb as anything, far from health minded etc. So this seemed silly to even think about. Most things the clairvoyant said was or did come true.

I'll never forget the time l saw Wigmore and Kulvinskas in front of those wheatgrasses and sunflower greens, I WAS HOOKED! I thought...these people must know ALOT about health to be doing something so bizarre. winking smiley

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 24, 2013 03:48AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great post jtprindl, it made me happy to read it.
>
>
> Funny enough...a powerful clairvoyant told me as a
> child that l would become very health minded, be
> super moral like a high priest, get my hands dirty
> everyday with soil (sprouting micro greens), have
> mastermind ability (l was dumb as doornails all my
> life and struggled with school) and take over from
> someone who retired in an important job (Brian
> Clement?...I wish, lol).
>
> I never gardened, was morally corrupted, dumb as
> anything, far from health minded etc. So this
> seemed silly to even think about. Most things the
> clairvoyant said was or did come true.
>
> I'll never forget the time l saw Wigmore and
> Kulvinskas in front of those wheatgrasses and
> sunflower greens, I WAS HOOKED! I thought...these
> people must know ALOT about health to be doing
> something so bizarre. winking smiley

It's fun looking back at things like this and then realizing that it truly related somehow or had an impact on your life. I can add another example:

To start off, I haven't seen or spoke to my mom that much over the past 7, 8, 9 years, and even before that it was only a few times per year. However, I do remember when I was very young, had to be 3 or 4 because it was before my younger brother was born and I'm about four years older than him... my mom talked about having out of body experiences and souls/spirits on multiple occasions. I didn't really know how to respond at the time and maybe thought she was just acting weird, but nowadays, here I find myself becoming more spiritual and actually looking forward to astral traveling (hopefully) one day.

I've read that before we're born, we decide the type of life that we want to live (which family to live with, occupation, personal atrocities, etc.) in order to grow and learn for spiritual growth. Have you heard anything of this as well?

Date: December 24, 2013 09:30AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I've read that before we're born, we decide the
> type of life that we want to live (which family to
> live with, occupation, personal atrocities, etc.)
> in order to grow and learn for spiritual growth.

Spot on.

I've been told this is my last life here, and l will be shown where l am going to live for my next life before l die. I will have a choice, but it will be a world that is at my level, however l could always choose to go to a lower world or stay on Earth if l choose too.

No-one is a victim in this world, not even babies that die at birth. Sometimes people choose short term projects...it's all an experience, both for the baby and the parents.

l have even heard of spiritual masters choosing to come back as a flower/weed so they can experience life as a plant and then getting eaten. You never know what bugs or plants are aliens or high level beings. Aliens are everywhere on this Earth, but most people don't seem to be able to see them.

Lots of mythical creatures walk the Earth too, that's where l think authors got the idea about fairytale characters. The mythical creatures that walk the earth look exactly like some of the characters in the books. This Earth is a very crowded place and dimensions are everywhere...often 6 feet away from each other. Watch out for the log cats, they are always cute....real prehistoric. smiling smiley

Date: December 24, 2013 09:51AM

Where do you think the satanic Hollywood people come up with all these scarey creatures for horror films? These satanic film people take inspiration from the low level beings they communicate with in the lower astral worlds through demonic illumination. These monsters do exist.

The `all seeing eye' is very very significant, but it is not what many conspiracy theory people think it is. It can be evil, but it can also be angelic...depends on the type of illumination of the person - can be demonic illumination or pure good illumination.

www.thesproutarian.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables